"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:28:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Mappers' Competition  (Read 28141 times)

Re: Mappers' Competition
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 11:26:10 pm »

I THINK I GIVE UP LOL. not meant to be a mapper i guess

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 01:21:02 am »

I. The rules
The competitors are asked to create at least two maps, each belonging to one of the three categories, and no two maps in the same one.

Question #1: One of the maps I'm planning is a Special Encounter map. This encounter will have two connected parts, and therefore, two map files.

My question: For this competition, is this allowed? The rules say that I can't have more than two maps of the same kind. If both maps will be part of the same Special Encounter, can this count as just one file?

Question #2: Another question: Currently , when I go to the Tile section in the Mapper, it keeps placing the tiles as "roof" tiles, and I don't get how to change this so that it starts laying down normal tiles again, and how delete the [roof] tiles.

In a nutshell, how do we delete Tiles and (Roof?) Tiles?

Quote from: Mapper Tutorial
Creating a first map.
Alright, we are now ready for the action.
We will try to create a test map, so press Enter and type “!”
This does not work, as Wichura said, it looks like you have to only load off of a existing map that was pre-loaded or downloaded from the SDK link
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:41:57 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:32 am »

Hey, i have a question
Is there any way to test the maps? i need to know if the triggers are working fine

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 03:26:23 am »

Question #1: One of the maps I'm planning is a Special Encounter map. This encounter will have two connected parts, and therefore, two map files.

My question: For this competition, is this allowed? The rules say that I can't have more than two maps of the same kind. If both maps will be part of the same Special Encounter, can this count as just one file?

I think in this case it's ok. I believe you have some similiar thing like I do too and I have two maps connected to each other aswell. ;)

Question #2: Another question: Currently , when I go to the Tile section in the Mapper, it keeps placing the tiles as "roof" tiles, and I don't get how to change this so that it starts laying down normal tiles again, and how delete the [roof] tiles.

Disable all other things except "tiles" in the right hand side of the interface (so that only tiles can be edited/moved etc).
Now you just use the mouse and mark the tiles you want to delete. Press "Del" then. ;) To switch between Roof and Ground, press the middle mouse button.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 01:06:15 pm »

Use "*new" instead of "!". To switch between roof and floor tiles, press the middle mouse button. To remove floor or roof tiles, you have to activate it in the filter at the bottom right side, then mark the tiles and simply delete them.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »

LOL, my middle mouse button is broken, is there a shortcut key for Tiles/roof switching?

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:08:55 pm »

LOL, my middle mouse button is broken, is there a shortcut key for Tiles/roof switching?

Not sure, if there ain't, try using AutoHotKey to "bind" some other key to mouse3.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:29 pm »

Got any idea how to get it work with linux?
I downloaded new version, but when i try to start it with Wine looks like it just disappear.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:53 pm »

I downloaded new version, but when i try to start it with Wine looks like it just disappear.

Check FOMapper.log and see what it says.
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 01:37:18 am »

Mapper v1.23.5 is working on linux (wine-1.2, with minor graphical glitches in my case), probably you've got typical problem with its config (paths to files etc.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:40:04 am by Misiolap »

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 03:59:22 am »

Hey, what happened to this competition?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 06:32:59 am »

It ended, the submissions are being reviewed.

AHS-9

• Administrator
  • AHS-9, the Great And Terrible
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 06:18:55 pm »

The competition is now concluded. Four people: ASDu, Vintar, Visco and Wichura were offered to work with the team.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 02:36:25 pm »

Congratulations to them!

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 03:15:21 pm »

Yay, I saw some Wichuras work for HQ mine and it was great. If the others are at least that good, we have a lot of nice map coming. Congratulation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.