Author Topic: FOnline SDK - Question  (Read 148003 times)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: FOnline SDK - Question
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2011, 12:41:34 am »
The file doesn't need to be a .frm. A .png file works aswell. Nekro, don't forget to define the resolution of your file in the .ini , I think 1709x710 might be a bit too big.

Offline Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2011, 12:46:41 am »
Ah, Didn't knew that. I learn every day.

Tell me Surf, is 'too big' a Problem that causes Server crash or just some Lags?
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2011, 11:29:59 am »
2100x3000 it is orginal fonline 2238 map (mask same) so my map is smaller.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:15 pm »
problem with splash screens:

I want to add my new splash screens to my SDK, and also turn off all original splash screens.
I delete all old ss from client/data/art/splash folder and added new instead.
The result is that both old and new are shownd ingame.

How to make it work ? Also is there an option to put some parrametrs of resolution for displaying splashscreens ?

Offline Berko

• Tim Tom Ted
    • http://kabefis.deviantart.com/
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2011, 02:33:28 pm »
Maybe splash from master.dat are still here
From SPLASH0.rix to SPLASH6.rix in art/splash
Don't know if you have other solution to override them with files that have the same name.

splashscreens look to be resize to fit the screen resolution, I think we can't displaying different splash for different resolution.
~~~ Ashes of Phoenix project --> http://fonline-aop.net/ ~~~

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2011, 04:03:46 am »
how do you teleport a player through dialog? ex. say yes to be moved to a specific map.
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Offline Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »
how do you teleport a player through dialog? ex. say yes to be moved to a specific map.
~runscript debug tele ID MAP 0
(I think...)
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
Hi!

Is there any tutorial about FOnline-based single player mods? I followed the instructions what I found on this forum, but I need some information about single player game-making. Anybody has any experiences?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »
Hi!

Is there any tutorial about FOnline-based single player mods? I followed the instructions what I found on this forum, but I need some information about single player game-making. Anybody has any experiences?

What in particular do you need to know? It's actually not that much different from creating a multiplayer game. As far as I know there is next to nothing on informations on creating Singleplayergames, as not many people are doing that.

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2011, 02:30:06 pm »
What in particular do you need to know? It's actually not that much different from creating a multiplayer game. As far as I know there is next to nothing on informations on creating Singleplayergames, as not many people are doing that.
I know it's a dumb question, but how about the server? The instructions begin with the settings of your new server. But I want to make an offline game.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »
You'll have to provide the server files with the client files. I am sure there was a tutorial about it somewhere, can't find it now, though. In any case, it should work if you simply copy&paste all server files into the client folder (maps, proto, etc. has to be in /data/) and then you'll run the FOnlineSingleplayer.exe to start it all.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2011, 02:57:04 pm »
The singleplayer exe works just fine if you don't copy all the files into the client and leave it as it is. ;)

« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:24 pm »
Thx guys, I started a new server, create an admin account, etc. and it works.
I tried to add a new map, but it said: Initialization fail! And it can't load my map. Why? I think the problem is with the locations.cfg because I don't know my map's size and I wrote there just 6. Where is the size?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:05 pm »
I hope you've added an Entire = 0 object, which defines the spawn point.

If you are new to FOnline, you should read the tutorials for the mapper in any case.

« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:24 am »
Thanks, I check it out.