Author Topic: FOnline SDK - Question  (Read 147980 times)

Re: FOnline SDK - Question
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »
Thank you.
Another question, is it possible to make a separate world on FOnline? Like you have to go to a caravan or something to get to Southern California and back to Northern California?

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:04 pm »
Thank you.
Another question, is it possible to make a separate world on FOnline? Like you have to go to a caravan or something to get to Southern California and back to Northern California?
You mean changing the WMs ingame?

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2013, 11:04:56 pm »
You mean changing the WMs ingame?

no he meant like the server running multiple instances all connect to the same DB. So like when you move from an instance to another you take all your shit(items) with you. at least that's what i thought he wanted to say... prolly something similar to dayz.. i'm sure it could be possible but hard to do

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2013, 12:14:22 am »
I think it is about having more than one worldmap and the player would be able to travel between them.

I'll guess it should be possible, but only with a lot script work.

« Reply #394 on: May 19, 2013, 10:41:33 am »
I'll keep that in mind.
Now, another question. How do I change the requirements like the number of players required to raid a town?
Additionally, how to I give myself a base without having to go through the dialogs?

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »
I think it is about having more than one worldmap and the player would be able to travel between them.

I'll guess it should be possible, but only with a lot script work.

Nah a friend of mine did it, it wasn't that hard.  His username is Jenova here on the forum.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2013, 10:06:22 pm »
How did he dealed with the encounter setup and stuff?

« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:48 am »
How did he dealed with the encounter setup and stuff?
As i remember create real(not just one wm splitted to two)two different WM's is impossible.

Offline Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2013, 11:37:07 am »
As i remember create real(not just one wm splitted to two)two different WM's is impossible.
I believe it is possible, if one codes a WM iface from scratch.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2013, 01:57:39 pm »
Is it possible to script moving hex blockers which surround a player in a formation depending on his faced direction?

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
Is it possible to script moving hex blockers which surround a player in a formation depending on his faced direction?
I guess you would need some time event (e.g. every 1s), which checks the location of your player and recreates blockers according to your needs.

« Reply #401 on: May 24, 2013, 04:39:43 am »
Whatever happened to FOnline: 2238? Did they also release an SDK or is that just for TLA?

JovankaB

« Reply #402 on: May 24, 2013, 06:15:11 am »
Whatever happened to FOnline: 2238? Did they also release an SDK or is that just for TLA?

We did not release an SDK.
Development/SDK is a board for any technical discussion related to developing games with FOnline engine.
You can also share your work here if you want. It was created, because there was no other place like this
exclusively for English-speaking people. FOnline.ru is primarily filled with Russians writing in Cyrillic.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:22:43 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #403 on: May 25, 2013, 09:27:14 am »
I have 2 questions:
1) How would I make a script for a weapon with a silencer? Like other people around the enemy would not hear it as well.

2) How can I make the weapon shoot out grenades without wasting the bullet, as if the grenade doesn't count as a shot fired, or the grenade launcher uses separate ammo from the gun?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #404 on: May 25, 2013, 12:44:09 pm »
Sound is made when engine calls reserved critter_action function (ACTION_USE_WEAPON). Just make scripts skip PlaySound() when specific weapon is used.
Games are meant to be created, not played...