"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:27:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strange suggestion about Charisma  (Read 1635 times)

Strange suggestion about Charisma
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »

Charisma is very good.
Everyone like you when you are charismatic, even you like yourself.
If you have low CH it means everyone think that you're nobody, noone respect you, everyone laught at you. You hate yourself that you born with 1 CH and world hate you, sometimes you think to suicide. Even brahmins are more beautiful and attractive than you. Your confidence is nothing, you don't have it at all, everyone blame you whole your life include yourself. You're very unconfident and you think that your life is one big bad joke.
Middle CH means you're like others (well... if look on most 1 CH player community, you can even consider yourself supermodel with even 3 CH... but don't take it into account), nothing good, and nothing bad.
High CH means everyone like you, you're cool, they see your actions always as the only and the right way or you're simply beautiful, or you know how to affect other people, or... you simply have high number infront of CH in character sheet. Anyway it making you feel that it's your world, and you never regret that you born here.

Also scew realism, who cares about it.
In short words:
Right now critical chance is your LK + trait/perks/aim bonus/unarmed attack ability.
To prevent some critical effects victim performs rolls, depending on effect, like EN roll and LK roll.
There's also Stonewall perk, that helps to prevent two critical effects, but it again uses EN.
Suggestion:
Formula for critical roll is:
(60% + 4*Luck)/100*Aim bonus + Critical chance
change it to:
(60% + 4*AttackerLuck - 4*(TargetCharisma-5))/100*Aim bonus + Critical chance

10 LK is the must for snipers.
10 PE is the must for snipers.
10 EN is the must for... anyone to have HP and be invulnerable to knock downs and high resistant to knock outs and have alot HP.
10 IN is the must for crafting alt.
10 CH (well 9 CH..., but I think Magnetic personality should have 10 CH as requirement, so it'll be the only way to have max. limit of mercs) is the must for leader/slaver/taxi-builds.
I want to say that it's impossible to have all attributes high.
It'll make builds changed alot and ALL 7 attributes well used. Right now you have them all on 5 +5 addiitional points +1 free point from Small Frame trait. It'll make builds really very different. 1 LK - you're dead already. 1 EN - you're dead again and even high LK won't help you. 1 ST - eat buffout to operate shitty pistol. 1 PE - permanent blindness. 1 IN - unarmed/melee only (that's why high skill should give some benefit like damage or critical chance, but only with items, so high unarmed skill won't make your haymaker fatality, but powerfist will be dangerous weapon, or... make % penalty for aimed attacks the same as ranged weapon). 1 AG - it'll be hard... but still playable somehow. 1 CH - oh noes! Sha Enin won't talk to me! I can't bring a dog with me! I can't kill poor tent robber in the desert! A guy in Fortress won't increase my SG skill on 15% without mentats!
Well formula is a bit wrong... I simply wanted to show that a character with 5 CH will be crited with the same chance as now, with 1 CH he'll have critical bursts often(no, because aimed bonus in the torso is 0... that's why formula is incorrect a bit), 10 LK won't be the only way for snipers, because your target can't have 10 EN, 10 LK, 10 CH, 10/6 PE, 3/5/7 ST, 6/7/10 AG, 5/6 IN at the same time, I made CH to work like Willpower or something not only because it'll be cool, but to make all 7 SPECIAL attributes must to have.
Or you're going to implement someday wonderful replicatable mercs with high AI to multiple your actions? So 3 CH will give you almost second you, increasing your abilities alot in crafting, combat and quests, then it makes sense to be one-man-army with 1 CH, or you can sacrifice 2 or even 4 or maybe 6 points from you to be able to use permanent follower(s)'s abilities, then 1 CH will be sneak/scout-build only.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Strange suggestion about Charisma
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:11 am »

Interesting... but this would make us already overpowered CH characters more powerful, since I tend to get a critical hit out of every 10 shots/bursts even with my measly 1% critical chance and 1 LK.....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:40:25 am »

I dont agree, charisma is now dump stat for pvp characters, same as luck/perception for crafters and the rest. Additional 4 SPECIAL points gives so much needed freedom in creating different pvp builds.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:50:20 pm »

I dont agree, charisma is now dump stat for pvp characters, same as luck/perception for crafters and the rest. Additional 4 SPECIAL points gives so much needed freedom in creating different pvp builds.

