"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:34:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Critter self preservation  (Read 1057 times)

Critter self preservation
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:44:53 am »

Im not sure if this has yet been adressed, but some critters seem absolutly obsessed with killing players, even to the point of putting themselves in danger. For example an unarmed bluesuit with no equipment encounters mauraders and an NCR army patrol. A few of the mauraders will inevitably and inexplicably decide to run over to the bluesuit, right through the army patrol that is trying to kill them, rather than fight for their lives as would be expected. Not only does it make escape more difficult, it makes very little sense. Maybe all critters just really hate vault jumpsuits? anyways i think it would make more sense for some enemies you encounter to attack the closest enemy or the most powerfull, as opposed to mindlessly chasing an unarmed noob with no concern for its own well being. Thoughts?
You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that i was gonna score with someday maybe!
Re: Critter self preservation
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:24 am »

I asked about this a couple of days ago... I guess the "Aggro-list" in Fonline is kind of screwy,,, it prioritises PC's over other NPC's even regardless of damage dealt (Sorry big WoW fan... aggro is one of the most important mechanics there) and all that.

I believe a Dev/Mod/GM said that although it sounds silly it is how it is intended to work...

I personally dont think that it SHOULD work that way but its their game and their effort so they call the shots.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:04:22 pm »

Sometimes they shoot when you get closer. I didnt notice what you did, ok maybe sometimes you get the advantage and gank but thats what F2 was a now Fonline is.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »

When you start encounter with molerats (example) --> Another player appears and looks like got more levels than you (High hp)
Molerats start to attack him --> You think to help him and start shooting molerat --> molerat start attack you.

Another player is down (-5 hp example) --> Other molerats that almost killed another player see that you are still healthly and start attack you and stopped killing another player.

Maybe that last one suggestion can help to get no more killed easily in encounter (well it depends what winner choose to make another player..)

I like to see comments about this  :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:15:36 pm by runboy93 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.