"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:41:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FOnline made me hate world PvP  (Read 3733 times)

FOnline made me hate world PvP
« on: September 09, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

So first of all I played on PvP realm in World of Warcraft to have possibility to fight other players in unusual places. But in WoW you cant block other player like in FOnline with blocking acces to mines or traders or blocking towns. And I was in shock when I saw that people on WoW forum want ability to block such things just like this what we have in FOnline. I was disgusted and moved away from PvP realm to never come back.

PvPers who play FOnline, those who call those who didynt used FOCD noobs are even more disgusting then WoW arena ( WoW rated PvP) pvpers. And I tought there is nothing more disgusting then WoW arena freaks. And they call that what is in FOnline is real "spirit of PvP" - so if it is PvP then It make me sick. I dont wanna hear about PvP never more - ill prefer to stick with normal WoW realm and 'pvp' in battlegrounds.
Re: FOnline made me hate world PvP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:49 am »

go ahead and play your game where you can stand in front of each other and press 1-2-3, 1-2-3, and call it "fair pvp"

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:15:49 am »

bye.  Fonline has taken yet another victim  ;).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Snackish

• God damn cows.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:22:47 am »

The wasteland is a harsh place but i love it. You see i've been killed by the guy that posted just above me 6 times but i'm loving it. It's how it would be if the world went that way people running around killing other people for scraps of food, survival of the fittest.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:27:50 am by Snackish »
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 05:23:00 am »

go ahead and play your game where you can stand in front of each other and press 1-2-3, 1-2-3, and call it "fair pvp"

Zato1, poor poor man.  You seriously think that just because hitting hot keys near an opponent is unfair.  Where here you have people with long range weapons armor, and friends attacking innocent (and sometimes but too rarely) not innocent low lvl blue suits.  And you think that's [Fair]  LMAO wow.  As I have posted before, true pvp in it's SPIRIT only works when the field of battle is close to lvl, the rest is just another form of Farming.  And if you like farming so much, you should try Runescape.  Farm all you want and no one cares.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 06:20:15 am »

obviously you cant handle the sandbox element of it and should just go back to themepark games. if you truly don't understand "do unto others" and how it applies in pvp you'll never be happy in any sandbox game. people like you have complained since uo that pk's and such are not strictly punished enough. if it were up to you, our computers would turn off everytime we tried to pvp.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:58 am »

Has nothing to do with punishing the pvps, it's the punishing of the people who don't pvp, being forced into a pvp situation where they are most likely outmatched and then have the people who killed them say it was fair and it's the spirit.  Meanwhile with no balancing it's just a slaughter of people and only fun in one side.  This being a sandbox game has nothing at all to do with the aspects of pvp it's just why it's not finished or polished.  It's ok though, at least those of us trying to report on it, are willing to see both sides of it.

And however creative your statement about computers crashing in pvp might have been it's obvious you can't see the point.  I'm not saying take pvp out, I actually enjoy pvp when it's true spirit is looked at.  It can be fun and challenging.  But right now there is NO balance, no Honor among people it's just people hunting the weaker people and then calling it pvp.  That's PVF [player vs farming] I would have honestly thought if you truly liked to pvp you would have long ago begged for a true challenge in the system.  But it really seems you just like killing and if it happens to be a player yay you get their toys.  Pretty sure that's just called Mindless killing.  Because it happens to have other humans involved does not denote pvp.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:12:47 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:10:38 am »

like Cabal ? (duel starts , enter combo , fast 12345678 , win , go to next enemy , repeat)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 07:11:54 am »

If you can't stand then leave it and be weak forever!
If you want continue then train hard and show you power for everyone.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:14:54 am by runboy93 »

Marko69

• SLASH!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:34 am »

So first of all I played on PvP realm in World of Warcraft to have possibility to fight other players in unusual places. But in WoW you cant block other player like in FOnline with blocking acces to mines or traders or blocking towns. And I was in shock when I saw that people on WoW forum want ability to block such things just like this what we have in FOnline. I was disgusted and moved away from PvP realm to never come back.

