"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:15:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cooperation. Also - lamp.  (Read 3704 times)

Nyan

• Teehee.
Cooperation. Also - lamp.
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »

I've been playing megamod lately. It's like fonline but with awesome. And bugs. Oh wait. Ok, jokes aside. The newest version (2.42 with the custom menu background) has some really awesome stuff inside: new animations eg for shooting with rifles, a lot of character models in all the armors possible - aka the team armor mod, Mr. Fixit which is basically your crafting. It looks worse but works better - it's easier to navigate and has multiple items craft option. There is this whole tribal theme with tribal item crafting, being a shaman and creating kickass chaman drugs, collecting them herbs and animal skins. There are so many ideas and ready things that may be used and make this game better and more expanded.
The question is why not combine your powers devs? Just contact those people, they would love to see their work used in such a big project and that would mean faster progress and fresh ideas.

Now think for a moment about this thing, I don't want to create a new thread for this. Characters Origin. That's a big project and needs a lot of work done to b honest. It's basically something like character classes. Some people are born in vaults, some in tribes, some in XXX, ghouls, mutants. They have the access to perks and origin bonuses others can't have or it's a problem for them to get those things.
Imagine skinning animals only accessible to trapers and tribals. They would have to trade with other people for stuff they can't get themsel.. oh wait alts. Ok, you guys just ruined it before it was even implemented. Great job. Tribal class would be freakin awesome. You know this to be true.

TL;DR - contact the modmakers and GET SOME NUTS! ARRRRRR.

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Cooperation. Also - lamp.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:26:25 am »

yeah, too bad there are so many douchefags out there exploiting the living shit out of everything they see... In any case it would be quite awesome to see some form of origin for the character( about that, the character "origins" from arcanum were quite cool, I ended up taking the mental patient because of the extra DR most of the time)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 02:24:50 am »

yeah, too bad there are so many douchefags out there exploiting the living shit out of everything they see... In any case it would be quite awesome to see some form of origin for the character( about that, the character "origins" from arcanum were quite cool, I ended up taking the mental patient because of the extra DR most of the time)

I agree.  I think a game like Fallout needs more structure to work.  How the hell someone can sneak like a ninja but carrying a minigun and ammo I do not know.  Hell, how does one sneak when they are bogged down by over 20 Plasma grenades I do not know.

What about realtime combat?   Does that mean the game will autosuck for those who arn't masters at Counterstrike or Starcraft 2?  The reason fallout is fun is because its NOT a twitch reflex game.  It brings back memories of Jagged Alliance or other tactical sims be ith FF Tactics or that mystery one that takes place in an alternate WW2.  Great game but can't recall the name.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:47:12 am »

the GMs and devs are working on an integrated aimbot as far as I know, this will give us the NPC twitch-reflexes, finally...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:00 am »

They would have to trade with other people for stuff they can't get themsel.. oh wait alts. Ok, you guys just ruined it before it was even implemented. Great job. Tribal class would be freakin awesome. You know this to be true.

I Love You
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:00:32 am »

Imagine skinning animals only accessible to trapers and tribals.
Never! even in Fallout 2 you get "gecko skinning" perk.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:52:25 pm »

Never! even in Fallout 2 you get "gecko skinning" perk.
You get it from a)trapper Smiley or b)people who want you to kill trapper Smiley in megamod. Oh wait, both are trappers? What a coincidence. But hey, you are not a trapper and can learn it. Oh wait again. You are a freakin tribal. Not to mention you are a chosen one, the only non-npc character in that game so it would be plain stupidity to make a perk which you cannot learn.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 01:05:38 pm »

I'd say his post was about FOnline and not Fallout 2... There is still a difference.

About the rest: You can't "simply" take stuff from Fallout 2 mods and place them into FOnline. That's not gonna work. You have to recreate everything with the FOnline engine.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »

Correct, but since those people did those things before, they have both ideas and experience. Those are perfect attributes of developers don't you think? Just ask them for help

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 01:16:32 pm »

The Megamod is a combination of many different mods. Not all done by the same persons.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:46 pm »

You answer just to have the last word. I said THEM and I gave megamod just as an example. There are people out there ready to make this game awesome, you just need to want to contact them

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:30:04 pm »

"Them" are many people, who all might not have any knowledge of AngelScript. Scripting for Fallout 2 is a lot easier than for FOnline.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »

Scripting for Fallout 2 is a lot easier than for FOnline.
And how that can be..?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »

Fallout 2 scripting is done with a simple script language. Everyone can work with that, even a monkey. FOnline is using AngelScript, which needs some more knowledge of programming languages, if you want to do something fancy. But this also means that Fallout 2 scripting is pretty limited, while you can do everything you can think of in FOnline (well, a lot more at least).

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »

Well i'm more stupid than monkey then :P
I cannot even use that dialog editor.. so how about Fallout 2 scripting?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.