"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:22:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More joinable NPC factions  (Read 2812 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
More joinable NPC factions
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:22 pm »

It may be interested to be able to join more NPC Factions, for the professions and quest. The same profession could be learnt in different factions. For example, for level 3 Gunsmith (Small Guns) you need to join the Raiders. What if you could also join another faction, say, being a New California Republic Ranger for that? San

Possible factions:
-New California Republic
-San Francisco Communist Party
-Slavers (already joinable, but with more bonuses?)
-Followers of the Apocalypse
-Children of the Cathedral
-Klamath trappers
-Gunrunners
-Hub criminals
-Mercenary Guild (to be created, suggested by Michaelh139)

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:28:45 pm by Eternauta »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: More joinable NPC factions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »

We need a faction thats all about leading War parties as well, like I mean the opposite of the Slaver Guild, something Mercenary Guild ya know?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:27:25 pm »

We need a faction thats all about leading War parties as well, like I mean the opposite of the Slaver Guild, something Mercenary Guild ya know?

Man that's a really good idea. I'll add it to the list.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:22:04 pm »

With the NPC faction overhaul many of these things will be able to do "soon".

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

With the NPC faction overhaul many of these things will be able to do "soon".

Heh. That's cool. I didn't post my suggestion to bitch about how NPC Factions are working now. I just think there could be more possibilities. And I didn't know there is work being done on them already.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:52:59 pm »

The most logical 'vs' for slavers would be NC Rangers... those two had a conflict since Fallout 2

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:18 pm »

The most logical 'vs' for slavers would be NC Rangers... those two had a conflict since Fallout 2
I was thinking about that too but I mean that since we have a faction for Slavers wheres our faction for Mercenaries?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 08:18:11 pm »

I don't quite follow the idea for a mercenaries FACTION. You guys mean a guild or what? How come guns for hire could have any common agenda? They work for the one who pays, that's just about it.

EDIT: Ah, right... the suggestion  :P To be honest, Before I will have a chance to see this whole NPC faction overhau, before I could say that adding such factions makes any sense... loooooooong time ago I said how I would like to see a REAL NPC faction (http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=2445.msg21030#msg21030). Hope the changes will go somewhere in that direction, 'cos I'm still convinced that 'my' overhaul would work wonders :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:35:16 pm by DrapiChrust »

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:40:51 pm »

Funny... it's not Fallout 2 yet.  8)
So I fail to see how this is applicable either for/against 2238 in any particular way except its a glimpse of the (edit: POSSIBLE) future.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 06:22:31 pm »

Funny... it's not Fallout 2 yet.  8)
So I fail to see how this is applicable either for/against 2238 in any particular way except its a glimpse of the (edit: POSSIBLE) future.

Man, 2238 is just three years before the Chosen One goes out of Arroyo. The conflict between the NCR Rangers and the Slavers did not start when The Chosen started to roam the wastes looking for the GECK... It must have started some years before that.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »

I don't quite follow the idea for a mercenaries FACTION. You guys mean a guild or what? How come guns for hire could have any common agenda? They work for the one who pays, that's just about it.

EDIT: Ah, right... the suggestion  :P To be honest, Before I will have a chance to see this whole NPC faction overhau, before I could say that adding such factions makes any sense... loooooooong time ago I said how I would like to see a REAL NPC faction (http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=2445.msg21030#msg21030). Hope the changes will go somewhere in that direction, 'cos I'm still convinced that 'my' overhaul would work wonders :P

I had not read that suggestion. It is really interesting!!

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 07:01:41 pm »

I had not read that suggestion. It is really interesting!!

Was  :(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.