"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 08:11:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Locks can be used to lock doors not only containers  (Read 2638 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Locks can be used to lock doors not only containers
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:03 am »

pretty much self explaining. 1 problem tho - somebody with 240% lockpick makes a lock, goes to NCR and locks all doors of Rawhide saloon, making newbies can't do quests.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Re: Locks can be used to lock doors not only containers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:19:48 pm »

Then guard shout something bad about that locker, shoot him and then use his 500% lockipick skill on that door and opens it.

Haraldx

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »

Or make some doors in some towns ''buyable'', you have to talk to f.e. to the towns main guy (TC NPC) and tell him that you wanna buy that and that door, he gives you a paper, and when you put the lock on the door while the paper is in your inventory, guards don't say anything!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »

I'm just gonna buy the doors that lead to workbench. Wtf?
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »

Or just make it so that doors in cities aren't lockable by players, and only in faction bases. With that, I see no down-side.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Haraldx

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 06:36:31 pm »

I'm just gonna buy the doors that lead to workbench. Wtf?
I said only some doors are buyable in some cities. Not all doors and in all cities.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 06:57:30 pm »

Or just make it so that doors in cities aren't lockable by players, and only in faction bases. With that, I see no down-side.

I see some "funny" lockpicker who will lock doors to terminal just "for teh lulz". If locking doors will be implemented, it must be added at same time as ability to remove locks.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:17 pm »

I see some "funny" lockpicker who will lock doors to terminal just "for teh lulz". If locking doors will be implemented, it must be added at same time as ability to remove locks.

I see some stupid gang leader who recruits such stupid morons  :D and you can always hire another lockpicker to open it for you...

or will you remove car(avan) stealing by lockpickers, because someone is doing it just "for teh lulz"? Suicide bombing is another idiotic doing just "for teh lulz", will you remove it too?

your argument is invalid...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:38 pm »

This will be good for that brahmin problem in caves and other bases too.

Haraldx

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 07:20:59 pm »

And maybe even if somebody wants to make his own storage or a shop in a city, he would buy the doors, and make lock the door when going offline. Can be used as ''Not-100%-safe-tent''. Damn, just came up with an idea.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »

I see some stupid gang leader who recruits such stupid morons  :D and you can always hire another lockpicker to open it for you...

or will you remove car(avan) stealing by lockpickers, because someone is doing it just "for teh lulz"? Suicide bombing is another idiotic doing just "for teh lulz", will you remove it too?

your argument is invalid...

Any of things you mentioned doesn't affect whole faction. Now look here, add a gate and imagine that it's locked. You still think it's same thing as suicide bombing? After death you just wait for respawn and that's it. Here you are forced to buy new base or it will be just bigger tent - no workbench, no fruits/fibers, no extra containers, just a dirty sand.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:21 pm »

But if you will blow up door, it will respawn unlocked.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »

I think if locks are implemented like this, boltcutters should be craftable. Not easily, they'd break after a few uses, and you'd need 6 or so ST to use them properly.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 07:46:17 pm »

Any of things you mentioned doesn't affect whole faction. Now look here, add a gate and imagine that it's locked. You still think it's same thing as suicide bombing? After death you just wait for respawn and that's it. Here you are forced to buy new base or it will be just bigger tent - no workbench, no fruits/fibers, no extra containers, just a dirty sand.

where is the problem with hiring another lockpicker to open it?
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:11 pm »

dinamite
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.