"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 01:20:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [roleplaying] Church of Atom sermons  (Read 1024 times)

[roleplaying] Church of Atom sermons
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

Heya folks.

I'm pretty new to the game but I found a nice niche for myself in roleplaying. So if you ever see Sister Mary in NCR and I'm too quiet (a rare occurrance), gimme a nudge and I'll tell you about the good word. Most often, I'll get to it on my own accord. :D

Sermons usually take place 8-12pm GMT+1. Not the whole 4 hours obviously, but I hope I'll find time to squeeze one or two in every day.

Be there or you'll be sorry when the reckoning comes again. ;)
"“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
Re: [roleplaying] Church of Atom sermons
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »

Atom ?
Who's that guy ?  ;D

Nice, man, glad to see some role players here
Do you plan to spread the good word in Northern towns ?
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:29:06 pm »

Hehe, I've already seen you ingame and already assumed your nickname has something to do with a sect/a cult/a church. ;)

Why not describe your little project a bit more detailed? If it goes out well, I'm considering in taking place maybe. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:10 pm »

Yeah...there really isn't much backgrond to it...yet.

I stole the idea of Church of Atom from F3 (is it allowed to speak of the blasphemy here? :D ) and when I've seen the robes implemented, I knew what I had to do. I loved it from the moment I've seen it because I'm drawn to fictional religions I feel aren't really about beliving in something greater but more about...having a good time explaining how it could exist and how cool the concept of this and that is. :D

Here's where most of it comes from, I've made some stuff up because it was convenient or souded better. What caught my eye was this:

Beliefs

The Church of the Children of Atom believes that each atomic mass contains an entire universe, and that when an atomic mass is split many universes are created. Therefore, instead of seeing the Great War as destructive, the Church believes it was a creative and unifying holy event.

As for spreading belief in other towns...the north is quite hostile from what I've seen so far. When my mates start playing more regularly, we may bring the good word there too but I'm not going alone because it ain't as much fun without the robe and 200 caps is too much to donate to some arsy PK.  :P

In any case, I suppose you couldn't squeeze another faction name in? :D

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:00:37 am by n00buaddib »
"“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:42:54 am »

just letting you know, if you gather junk once every 20 mins, that is 400 caps, which you can use to buy yourself TWO sets of robes, every 20 minutes..

what is their philosophy again? i cant remember... they believe the bomb in megaton will go off and kill everyone, bringing "ultimate salvation" or something? all i remember is that the bomb is an important figurehead.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:15 am »

They worship the "Great War" and it's destruction, they worship atom bombs as they put everything to little atoms. :D
And in every atom is an own little universe etc. That was one of the parts in FO3 I didnt find THAT silly.

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:13:53 am »

For the record, we used to have some kind of cults in FOnline, like the Rat God or the Master/Unity... Don't know what happened to them. I know Morpheus from the Master's cult is still alive though.
And some of my fellow countrymen still believe in the (absurd) cult of Abitbol, but it's an other story...

Maybe someday we will meet some Hubologists in the Wasteland, who knows ?
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:16:58 am »

Thing is, that there are for sure people who would like to "spread the word" in northern towns too. ;)
I'd do that. I'd also pay some money, for being allowed to "preach" there or so. Problem is only, that some guys don't even mind to take that small fee, they just shoot you. ;) I don't want to sit in NCR all day long, I'd find it better if it would be in some northern towns too.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:58 am »

From what I've seen now, NCR's the town that gets most visits from players. Probably because it's pretty safe, especially now that Rangers (and army?) are camping there in vast numbers. Did they kill the slavers btw? :D

But yeah...for now, Church's activities will probably mostly be around NCR. When we expand (and I get some things irl straight and have more time to play), we may well go north, altough I have an affinity for Junktown, Hub and Necropolis.

We'll see. :)

Also, gimme a nudge if you see me preaching and I'll throw you a small energy cell or two if you show some piety and devotion to the one proper force in the multiverse. :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.