"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 10:47:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New ways of leveling  (Read 5095 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: New ways of leveling
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »

I like all 3 ways of leveling...

Shared xp, no question - improves player interaction

gaining skill via using the skill... I dont know. What would be the level for then? For HP? Perks only? OK. But on the condition that theres a limit of skill points. Otherwise everyone would have 300%... well it could reduce alting... but nah....some fonline fanatics would swap gatling laser with a rocket launcher, it would be too much :D

RP - that would be nice. Of course we lack channels, like in mainstream games. Maybe a radio channels could do, but again, it wouldnt be universal...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

gaining skill via using the skill... I dont know. What would be the level for then? For HP? Perks only? OK. But on the condition that theres a limit of skill points. Otherwise everyone would have 300%... well it could reduce alting... but nah....some fonline fanatics would swap gatling laser with a rocket launcher, it would be too much :D
You misunderstood that, its gaining XP by using skills. We have it now afaik, but xp gained is pretty weak compared to lvling by killing. Id be happy to lvl up just by using my skills (sure it needs balance). Moreover, I think every skill (like sneak or barter) should award XP
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »

I like all 3 ways of leveling...

Shared xp, no question - improves player interaction

RP - that would be nice. Of course we lack channels, like in mainstream games. Maybe a radio channels could do, but again, it wouldnt be universal...

In EVE Online and Ultima Online, you can upgrade your skills to a certain point. Imagine you can upgrade of 500 points through all your all skills, you have to plan what skills you will upgrade and how much.

Praise Abitbol, Praise HIM !

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 12:06:12 am »

Its not ultima... Its gurps SPECIAL...
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:54 am »

Its not ultima... Its gurps SPECIAL...
If you say so, I never played with the gurps SPECIAL game system.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 09:27:54 am »

not even fallout or fallout 2?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 11:27:53 am »

not even fallout or fallout 2?
lionheart is also based on this system... and even fonline. ;)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 11:53:37 am »

I just went with the most obvious ones apart from FOnline, and hmm, never heard of lionheart before, you mind posting a link so I can check what it is?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 12:42:44 pm »

Yes I played Fallout 2. Ok i misunderstood what you were saying.

gordulan : Lionheart is a kinda mix of Diablo and Baldur's Gate in gameplay. And the universe is a mix of fantasy and real characters like Leonardo Da Vinci... It's a good game but I never finished it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:38 pm »

XP Sharing, as Izual said, is tagged somewhere on the epic todo list.

Gaining xp by using skills is there. Doc, Repair, Outdoors, FA, Thief - the problem being a lot of these can be botted, so the potential growth must be restricted.

Gaining by RP, I can't (or don't) even want to imagine what bodged up system this would use :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

Thiefs should gain xp when stealing from players.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:29 pm »

Thiefs should gain xp when stealing from players.
ahahahahahaha.. oh wow mate. Two men siting in the middle of the desert for a week stealing one coin frome each other. That would NEVER EVER be exploited. I believe fallout online mature community would only steal like 2-3 items per hour in towns from strangers and those fine gentleman would NEVER EVER whine and cry that not only they loose their stuff but the thieves also get exp for this. I salute you kind sire for your brilliant idea. This man should get a town named after him. In real life.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 05:59:50 pm »

That's logical, you are getting experience from using a skill. You get experience using First Aid and Doctor right?
Ohh, no, but you can have two chars attacking, crippling and then healing(FA+Doc) each other! ABUSE! EXPLOIT! UNLIMITED EXP! Anything else? -.-
Following your way of thinking, we should remove experience that you gain for healing.
We should remove experience you gain for walking on the map and using your outdoorsman skill! Because now you just walk around, and walk, and walk... And gain exp everytime you get an encounter! You just need about 130% in outdoorsman.
We should remove experience you gain for repairing! Because you could get a cheap armor, and then let the other guy shot you so the armor breaks. Then you repair it! UNLIMITED EXP!

You know how fucking boring is leveling a thief this way? Moving a coin between two inventories, then doing it again, then again, again... ZzZzZz.... Yes, you could use a bot here. And in all the examples i pointed above.

Now, my point of view. Thiefs should gain xp when stealing from players. When you think for a while, you could get soo many ideas how to make this not exploitable. You just need to use your brain a bit harder.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:13:25 pm by Floodnik »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 06:14:00 pm »

Well, i dont know if this is not too heretic, but i never understand, why i can raising my skill by using another one.

I.e.: i kill 20 radscorpions with 10 mm pistol, i get on level 2 get new skill points gained from killing something and then i boost absolutely different skill, i.e. speech.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 03:46:42 am »

That's logical, you are getting experience from using a skill. You get experience using First Aid and Doctor right?
Ohh, no, but you can have two chars attacking, crippling and then healing(FA+Doc) each other! ABUSE! EXPLOIT! UNLIMITED EXP! Anything else? -.-
Following your way of thinking, we should remove experience that you gain for healing.
We should remove experience you gain for walking on the map and using your outdoorsman skill! Because now you just walk around, and walk, and walk... And gain exp everytime you get an encounter! You just need about 130% in outdoorsman.
We should remove experience you gain for repairing! Because you could get a cheap armor, and then let the other guy shot you so the armor breaks. Then you repair it! UNLIMITED EXP!

You know how fucking boring is leveling a thief this way? Moving a coin between two inventories, then doing it again, then again, again... ZzZzZz.... Yes, you could use a bot here. And in all the examples i pointed above.

Now, my point of view. Thiefs should gain xp when stealing from players. When you think for a while, you could get soo many ideas how to make this not exploitable. You just need to use your brain a bit harder.

"People are fucking dumb". I can say that because its a quote. Jesus Christ kid, how did you find this game anyway? Did someone write the website on your Halo dvd? Answer is plain and simple. First aid has 14 minutes cool-down and gives you triple the number of hit points healed exp. You healed 20hp you get 60exp. There is no possibility to exploit, you just, you just can't do it. Seriously. If someone would grind level 21 by hitting his mate and faing him every 14 minutes for maybe even 100 exp well, I'd salute him. Doctor skill has even bigger cooldown, gives less exp and is harder to perform.

Steal, lets take a look at this. Skill has 30 second cooldown which starts after using the skill - a.k.a. during the stealing procedure. There is a skill test made versus victims PE, let's just say that my friend will make a dummy alt with 1 PE just for me. He sure can. Every coin stolen or stolen back gives more exp in one run. The exp curve is 10, 15, 25, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 100, 100, 100, 100... etc. If my steal skill is over 100 which is a normal value on level 2 I can get 225exp every 30 seconds. With each level the amount of exp is greater. The great thing is that my 1PE friend will never attack me. He will just stand there and wait for another steal attempt. At level 6 you have about 240% steal so you usually can get about 500 exp every 30 seconds, which is 1000exp per minute. Yeah, it's pretty the same thing as First Aid. Do your freaking homework kid.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.