"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 01:00:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Q's about my SG crafter build.  (Read 1634 times)

Q's about my SG crafter build.
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:05:44 am »

My char right now is a SG crafter. I mainly use the sniper rifle. I like shooting from afar and my cow always charged into battle so it's good to be able to kill the enemy before the cow reaches them.

My problem is some of the perks I need to choose.

I didn't pick finesse, I don't like the lack of dmg, and my luck is 6 so should I still pick some of the crit perks?

I was thinking of just picking Bonus Rate of Damage instead and pack rat.

Has anyone use an aimed SG without picking crits for perks and do they do alright against PVE?

Thanks.
Re: Q's about my SG crafter build.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:00:11 am »

With only 6 luck you aren't going to crit much. Finesse is only for cripplers btw, so don't take it.
Also BRD is more for unaimed shots (bursts and such) so don't take it if you want to snipe.
With 6 lk taking 3x more crits + 1 better crits wouldn't be a bad idea. anyway you can use formula to calculate what your crit chances are and to decide if you can live with it.

Formula:

(60% + 4*Luck)/100*Aim bonus+Critical chance

Aim Bonus is:
60% Eyes
40% Head
30% Groin
30% Arms
20% Legs
0% Torso
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:36 pm »

still... if you got 6 luck and get all 3 more criticals perks.... then you still have about 71,4% chance to crit when you aim to the eyes.... and 54,6% chance when you aim to the head..... it isnt as much as you would have with 10 luck but its still enough for a crafting build

i personally took better crits, 3x more crits, 1x bonus ranged dmg, bonus rate of fire and awareness for my perks

(gives me enough critical chance for aiming and even some for bursting with the extra dmg perk) so i can still aim decent and burst if they get too close

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 08:47:36 pm »

still... if you got 6 luck and get all 3 more criticals perks.... then you still have about 71,4% chance to crit when you aim to the eyes

take 10 luck then :p 85% without finesse 95% with finesse to the eyes :o
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:14:46 pm »

still... if you got 6 luck and get all 3 more criticals perks.... then you still have about 71,4% chance to crit when you aim to the eyes.... and 54,6% chance when you aim to the head..... it isnt as much as you would have with 10 luck but its still enough for a crafting build

It's been said multiple times, the added bonus is different in FOnline. There are never any decimals involved. (See GroeneAppel's last post)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.