Author Topic: FOnline SDK - Question  (Read 147964 times)

Offline Gob

• The Good
Re: FOnline SDK - Question
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2012, 08:07:33 am »
Just add them to DataFiles.cfg, see 2238 config (note that it's stored in separated file to not overwrite user settings when new file is added to list).

and I will see whatever the 2 .dat files contain in the mapper right?

I will try it when I get home today :).

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:04 pm »
I've seen alot of time ago on the former fonline.ru a clean version of the sdk. Is it still available to download somewhere?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »
I've seen alot of time ago on the former fonline.ru a clean version of the sdk. Is it still available to download somewhere?

One is here... outdated as hell, but shouldn't be (too) hard to merge it with current revision.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2012, 01:36:59 pm »
One is here... outdated as hell, but shouldn't be (too) hard to merge it with current revision.

How do you merge it with current 382 revision?

JovankaB

« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2012, 03:20:17 pm »
Replace server/client exes with the newest versions and see what errors/problems pop up.

« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »
Actually better do it by yourself in this case you will discover much about sdk/functions/etc. :P

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2012, 07:20:38 pm »
How do you merge it with current 382 revision?

thats the point of a clean sdk... you get ridd of all the TLA content and you can make your server how you want .

« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »
It would be nice if someone finally made ​​a tutorial on how to use the "clean sdk". I'd love to clean cvet sdk from unusable quests, arts, maps, functions, scripts. After all, FOnline should work on old computers well, and the new one - with the best performance and liquidity. Now it isn't soo good. It is a pity that there aren't specific tutorials. People like me can't do anything else without having to learn the language and the engine - which is quite difficult when you don't have time and don't know the engine.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2012, 09:44:08 pm »
It would be nice if someone finally made ​​a tutorial on how to use the "clean sdk". I'd love to clean cvet sdk from unusable quests, arts, maps, functions, scripts. After all, FOnline should work on old computers well, and the new one - with the best performance and liquidity. Now it isn't soo good. It is a pity that there aren't specific tutorials. People like me can't do anything else without having to learn the language and the engine - which is quite difficult when you don't have time and don't know the engine.

well fonline is using AngelScript to make server scripts and stuff, you should learn that.

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »
How can I reveal the global map when I get admin access?

« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2012, 05:39:22 am »
Only being a month dead hopefully I'm not going to be considered a necromancer.

I have some questions about the SDK.

I Already have my server up and running and I also have the list of commands, but I need some help because of the lack of documentation.
If anyone could please help I'd be really grateful!

A. How do I change the 10 minute account switch. IE. I play one account, switch off to go get on my GM account I have to wait 10 minutes.

B. Is there anyone who has a default/vanilla pack for English? Most people consider it "done" but what about all the Russian speech? I can't really run it through a translator because in the files it shows up as garbage and not the Russian characters.

Those are what bother me the most right now, any help or tutorials really would be a big plus.

Thanks so much!

JovankaB

« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:22 am »
A. How do I change the 10 minute account switch. IE. I play one account, switch off to go get on my GM account I have to wait 10 minutes.

There is a command for this: ~dropuid
After you type it you will be able to relog immediately.
You need to ~getaccess on tester, moder or admin first to use this command.

If you want to completely remove relog timer, set __AccountPlayTime to 0 in config.fos module.

B. Is there anyone who has a default/vanilla pack for English? Most people consider it "done" but what about all the Russian speech? I can't really run it through a translator because in the files it shows up as garbage and not the Russian characters.

Set encoding of the file in your editor to Windows-1251, you will see Russian characters then.

You can set English as default language server but yea, most texts are missing anyway.
I would ask people doing Requiem or other servers which forked from SDK more recently.
I always hear someone translates it to English but never saw it really done.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:32:19 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:25 am »
Thank you very much!

That helped me a lot!

I got another one if you have time, speak of which.

The timers, for Bartering/Talking, etc. Where can those be adjusted? Probably Config.fos as well right? I probably just skimmed over it.

And I have created/got a couple maps, importing them is probably a pain, is there a link to where I could start trying to get those in game? Thanks a lot, sorry to bother you!

« Reply #314 on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:32 pm »
How change worldmap as FOnline 2238. I found map, cut it and how to use it in game.

config.fos
Code: [Select]
__GlobalMapWidth = 28; // Maximum 100
__GlobalMapHeight   = 30; // Maximum 100
__GlobalMapZoneLength   = 50; // Maximum 500

default.ini
Code: [Select]
GmapTilesPic          = WRLDMP%02d.FRM
GmapTilesX            = 4
GmapTilesY            = 5

And if I want use your map I must credit you tell me if I could.