"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 05:18:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: avoid to take a level of profession, perks and trading through the help of drugs  (Read 1562 times)

as the title, I suggest that the check on the characteristics of the character happen on values basis, and not on those drugs, when must take a level of profession, or a perk, or when you should talk to a merchant.

Nah. Stupid idea. You create 1000000 alts. For crafting, trading, fighting. You want this? Do you have so many time to exping them?

It's no stupid idea.

And also without this change, players have 10000 alts for crafting, steal, do pk, sell, etc. etc..

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:08:04 pm by joshwa »

RJ

Drugs don't affect perks.

Anyway what are your arguments?

(phail english edited)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:22:14 pm by RJ »
"Sanity... is for the weak!"

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll

And also without this change, players have 10000 alts for crafting, steal, do pk, sell, etc. etc..
And with this change there will be +1 alt per player.
Before wipe I could use my fighting girl to get 3rd level of Doctor profession. She had 1 CH, so I could put points elsewhere, in EN for example. With your suggestion I'm gonna need one more char to 3rd level of Doctor.

Bad idea bro', nothing personal.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

check on the characteristics of the character happen on values basis, and not on those drugs, when must take a level of profession, or when you should talk to a merchant.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral

You still didn't say any reason why this change should be made...  ::)

gordulan

• General Animosity

from what I understand you are proposing to make teh SPECIAL characteristics decide what you can do. My oh-so-honest opinion is that this is a terrible idea and will force people to have alternate characters for every task they have to do, I'm against this to the point of going blubbering in rage.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

uff, Alts.. a great evil in this game together at Power Build. :(

However the reason were given by the fact that all the serious games the check is performed on the baseline and not on those affected.
Can take levels of the profession, or bargain, or take the perks, thanks to the use of drug is like using the cheats.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral

I am perfectly OK with fonline stepping out of the line of "serious games"... in fact I require it...

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?

However the reason were given by the fact that all the serious games the check is performed on the baseline and not on those affected.
Like what serious games? World of warcraft?

Can take levels of the profession, or bargain, or take the perks, thanks to the use of drug is like using the cheats.
You can't take perks if you don't meet the requirements with base stats. See? You don't have even any idea what are you talking about. Try suggesting something actually useful next time.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Like what serious games? World of warcraft?
You can't take perks if you don't meet the requirements with base stats. See? You don't have even any idea what are you talking about. Try suggesting something actually useful next time.

I know perfect about i speak. Expect perks, if i, with cha 1, can speak with merchant (that require min char 3) taking a Mentat. And also, levels for those professions requiring high int, just take a Mentat.

Serious game are the TRUE RPG.
Maybe for you WoW is a serious game. For me it only for dumbaby.

P.S.: we talk about the respawn at fixed time of caps the merchants and how the gangs or some pg, who know the respawn time, use the alts to clean them regularly?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:54:17 pm by joshwa »

I think the profession stat requirements are bizarre and pointless anyway. If you can circumvent them with drugs, why are they there?

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!

If you don t use mentats for avoid profession limitation why you would use mentats?

I prefer if it is possible make a char with int 7 that may be useful in combat (energy sniper or combat medic)

or if you don t want you put int 8 , 9 , 10 more freedom is better
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.