"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:38:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Repairing  (Read 3379 times)

Repairing
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:19 pm »

So I'm a little more confident with PvE now that I've gained some levels and I'm getting some decent loot.

The catch is whenever I try to fix something I ALWAYS, without fail or deviation, get maintenance failed or you could not repair this item as the result when I try to repair something more complex then a 10 milimeter pistol.

I've got 121% repair and a tool on me almost all the time and I'm failing this much, meanwhile other people I know seem to have a lot more success. Is there's something I don't know about using the tool to aid with repairs? And what's a 'decent' repair skill where I could theoretically repair just about everything I pick up?

Basically what am I doing wrong at the moment, and what should I be aiming for in the future?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Repairing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »

You need 250 repair to theoretically repair everything you pick up.

You need 249 repair to repair anything.  :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:17 pm »

Having a tool in your hand when you do repair adds 20% or so to your repair skill.

Having a super tool kit (buy for 2000 caps from some guy near NCR workbench) adds even more !

now with a 180% repair character and suepr tool kit i can repair anything a bit.

120% with tool, most mid tier etc...

also you might want to know that when an object reaches 100% det (slightly brkoen, this kind of things), you can repair it to 0% in 1 shot with a good skill.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 06:25:06 pm »

You need 250 repair to theoretically repair everything you pick up.

You need 249 repair to repair anything.  :P
C'mon, 200% is enough, of course with Tool/Supertool Kit in active hand. Fails are quite rare, even with 1 LK I have.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:14 am »

Alright bought a super toolkit and the problem seems to have alleviated itself, next question though - do super tool kits ever break or expire or anything?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:50:11 am »

Yes
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 02:14:41 am »

Is it predictable or random?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 02:16:01 am »

Random; in my experience it is like a 10% chance of tool breaking.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:52:47 pm »

I'm refreshing this thread - did after wipe anything change in maintaining things?
Is there any formula/pattern for succesfull repair? Does LK affects?

Any hints from devs how high this skill should be to not break anything too often?

And how much Tool and Super Toolkit are adding - 20, 50, 100%?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 04:16:56 pm »

I'm refreshing this thread - did after wipe anything change in maintaining things?
Is there any formula/pattern for succesfull repair? Does LK affects?

Any hints from devs how high this skill should be to not break anything too often?

I don't think that the addition of a tool and toolkit changed.
My 180% alt is successful in repairing most stuff, 1 fail in about 15 repairs.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »

The catch is whenever I try to fix something I ALWAYS, without fail or deviation, get maintenance failed or you could not repair this item as the result when I try to repair something more complex then a 10 milimeter pistol.

I've got 121% repair and a tool on me almost all the time and I'm failing this much, meanwhile other people I know seem to have a lot more success. Is there's something I don't know about using the tool to aid with repairs? And what's a 'decent' repair skill where I could theoretically repair just about everything I pick up?

I think it should also be said that if you're trying to repair items from encounters, they already have a high break count, which makes them hard to repair.  It's a lot easier to repair a freshly crafted item.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:58 pm »

I'm not sure of your other question, but I'm 99%-sure that LK still does not affect repair.

Tools add 50%, Super Tools add 100%. Only question about that is if it is capped at 300%.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »

I'm not sure of your other question, but I'm 99%-sure that LK still does not affect repair.

Tools add 50%, Super Tools add 100%. Only question about that is if it is capped at 300%.

Are you sure that tools add 50%?  I always thought they added 20%.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 09:38:16 pm »

Are you sure that tools add 50%?  I always thought they added 20%.
ME TOO!! But if you look in wiki its 50% and super tool kit is 100%.

I think it was to make up for the extreme skillpoints you need to repair effectively.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

They should increase it beyond 300% aslong as its in your active slot.
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.