Author Topic: FOnline SDK - Question  (Read 147960 times)

Re: FOnline SDK - Question
« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2013, 08:13:01 am »
Sound is made when engine calls reserved critter_action function (ACTION_USE_WEAPON). Just make scripts skip PlaySound() when specific weapon is used.

Can you show me how to script this in the weapon? I am new to this.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2013, 09:32:46 am »
Blocks sound for specific PID only

Blocks sound for many proto items, allows to set which weapons should be silent via ObjectEditor (creates "Weapon"->"Custom" tab, where it can be set).

If you still want attacker to hear some sound like in typical action movies (pling!), you need to tune server scripts a bit. I'm not doing combat stuff, so i won't even guess where, but call itself can be something like that.

All that is just a fast c/p fest, i didn't actually test if it works at all :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:36:19 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2013, 11:51:45 am »
Thank you Wipe. What about the second question
2) How can I make the weapon shoot out grenades without wasting the bullet, as if the grenade doesn't count as a shot fired, or the grenade launcher uses separate ammo from the gun?

I don't really know how to explain it without making it 2 weapons. I tried to add it as Attack 3 in the Object Editor but Single and Burst only shows up.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:40 pm »
This might end up being a ridiculously easy answer, but what is the proper way to wipe the server? Some changes I did don't seem to be putting into effect.

And also specifically when is wiping the server needed?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

JovankaB

« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »
This might end up being a ridiculously easy answer, but what is the proper way to wipe the server?

You just have to delete some files where server data is saved:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28429.msg245155.html#msg245155

And also specifically when is wiping the server needed?

Wiping server is basically like starting a game from the beginning. There might be different reasons, for example if you make big changes in game, for example in economy starting from "clean" situation when players don't have thousands of items from previous economy might make the most sense. Or in case if perk system is changed to not have character accounts from previous system. Or for example if we completely reworked base system, without wipe we would still have hundreds of bases from previous system.

It's actually almost never necessary even with big changes, it just might be desirable to not have new versions of game featuers polluted with outcomes of previous versions.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:28:43 pm by JovankaB »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »
Okay so from a technical standpoint the changes I make should take effect (not talking about specific characters already made) without wiping the server. Alright thanks.

Edit: Okay, the changes I made are taking effect this time, not sure what I did wrong the months ago that I tried this, but thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:36:51 am by Dishonest Abe »
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

JovankaB

« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:16 pm »
Yup. In most cases restarting server is enough. When it comes to items or NPCs on maps, regenerating the map is necessary.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2013, 05:10:24 am »
I have some questions about the single-player options on this. Using newest revision 406.

I read http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,8776.msg154560.html#msg154560 (and posts around it) though it doesn't seem to apply because when I clicked on the FOnlineSingleplayer.exe file, it acts as if it is a Shortcut and tried to direct me to "D:\Repozes\sdk\Client" which does not exist. At http://xp-dev.com/svn/fonline_sdk/Client/ it lists it as a .lnk file and it's only 1 KB large.

I remember it working when I tried this months ago, but I don't remember much about it.

Does the single-player mode have its own save system? If so, if you die, does it by default load the last save? If not, what does it do, and is this hard to change?

JovankaB

« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2013, 08:31:27 am »
It is indeed just a shortcut. You start client with "Singleplayer" parameter:

FOnline.exe Singleplayer

and then server app will be run in background for the client

I'm not sure how the mode exactly works, save-wise etc, never really tried it.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »
Okay, I changed the Target location of the shortcut to where I had my client, and it is loading now with a "New Game" "Load Game" settings, so it seems to work fine, thanks. (It doesn't like spaces in the folder name, and I was assuming that the singleplayer client was supposed to be separate from the regular one)

« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:04 am »
How would I suppose changing the background to a silent video playing or a 3d render of something like a deathclaw?

« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:58 am »
This is most likely a stupid question, and the answer is likely staring me in the face.  It has to do with dialog/editor.

Say I have a dialog, and each answer directs back to the same dialog.  The first time everything is in order, but each subsequent time the answers are out of order.

Example:

(First time)

[]-[2] Would you like punched in the face? (Choose how many times you want punched in the face)
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face one time.
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face three times.
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face five times.
    []-[->Exit] That sounds like a bad deal, no punches plox.

Say I choose to be punched in the face one time... I click that answer, and it looks like this on the second option.

[]-[2] Would you like punched in the face? (Choose how many times you want punched in the face)
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face five times.
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face one time.
    []-[->Exit] That sounds like a bad deal, no punches plox.
    []-[->2] Punch me in the face three times.

Why is it doing that, and how am I able to "fix" it so that each time an answer is selected it reloads the answers in the correct order?
Iguana Pete's sister

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15:47 am »
If you want to do it globally, then go to config.fos and look for:
Code: [Select]
__NoAnswerShuffle = false;Set it to true and you are done. :)

But you can also set it in Dialog editor, where for each dialog (NPC answer) there is "No shuffle answers" option there, so just check it for each one you don't want to have shuffled answers. ;)

« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:43 am »
If you want to do it globally, then go to config.fos and look for:
Code: [Select]
__NoAnswerShuffle = false;Set it to true and you are done. :)

But you can also set it in Dialog editor, where for each dialog (NPC answer) there is "No shuffle answers" option there, so just check it for each one you don't want to have shuffled answers. ;)

See, I knew it was something simple. 

That's been driving me crazy all night, thank you.

;D
Iguana Pete's sister

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »
See, I knew it was something simple. 

That's been driving me crazy all night, thank you.

;D
I advice to see (and understand) all variables that can be configured in config.fos, so you don't any more sleepless night. ;)