"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 22, 2024, 03:05:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: [Archive] Questions and Answers #1  (Read 111456 times)

Re: Newbie questıons
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 10:25:57 pm »

2) No, becouse there is no option to order "use best armor" ; "remove armor". Just like with drugs and stims, slaves will ignore those.

3) Good question. You have basic 3 AP punch as single attack with mega power fist so no palm and pearcing strikes and kicks. The question is does 15% critchance from haymaker goes into account with power unarmed weapons.

2) uh so i guess they are quite expensive meatwall ... unless they have some inherited resistances
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:51 am »

No, they're pretty much a waste of cash if you want them to do anything other than guard.

This is why I'd like mercs that respawn the day after being killed - the price would stop everyone having them, but the respawning would make people prepared to travel with them.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »

sounds like a great idea, if it is possible trader kind of players would actually stand a chance against a player controlled raider and not have to waste all their money on regular protection.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 11:37:11 pm »

Ok im having trouble making an account. i go to the character screen and set everything up including name and pass. but when i go ro login it says its incorrect.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »

I will use this topic to not spoil discussion. Can somebody explain me brahmins behavior? I mean loosing them for example in encounters which is played on turns. Like that i leave the battle and brahmin doesnt go with me? Or that i run bit faster from her and i lose her again. If i come back on same place she wont be there. Maybe im just noob. Thats why, im asking for explaining of this topic. Thanks a lot.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 07:43:58 am »

Hello everybody.

I have got a problem with Sierra Army Base. I want to use a medical terminal on level 3, i know where it is, it won't work because of lack of power. I go to the mainframe (Skynet) divert the power, then computer says I need to fix the power generator. So I go to the fourth floor and try to repair the Power Generator that is located next to the elevator (hidden in a small room). Unfourtanetly, even I have 128% repair skill, I just can't fix it, no matter how many times I try, I called for a friends help (He has about 150% repair) he couldn't fix it too. We both had Tool equiped.

So, is there some minmum repair skill level needed? (I can't believe 150% is too little)
Is it worth to obtain a better toolbox from Rondo at NCR (he has a dialgoue option for this), in order to fix this generator?

Please help, I really tried almost everything and going to Vault City is not an alternative for me, my character has to little Charisma to be let into the town.

Thanks for your help in adavance.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:45:46 am by Kharaam »

Blubber we miss You!!!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 06:37:45 pm »

maybe you need a SUPER tool kit for it?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 06:45:32 pm »

no i repaired it with just 100% skill ... and no i didnt try 100 times maybe 1-2 fails.
but that was before last updated might be changed now (noting in notes through..)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 07:03:19 pm »

then i guess that it depends on how lucky you are (not the attribute luck)

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 02:30:42 am »

Thanks for your kind help

Blubber we miss You!!!

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »

Grenade-weapons are effected by PE with the to hit 'formula'.  So 1 PE will make it harder to hit with them, requiring you to raise it to 100%~ just to compensate for ranges beyond a few hexes.  Its still fun though to peg someone with a plasma nade while they thought you were some random hth.

As for SAD, I think Luck does play a role with how easy it is to repair the generator.  I seen someone with 1 luck not be able to do it while char with same Repair% but 8 luck accomplish the goal in one or two tries.  As I said before, many times, 1 luck is a gimp.  You're gonna do everything at substandard quality if Luck ever plays a part.  That's alot of ifs in there just to make Luck a stat sink, no?  Anyway...

Make sure you're fixing the right generator.  In the small room on the 4th floor where it is located, there is two pieces to it.  If its not working, maybe you're repairing the wrong object.  Just a guess/warning to any nubs having questions about this area. Again.

Note on VC: you can easily just eat a mentat to get yourself as a VC citizen.  But this is not suggested for anyone who does PVP as killing another VC citizen player will ruin your VC Reputation.  However, for simple Doctor 3 chars, this is highly suggested as it provides a clean, safe area with a no-hassles Medical Terminal.  As well, the stores (used to be) not too bad in the inside of VC.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 09:50:08 am »

so, where can the extended workbenches be found and the military ammo terminals?
And also, how to disassemble guns?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:06:20 pm by gordulan »

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 08:05:07 pm »

Oi. (@_@)  I've explained the SAD thing a few times already. The expanded Workbench with tools is located inside the Raiders Base and you get access to it if/when you join them and don't (obviously) if you resign, and have to use the SAD method for the 7.62mm ammo.  Which, afaik, is the Only thing requiring these extra steps now.   Do a search man for SAD or ammo bench and if you cant find it, ask again and I'll detail it once more.  :-X

Dissassembling is easy: use Science on a weapon or armor to turn it into partly into its base materials.  Higher science increases the turnout, as well as having a Tool or Supertool in your active hand slot.  Higher than 130% is ideal to me, much higher.  The tools wear out after so many uses doing this, too, so be prepared to make a pile of them if you plan on doing this alot, they can go quick.  
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »

Dissassembling is easy: use Science on a weapon or armor to turn it into partly into its base materials.  Higher science increases the turnout, as well as having a Tool or Supertool in your active hand slot.  Higher than 130% is ideal to me, much higher.  The tools wear out after so many uses doing this, too, so be prepared to make a pile of them if you plan on doing this alot, they can go quick.  
WHAAAAAAAT YOU CAN DO THAT ???!!?!!?!?!?!?! holy cow .....

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 08:43:25 pm »

it keeps saying that i can't do it whenever i try to use science on agun when it is in my inventory, do i have to do it while it's on the ground then?
another really dumbass question from my end, any way to rebaptise yourself in the game (change name)?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:08:53 pm by gordulan »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.