"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:30:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like to have your own stats displayed?

Yes
No
Yes, but not in stats window

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Personal statistics for everyone!  (Read 1593 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Personal statistics for everyone!
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:55:28 pm »

Hello, i think that our achievements are recorded for every wastelander just displayed for the No. 1. It would be a neat idea if a server gave the info about your actual position (2, 100, 9999 etc) in your PipBoy so it would have 2 levels:

PipBoy>Statistics>

1) the name of the stat/achievement (most deaths on the server)
the name of the No. 1 char in the stat

2)your place among other players of the server
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:23:03 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Re: Personal statistics for everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »

Would this not put a hit list on players who reach the top of their category?

For example, richest wastelander, whoever won that title would definitely be killed. But going on your example on most deaths would it not exacerbate his death count? hmmm same could be said for the opposite.

Anyways i voted yes.
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex

kraskish

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:04:51 am »

Would this not put a hit list on players who reach the top of their category?

For example, richest wastelander, whoever won that title would definitely be killed. But going on your example on most deaths would it not exacerbate his death count? hmmm same could be said for the opposite.

Anyways i voted yes.

Im not posting about implementation of richest wastelander achievement. And even if, the No. 1 would be visible anyways, but your position is kept secret. The No. 1 in their category are always presented in PipBoy statistics but you never know for example how many places are you short from i.e. most deaths, expert excrement exterminator, etc. This way you could see for yourself what place do you hold

We know whos no. 1 but we dont see our position.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:07:26 am by kraskish »
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:06 am »

Even if we don't see their locations the data is available to anyone who looks it up. Whats stopping a jerk to find this rank 1 person and killing them for fun, even if they weren't trying to find this person and randomly encounters them. They would know who this guy is and kill them for whatever insane reason.

Unless of-course we followed the Afro Samurai way, which Rank 1 person is basically a god as no one can touch them except Rank 2. But then again this isn't Afro Samurai :/
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:32:46 am »

Even if we don't see their locations the data is available to anyone who looks it up. Whats stopping a jerk to find this rank 1 person and killing them for fun, even if they weren't trying to find this person and randomly encounters them. They would know who this guy is and kill them for whatever insane reason.

You can already see who is first in rank, so this suggestion isn't hurting anything related to that anyway.

I like this suggestion. **Only 145 more shits to shovel and I'll be NUMBER ONE!!!!**
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:07:36 am »

I kinda like the concept myself...

... and maybe part of the fun of this kind of wide Achievement and ranking list IS being on a hitlist.  And hunting said #1s around, for whatever it is they have would be also fun in of itself.  Not too sure though if 2238 needs more reasons to shoot others, though.  People seem to find plenty reason as it is.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:00:35 am »

xPoncex, you can already see number 1, seeing yourself wouldn't affect the gameplay absolutely any way!

Final answer: YES!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:05:19 am »

This sounds great suggestion :D
PS. if someone missed me, then you must wait until i reinstall windows, because it crashed bad few days ago. And now i write in school.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:23 am »

Looks like it'd be nice to see this in game.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

kraskish

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:32 pm »

I kinda like the concept myself...

... and maybe part of the fun of this kind of wide Achievement and ranking list IS being on a hitlist.  And hunting said #1s around, for whatever it is they have would be also fun in of itself.  Not too sure though if 2238 needs more reasons to shoot others, though.  People seem to find plenty reason as it is.

Unless of-course we followed the Afro Samurai way, which Rank 1 person is basically a god as no one can touch them except Rank 2. But then again this isn't Afro Samurai :/

PipBoy > Status > Statistics

You can find statistics there. So theres achievement and you see the nick of the person who has the first place. But you cant see your place.

I know it could cause some wall of text, so I didnt know where to place it, but Id nevertheless like to see whats my position. Let it be 1000th or something but I can progress. If youre NO. 1 it would simply show your nick without doubling.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 31 queries.