"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:55:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Critique my HTH build  (Read 17940 times)

Re: Critique my HTH build
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2010, 02:09:03 am »

HTH build is only for pve
pvp - u wont even have the chance to get close

and there are only 2 kinds HTH build
they are cri. type or dam. type
cri. type is always better bcoz this build sure have 10LK n only use ur fist, so u have nth to lose
dam. type have to equip with mega power fist to give more dam., also wear a armor to lower the chance than gettin' kill

A HTH build is a fist master, not a doctor
u dun need sth like 100doc skill, please remember that

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2010, 02:10:53 am »

Doctor skill will help an unarmed build same way it would help any other build; heal weakness, heal crippled limbs. I have Doc tagged on my unarmed build, it's really helpful, not useless.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2010, 02:19:24 am »

HTH build is only for pve
pvp - u wont even have the chance to get close

and there are only 2 kinds HTH build
they are cri. type or dam. type
cri. type is always better bcoz this build sure have 10LK n only use ur fist, so u have nth to lose
dam. type have to equip with mega power fist to give more dam., also wear a armor to lower the chance than gettin' kill

A HTH build is a fist master, not a doctor
u dun need sth like 100doc skill, please remember that

blasphemy!

hth can kick every player in their asses, the only diference is hth cant finish off their oponnents becouse they will always run away

doc is very usefull to get urself back to the fight in very few seconds

but again could anyone tell me:
one last question.. why is better criticals so importante?

whats the diference between critical hit chances and critical hit table?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:23:21 am by Cocain »
Aku Soku Zan

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2010, 02:31:14 am »

Critical hit table determines how well your Critical hit will be, not how often you get Critical hits.

For example, with 6 Luck and no Better Criticals, I have never insta-killed another player on my unarmed guy. But add Better Critical in, it becomes possible. It, overall, increases the chance to cripple limbs, knock down/out, and greater damage multipliers.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2010, 02:56:27 am »

Critical hit table determines how well your Critical hit will be, not how often you get Critical hits.

For example, with 6 Luck and no Better Criticals, I have never insta-killed another player on my unarmed guy. But add Better Critical in, it becomes possible. It, overall, increases the chance to cripple limbs, knock down/out, and greater damage multipliers.

ok better criticals boost your critical damage

so how does cripple system works?
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2010, 03:19:11 am »

ok better criticals boost your critical damage

so how does cripple system works?

you get a crit on a body part then there's a roll on the crit table, high crits = cripple, low crits = more damage. You get a crit bonus based on luck so the easiest thing is blinding and the hardest is crippling arms. That's the real benefit of haymaker/more crits/finesse, crit bonus that applies to body parts. Better crits makes you much more likely to cripple.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2010, 03:39:23 am »

you get a crit on a body part then there's a roll on the crit table, high crits = cripple, low crits = more damage. You get a crit bonus based on luck so the easiest thing is blinding and the hardest is crippling arms. That's the real benefit of haymaker/more crits/finesse, crit bonus that applies to body parts. Better crits makes you much more likely to cripple.

i can buff arm crit chance up to 80%, that means i get 80% chance of hiting a crit on the arms, how does the roll between highcrits(cripple) lowcrits(more damage) work?

how much does better criticals improve my rolls? 20%?
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2010, 04:28:51 am »

Doctor skill will help an unarmed build same way it would help any other build; heal weakness, heal crippled limbs. I have Doc tagged on my unarmed build, it's really helpful, not useless.

I agree with u, but wht i mean is u dun need high doc skill
Especially with a high LK build char., if u hav 10LK, only 70-90doc(even lower) can do the same job

And one more thing to remind everyone who is goin' to start a cri. build char.(not only HTH)
its a lot better to take "better cri." perk once u reach lvl9, bcoz it helps lvl up easier
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2010, 07:51:28 am »

i can buff arm crit chance up to 80%, that means i get 80% chance of hiting a crit on the arms, how does the roll between highcrits(cripple) lowcrits(more damage) work?

how much does better criticals improve my rolls? 20%?

Well if you look at the critical fail tables there's 6 possible outcomes dependent on your luck. so low luck you get something like the bottom four, high luck the top 4. Crippled would be the top tier, so if you have 10 luck and better crit it stands to reason that you'll hit the max bracket more often on the crit table. As for getting the crit in the first place, you have

60% Eyes
40% Head
30% Groin
30% Arms
20% Legs
(with 10 luck) plus more crits, finesse etc. with max possible crit(more if you are unarmed) being that plus 25% plus the 10% for luck(I think its not included in the bonus %)

so for arms you have basically 55-65% chance to crit, then maybe 1/3 chance to cripple (roughly)

for haymaker just tack on 15% to those calculations
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:11:11 am by theyseemetrollin »
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2010, 09:49:29 am »

