"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 07, 2024, 09:31:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Project Idea] Scavengers of the wastes  (Read 1164 times)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
[Project Idea] Scavengers of the wastes
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:03:31 pm »

This is an idea I i was thinkin about to do with my faction and i feel like sharing it with you out there.

What?

Ill start a seperated Faction with some special rules

Why ?
Starting after wipe is really funny, working hard with the other members to build up something and horde items.
But after a while we got everything and too much of it too. When i loose something i can get one from the dude that crafted 10 of it last night or craft it myself.
Lockers are bursting full with stuff. Any weapon means nothing, i dont rage about dying anymore.

What kind of rules?

• 1. Scavengers, not Raiders! Our only way to aquire Items will be throug collecting, hunting or stealing, but not taking by force (killing) from other Players. Shooting PKs is ok for selfdefence. (This rule is for my faction, what you guys do is not my concern)
  • 2. No professions! Crafting is allowed but no professions, as they make it too easy to get gear. A repairman sure is usefull tough.
  • 3. Trading only ingame! NPC or Player-Trading is allowed, but no planned mass-trades via forums.
  • 4. Hard Mode! Only 1 Char per Player is allowed in this Faction. (to be discussed)
  • 5. No slaving. No mercs. Because it's far too easy to get a little army.

Why the fock would you constrain yourself?
Because it takes the difficulty to a level I miss from the ole days as a newbie loner ~2 years ago. Having a Hunting Rilfe an 20 rounds for it felt like an orgasm. Now you dont give a shit if your Metal Armor and Minigun goes to hell.
This Project can only succeed if youre takin it serious. But its still only for the funz!
I want a group of players who wanna roam the wastes and take anything that seems valuable and not just leave that LaserRifle because its too heavy.
I imagine organized Thiefs in the Citys stealing rare ammo from those guys with the shiny armors
I imagine holding a fockin 10mm Pistol and feeling like god.
I imagine PK Hunts with Hunting Rifles to get high-level equipment and care about it like a treasure. (again only my faction as we are no PKs)

Now gimme some feedback. Any ideas ? Whats complete BS in your opinion? Whole idea is crap ? lemme know.
Reminder : Im not hiring strangers for my project, just want to spread the idea to anyone who feels similar like me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:30:25 pm by Andr3aZ »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: [Project Idea] Scavengers of the wastes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:11:21 pm »

sounds great, but that 1 character per guy can ruin you dreams.. Because game is made for alts. I like play with just 1 character, but how many others? I think there is not much of them.. Anyway good luck :D

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »

1 Char per player is ment to fuse the whole members of this project together in planning and teamwork, but yeah it can be pretty difficult.

Main objective is to make the game to an all-time hardmode. Not that i find this game easy, its just that large factions have an overflow of stuff and the only objective for them is keeping that overflow or TC/PvP

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:26:41 pm »

This sounds fun, good luck with it :)

Might even join in if I get time to make my char.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 02:28:25 pm »

If the name of the faction isnt too lulzy and the players in really stick to the rules, then hell yeah, I am in.

Scrap that then. :P

Reminder : Im not hiring anyone outside of my faction for my project, just want to spread the idea to anyone who feels similar like me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:30:09 pm by Surf Solar »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:57 am »

Are you going to start all this after the next wipe? I would like to participate in such a thing, but you won't accept me because I'm a stranger, right?

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:31 am »

Depends my friend. Lets get to know each other and we wont be strangers anymore.

and for the start: i dont think i will do this after the next wipe because wipe time is always "help your faction to get on their legs quick"-time.
I dont know when the next wipe will be but if everything goes right i will start this projekt in the beginning of november.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:48:38 am by Andr3aZ »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 08:15:35 am »

i think i will join you, i like to scav

question: no profesions alowded?that sux

now, by "scavenging" you mean farming or what?
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:39 pm »

Farming junk and lockers filled with 10mm Pistols, BB ammo and leather jackets i guess. Oh how jolly.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 08:06:09 pm »

Depends my friend. Lets get to know each other and we wont be strangers anymore.

and for the start: i dont think i will do this after the next wipe because wipe time is always "help your faction to get on their legs quick"-time.
I dont know when the next wipe will be but if everything goes right i will start this projekt in the beginning of november.

Ohh I see. I thought you were waiting till next wipe. Sorry but I won't join... Right now I'm working on a small guns crafter and creating a small group.
Anyway you seem to be a cool guy, what's your ingame name? Maybe we can get to know anyway to see if we can help each other some way.

Good luck with your project!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.