PvPers who play FOnline, those who call those who didynt used FOCD noobs are even more disgusting then WoW arena ( WoW rated PvP) pvpers. And I tought there is nothing more disgusting then WoW arena freaks. And they call that what is in FOnline is real "spirit of PvP" - so if it is PvP then It make me sick. I dont wanna hear about PvP never more - ill prefer to stick with normal WoW realm and 'pvp' in battlegrounds.

Hmm, I believe that group of 5 people can play this game normally.

Let's go back when I played alone for the first time when I was noob. So I looked up the crafting system and thought that small guns would be good idea because lots of ammo and cheap guns + easy to make. I crafted small guns shot mobs and skilled requirement so I can take professions. Lucky back then there were people who had barter accounts and would sell things for you and give you fair return of money, or some would just give you money for profession so you can craft better stuff which they could sell and share money. When I got lvl2 small guns I went to Den and did Raiders quest, joined the raider faction and made my very first FN-Fal, it was good against deathclaws but I figured out that with magnum on molerats I could exp a lot faster and I did so. When I reached lvl15 I took bonus rate of fire and it didn't work. I was pissed off for wasting a perk so I deleted my character. :) After that I made energy crafter, joined faction, made throwing crafter and energy sniper. And so on...

That was 11 months ago and I'm still playing the game, at which part of it you quit?
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 10:06:20 am »

If I were you I would refrain from giving advise about a game you so clearly have no idea about. WoW has more than 10 million subscriptions of which about 7 million are active. If you want success, balance and diversity of gameplay/gamestyle you should look to Blizard and their game about what gamers of all types want.

As for the PvP in WoW I guess if you played it ever you were one of the whiners that simply could not "get it" and hence whined, qqed and in the end quit "for a game with real pvp".

No I dont believe Fonline has a decent PvP system but its not the designers fault, its the actual game and the limitations it has. There is an inherent unbalance in the various "combat styles" due to range etch. Also the essence of the PvP here is "You appear next to another guy in a random encounter, whoever is more prepared to shoot at a random person wins" off course gear levels and stats matter too (a blue suit wearing combat armor and having a gun but with his 30 hp and 45% small guns will still lose to a less equipped level 15 guy).

But in the end i dont consider a sand box game a game where I should expect to be killed 100 times while going from one town to another. I expect that it will be a diverse world where I can enjoy more than one thing. PvP, PvE, questing, crafting etch.

In the bottom line Fallout was an amazing RPG... not an amazing combat simulator. You could avoid almost any combat with high enough charisma and intelligence or luck and speech. You could replay the game many times and every time have a diffrent experience.

What most players argue is that it is for this Fallout feel that they come to Fonline... if they want endless PvP and to pit their wits against fast reflexes and skilled 1337 sp3@k3rz they would go play a first person shooter with amazing up-to-date graphics.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Marko69

• SLASH!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

Let me tell you about PvP on 2238. Me and my 50 zerg crazy russians login and suicide bomb you all. GG what you gonna do then motherfucker? Just tell me what you gonna do?

Best counter in PvP is to be a bluesuit with no items, there is no counter on that.

Those who never tried town control shouldn't talk about PvP, because there's the only PvP I saw in this game.
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:13 am »

Let me tell you about PvP on 2238. Me and my 50 zerg crazy russians login and suicide bomb you all. GG what you gonna do then motherfucker? Just tell me what you gonna do?
Patchetic  >:(

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:52:05 am »

Always beein on the look and always beein aware you can be killed by anyone is a main aspect why i love this MMO-Mod.

Even if im beein killed by someone and he takes my stuff: GG well played.
The fact that you can be completly robbed makes it even more a good feelin if you can defend urself successfully against a Player-Robber.
Large transport of caps or expensive goods as a real caravan with 1 leader and some guards (all players) is something i really enjoy, because i dreamed of it when i was younger and played F2 and talked about with a friend. Sure you can be all killed and robbed but you can also enjoy the danger and a successfull caravan run is a great feelin especially if you defended it against other players.

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:42 am »

you are all pathetic, cry more for your new crafted leather jacket and 10mm pistol

concept of hq mines allow pks raid mine, you still have south where you can mine normal iron ore and minerals, if you want something better then you must risk, besides stay in your wow, fonline is not place for crying childrens, we are thankful to devs they made realistic world
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.