"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:30:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Town caravans fight each other  (Read 2886 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Town caravans fight each other
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 04:19:21 am »

It has been a while since I played FO2, but when did Gecko poison Vault City's water supply?
Their nuclear power plant was leaking radiation into their water supply, and the First Citizen's first idea to solve the problem was to simply kill them all.

Although she made it a point of telling people in a hint hint wink wink way.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:57 am »

let's not try to over think it...  should caravans randomly fight each other as long as it's balanced and they turn hostile to every player in the area to avoid easy lootings? It could help create more quests and give players the opportunity to mold the cities around them with their actions but let's just stick with the basic idea first...
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:20:16 pm »

Why would Caravans (which are meant for trading/guarding the merchant)  fight a "war" to other towns?
Also. Each (or most of the towns) are dependant of other towns, what town A doesn't have, town B exports it to them. Pretty idiotic move to pull a war then if you ask me.

Well Drug filled caravans from New Reno could be somewhat against NCR and VC pure politics.

Also Ghouls if they had a caravan they would be quite mad at NCR  ::)

I dont support the idea. Its a needless trouble for devs. There are better things to do first.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

I dont support the idea. Its a needless trouble for devs. There are better things to do first.
People need to stop saying crap like this, Its food for thought, a future project for a boring day or later date, possibly this suggestion will lead to a better suggestion which will lead to a even beter one, throwing an idea away just because it seems it will take alot of work is ignorant and lazy.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:40 pm »

people still aren't posting a good enough explanation as to why this is a bad idea...
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 11:37:41 pm »

It's not a bad idea, your thread is just victim to ignorant people just looking for a kindle to flame.

But there should definitely be some quests in relation to these wars.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 11:38:59 pm »

Yep, everyone not agreeing with the OPs opinion is willing to flame and ignorant.  ::)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 06:50:38 pm »

Obviously, who is actually fighting would have to be determined, but there are some possibilities. As to the issue of waiting for the battle to end, killing the stragglers, and taking all the loot, why wouldn't one side retreat after it becomes clear they're going to lose? This would at least reduce the massive amount of loot coming out of these encounters.

To add more depth, if you choose to enter an encounter and help one side to win, your reputation with that group would increase, and they'd leave some of the loot for you, but not all of it. Something like 1 weapon, 20% of available ammo for that weapon, and anything the winning side wouldn't want that's left over (f.e. VC probably wouldn't be picking up combat knives, rocks, bb guns, and things like that. Or they could just leave you a random 10-30% of the items.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:45 am »

DID I SMELL SOME HEAT?

Some rather lovely and completely canon encounters:

Caravans in general vs. Mobsters, Raiders (lame and BFBunch), Rougues, Crazies, Highwaymen (should be upgraded Mad Max style, because I say so).

V.C. Patrol vs. Anything mutie, ghoulie, raidy, mobsy, badassy. Not slavers because Lynette is a dirty lass.

B.O.S. vs. Anything evil or so (pherhaps they should kill some innocents for controversy's sake?)

Enclave Patrol vs. Anything? They're evil, remember.

Junktown Scouts/ N.C.R. Rangers/ vs. Evil.

It hasn't been throughly emphazised that the postapocalyptic world might be devastated but it's not lacking population. Cities without enough NPCs do not favor this perspective. But yes, it is a fairly inhabited coast and it is some friggin' violent territory. Not like there's not a night without teh kapowies, but every week or so you can hear them raiders striking fear into them comunities. Not to mention the other greater factions. These combat situations should take place in order to make the game more diverse, and they should not be an easy situation to survive single handedly. Game dynamics might not be ready for such scenarios, but these are the expected realities of the wasteland.

The bloody weed is bloody turf / the bloody speed is bloody SURF / the bloody folks are bloody daft / don't make me bloody laugh / it bloody hurts to look around / everywhere in chicken town.
Didn't, got killed.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 7.229 seconds with 28 queries.