"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:43:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No Free Hotel Rooms?  (Read 1607 times)

No Free Hotel Rooms?
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:20:01 pm »

Noob here, I just started my second character, a sort of crafter gunslinger dude. Anyway, level two now, I was chilling out near NCR but the HUB has more resources nearby, junktown's mine isn't too fair and Los angeles is just to the south for junk, the mountains have some trees (Which are irritatingly rare) the only thing kinda lackign is fiber.

In retrospect I wish I'd tagged Outdoorsman instead of small guns, but oh well, I can live with it.

The trouble - I die often still as I'm only level 2. That's not the problem though. I'm getting tired of bloody walking back from Modoc. Random respawning my arse, Modoc - all the time everytime. It's like twenty million miles and 84 stupid random encounters away from the hub, where I've kind of set up shop. I've read you can get a hotel room and stop that nonsense where you are randomly respawned - the trouble is none of the hotels have any rooms free. What's the deal? Is there a quest I need to do? Or is the hotel just limited, period.

More importantly, maybe, Is there some other way to respawn locally? Or at the very least with a little more control?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: No Free Hotel Rooms?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:21:54 pm »

Hotel room cost 100 caps (don't remember period)
Someone can say if know better.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:25:56 pm »

Hotel room cost 100 caps (don't remember period)
Someone can say if know better.

I've had over a thousand caps on me and asked for a room. "We have no free rooms available, try again later!" is the only response I ever get.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »

I've had over a thousand caps on me and asked for a room. "We have no free rooms available, try again later!" is the only response I ever get.
Then you cannot get room.
wait next wipe to get room :)

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »

There are just no free hotel rooms. I guess there are 25 to 30 hotel rooms for ~300 players, so no wonder they are full the whole time.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:30 pm »

Really really lame, getting so tired of walking ALL the way back to my base of operations.

Is there no other way?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:38:37 pm »

Really really lame, getting so tired of walking ALL the way back to my base of operations.

Is there no other way?
wait next wipe to get room :)
And be fast of course.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 02:27:40 pm »

like Iron Maiden says : Be Quick Or Be Dead

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 03:03:46 pm »

None of you dared to provide any details ?

TwistedIndoctrine : For now (It will change) the only way to avoid random respawn is to buy a hotel room.

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Hotel_room

The only thing you can do is going often at the hotel to check if there are free rooms. Rooms automatically deplete/expire (pick the right word) after one week, so just try often to get one and you'll succeed !
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 05:30:07 pm »

maybe the developers can code a timer or something izual, I've tried 10-20 times to no avail.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 05:34:36 pm »

Or more rooms from basement :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.