Well if you look at the critical fail tables there's 6 possible outcomes dependent on your luck. so low luck you get something like the bottom four, high luck the top 4. Crippled would be the top tier, so if you have 10 luck and better crit it stands to reason that you'll hit the max bracket more often on the crit table. As for getting the crit in the first place, you have
Your LK does nothing with critical rolls, crippling and blinding, it only affects score critical hit or not, it doesn't affect critical roll or any other rolls in critical effect on your target.
Victim's LK gives protection against blinding, instakill and bypass, and EN against criplling and knocking down and out. Don't know what affect weapon drop, probably EN or nothing, but anyway there must be a roll, because it's not 100% drop even if attack to arm was critical.
Better criticals will allow to you atleast weapon drop chance if you critically hit target into arm, and more chance to score crippling critical, but anyway it won't affect victim's EN roll against it, so % to avoid crippling will be the same.
Better criticals is one of the best perks ever, so there must be no doubt taking it. Also with more than 100 critical roll into arm it shouldn't have a roll at all, and 100% cripple hand + 100% or roll on bypass and it's possible only with better criticals perk. Anyway bypasses into arms are common, so finesse for arms isn't that bad, because not only bypasses, but also damage into arms so low, so it's almost no difference between finesse and non-finesse, victim will laught at your damage anyway, so better criticals perk is good for crippler, well.. it's good for anyone who's going to do critical hits and criticals without this perk are... not good criticals, so it's must-have 9th level perk.
It gives 20 to critical roll, so you'll have 20-120 instead of 0-100, so you'll have only 1% (20) for lowest critical effect possible and 20% that you'll surely cripple hand and probably bypass. As I noticed every 2nd critical shot into hand is bypass, so it's like from 70 or 80 roll to bypass, means that without better critical you'll bypass only once out of 3 or 4 critical hits and with perk 1/2 of hits will bypass, of couse it's also dependant on target's LK.
Weapon drop has a roll and may be it's chance increases with higher critical roll, but anyway with better criticals perk you'll always start from 2nd critical effect atleast, so atleast weapon drop will be almost always if you scored critical.
60% Eyes
40% Head
30% Groin
30% Arms
20% Legs
(with 10 luck) plus more crits, finesse etc. with max possible crit(more if you are unarmed) being that plus 25% plus the 10% for luck(I think its not included in the bonus %)

so for arms you have basically 55-65% chance to crit, then maybe 1/3 chance to cripple (roughly)

for haymaker just tack on 15% to those calculations
Yes, it's not included, so with 10 LK you'll have 30+10-40 chance to score critical to arm. With Haymaker it's 55% and with x3 more criticals it's 70%, and with finesse it'll be 80%.
80% isn't that bad, because it's the same as sniper 10LK+x2 More critical shooting in the eyes.
The only problem that you'll be dead in 95% cases, because you aren't shooting but.. punching. It's good if you have a backup, and you're wearing bluesuit, so noone would care about you and while they are shooting your friends you'll cripple thier arms, but anyway it'll be easier to make SG/EW pistol build for crippling, and forget punching.
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2010, 12:48:29 pm »

You should check Fallout 2 critical tables:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_hit_tables
FOnline has almost the same tables, the difference is in Player tables(bottom of the side). These have been totally changed, so you can't rely much on what is written on this site for PvP. But that will give you the view on critical tables, how they work. Also you may check them for PvE, it's useful if you want to know where to aim for quick death ;)

20-120 instead of 0-100, so you'll have only 1% (20)
Wrong, it will be 21-120 instead of 1-100, so there will be 0% chance for the lowest effect :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:51:40 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

Wrong, it will be 21-120 instead of 1-100, so there will be 0% chance for the lowest effect :D
Why? It adds 20 to roll.
0+20=20, not 21.
100+20=120.
So it's from 20 to 120.
It doesn't add 21 to min and 20 max dice.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2010, 04:58:35 pm »

Why? It adds 20 to roll.
0+20=20, not 21.
100+20=120.
So it's from 20 to 120.

The critical hits are chosen by rolling a random number in the range [1, 100], adding 20 if the player has the Better Criticals perk (technically, the crit table modifier stat, which Better Criticals adds 20 to, so other critters can have modifiers)

Base roll is 1-100, so, yes 21.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2010, 05:00:44 pm »

Base roll is 1-100, so, yes 21.
Damn it, FOnline killing original fallout! It's 0-100 in Fallout 1 and 2. AAAA.
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:33 pm »

Why? It adds 20 to roll.
0+20=20, not 21.
100+20=120.
So it's from 20 to 120.

instead of 1-100

And...
Damn it, FOnline killing original fallout! It's 0-100 in Fallout 1 and 2. AAAA.
Who told you that? It was 1-100 from what i know...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.