You know, thats the whole point for this suggestion, to kill of Power builds. and i'm for it. Also most crafters dont dump perception, and ussualy not luck either but balance it out instead. If you are talking about pure crafter alts sitting in bases doing nothing more than repairing that CA, then yeah obviously. But this suggestion would kill off powerbuilds once and for all.  It would make combat allot more interresting, as all loners who do have charisma currently will stand a far better chance in a fight.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:58:16 pm »

You know, thats the whole point for this suggestion, to kill of Power builds. and i'm for it. Also most crafters dont dump perception, and ussualy not luck either but balance it out instead. If you are talking about pure crafter alts sitting in bases doing nothing more than repairing that CA, then yeah obviously. But this suggestion would kill off powerbuilds once and for all.  It would make combat allot more interresting, as all loners who do have charisma currently will stand a far better chance in a fight.
6 VS 1 this Wipe since drug nerf = pwnage no matter what the situation is.

Reason you don't see it often though is because you can only get good combat followers with caps and even the best "Combat slave"  Sucks Balls compared to a Punk mercenary.  Plus this wipe they're so god damn bugged out they're near useless.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:09 pm »

Idea is good but... eh...

...once again alts are fucking up whole system. I think it's the biggest problem of game, but whatever...

(To be clear, OR lower relog time, accept some kind of password inventory storage, mail... anything! OR get rid/clear up things with alts! By suggested already account system or whatever... many solutions was given.)

For now it's like this.

One POWER-BULID. One SNIPER. One TRADER/TAXI. Few MERC DUMPERS. Few CRAFTERS (for everything!) and this all stays in one happy base x players who are using them.

Alts, alts, alts... Loners are screwed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:43:54 am by vilaz »
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 03:01:27 am »

60% + 4*AttackerLuck - 4*(TargetCharisma-5))/100*Aim bonus + Critical chance

10L + 10CH

(100% - 20%)/100*60 + 10= 490?

I screwed something. I took 60 for the eyes...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:38:41 am »

60% + 4*AttackerLuck - 4*(TargetCharisma-5))/100*Aim bonus + Critical chance

10L + 10CH

(100% - 20%)/100*60 + 10= 490?

I screwed something. I took 60 for the eyes...
Well it was an example of formula, but let me calculate myself.
(60% + 4*AttackerLuck - 4*(TargetCharisma-5))/100*Aim bonus + Critical chance
10 LK vs 10 CH to the eyes:
(60%+40%-20%)/100*60+10=58%
So with 10 LK you'll have 58% critical in the eyes, if target has 10 CH. Won't help much really, because x3 More Criticals will give 15% and it'll be 73%, but it's eyes, ususally shots in heads, because I mostly instakilled in the head... and almost never instakilled in the eyes.
Without CH in formula it'll be 70% and 85% with x3 More Criticals.
But again this formula is incorrect, because it won't affect torso shots, because aim bonus is 0, but again, may be it's good to have an advantage for SG/BG-critical bursters over snipers.
Edit:
I don't think someone will have 10 LK or 10 CH, because they will have too low other attributes. So 10 LK vs 10 CH will be... rare, or else that 10 LK guy will have mostly 1 CH, so even 1 LK guy may crit him easily and every shot will crit him, while 10 CH will be useless in anything except for lots mercs who will kill everything on sight, so 10 CH guy will have also 10 EN and simply will be a living tank, so mercs won't be lost only because leader died.
Don't make attributes max and don't go to absolute, may be 7 or 8 or 9 LK will be used, or 5 CH and 6 LK, if you want to be super mega crit'er with 10 LK, then you should sacrifice something, and may be it'll be CH, so you will be more vulnerable, etc. Or make balanced character. 10 CH will have more effect against 6 LK, so it'll be useful, but 10 CH again.. require alot points, so you should sacrifice something.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:57:29 am by RavenousRat »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 12:38:37 pm »

Oh, ok! Well, this would definitely make less snipers and more BGners, so if it would be 70% eyes, its about 20% less than now for a sniper. Making them worse, and any just starting wastelander with some aimable weapon is just brutal. So all in all even more minigunners, however I agree that CH is a neglected SPECIAL attribute
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.