"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 06:41:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merc Perks  (Read 2081 times)

Merc Perks
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:22 am »

My suggestions is basically to let mercs get perks every 4-5 levels, the perks would be random except useful to what type of merc they are.
Perks like Toughness, More HtH Damage, More Ranged Damage, Stonewall any other perks that may be useful state them, i don't believe more critical/better critical would be allowed considering a group of 5 mercs dealing constant crits would be unbalanced.

The 5-6 hp gain per level is nice but i want it worthwhile to try and get a merc to high levels instead of just having a little bit more HP than a newly bought one.
If I am retarded and this is already happening please tell me.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Merc Perks
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »

No perks.

Just +however hp and +5% in all skills each lvl up, nothing more.  So no, your not retarded  ;D.

I would like this but... I mean is it REALLY worth lvling up mercs?  Hell super mutants are as easily lost as a Lone Wanderer slave so...  hmmm..  Idk.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:31:43 am »

I'm going to teach my mercs to stay in a circle around me and be meat shields if this doesnt happen  ;D
And i somehow knew you would be the first to respond and there would be few others.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:48 am »

I'm going to teach my mercs to stay in a circle around me and be meat shields if this doesnt happen  ;D
And i somehow knew you would be the first to respond and there would be few others.
I know all about Follower Trivia  8).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:54 am »

well I guess sticking to F2 would be a good option:

every 3-4 lvls depending on a character, they would get extra hp/carry weight/skill in their main skill. I think perks would be too much. skill is that what matters
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:37 am »

I think some perks for them would be cool, but maybe not as powerful as player perks. Not really sure about what they could be. But in general, more control and information on our mercs/slaves would be nice.

I'm really thinking character sheets for every NPC under your control. Each could show up as a tab on the side of your character sheet. Not as detailed as ours, but at least a way to monitor them. Including their location would also help slavers and the like keep track of where their NPCs are and how many they have.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:11 pm »

I think some perks for them would be cool, but maybe not as powerful as player perks. Not really sure about what they could be. But in general, more control and information on our mercs/slaves would be nice.

I'm really thinking character sheets for every NPC under your control. Each could show up as a tab on the side of your character sheet. Not as detailed as ours, but at least a way to monitor them. Including their location would also help slavers and the like keep track of where their NPCs are and how many they have.
Yes...  Please...  Do as this man says...   
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:56:22 am »

Michael we shall suggest so many merc suggestions that they will be implemented just to get us to stfu  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:01:12 am by Slaver Snipe »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 08:57:06 am »

No.. i don't like this suggestion.

Mercs got already more skills when they got lvl up.. so why to give them perks to choose?
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:12:09 am »

Because of the heavy caps investment and time put into leveling up a mercenary, i have yet to see mercs make more head/eyeshots as they level up and gain more skill in it so that skill gain is almost useless minus the chance to hit at a far range. And AI stupidity can often kill mercs and a perk like toughness or an ability to kill a certain unit faster may stop that from happening as often, if you were a merc leader you would realize the time investment in leveling mercs can be high as hell and losing a 15-20k investment (a little bit later in the game since this wipe was so recent it isnt as bad) or more for BG/Energy mercs is terrible.

I'm not saying give them perks that will make them rape everything only perks that may help them out a little (toughness +melee dmg) unless of course if they reached level 21 they would be allowed to get a new skin that can use the same weapons but they get an armor upgrade (especially smallgunner ones...basic leather armor is pathetic) or until we get a combat control sheet they need some type of edge to make them worth leveling up. I don't want them to get the great perks like lifegiver, more criticals, better criticals but they deserve something when you spend a week or more trying to level up 1-2 of them and having them die or losing them in a pve battle due to them being knocked down when you leave the map or you yourself being killed.
 Now that i think of it Stonewall would be a great perk for them considering ive lost quite a few that got knocked down (not knocked out) and they were trying to get back up when i had to leave to the world map.
(I'm kinda drunk again  :o so this post may make NO sense..if that happens ill edit it when i wake up. I like gunduz's idea and i think ill spend some time thinking about perks that are not too strong but are merc specific ones.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:23:05 am by Slaver Snipe »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.