"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 12:14:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Server application: Bad news  (Read 24315 times)

Re: Server application: Bad news
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59:17 pm »

I have 2 characters 21 lvl. Do not make wipe. For sure everything will be fine.  ;)

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 10:11:53 am »

I for one would welcome another wipe, nuthin like levelin the playing field for the new guys, and as an added plus the mass amounts of gear accumulated by upper gangs through the bb gun exploit would be vanished, yay.

I've heard this one before the last wipe - and guess what? The field doesn't get levelled, it gets more bumpy real fast. I'm sort of glad devs seem to do the wipes when they're necessary, not when some people are whining for it. Getting through early stages of gang development is fun once in a big while (I mean, that town control action with low levels, shotguns and jackets was a fun little distraction), but I think the game is better and offers more when things really get rolling.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 10:16:51 am »

I've heard this one before the last wipe - and guess what? The field doesn't get levelled, it gets more bumpy real fast. I'm sort of glad devs seem to do the wipes when they're necessary, not when some people are whining for it. Getting through early stages of gang development is fun once in a big while (I mean, that town control action with low levels, shotguns and jackets was a fun little distraction), but I think the game is better and offers more when things really get rolling.

I totally disagree, You didnt really state why its gets more "bumpy" as you put it, if anything with all the new players its going to be insane, but well played out. With the differences in the crafting mechanics I dont think well see entire teams of people equipped with rockets and miniguns for at least maybe 2 weeks instead of one :p. And FYI no one was "whining" for a wipe, they announced it and some people say yay and some people said ney, theres nothin you can do it about it, its going to happen one way or the other. so just suck it up and stop trolling.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:59 am »

There will be wipe once, we just don't know when. Not soon, that's at least what I can confirm right now.

Since the engine is under continuous upgrade procedure, we are forced to wipe sometimes. Good news is that this doesn't happen too often.

We all got the dev's answer. So what is that discussion for?

Stop yay wipe! & nah wipe! It's boring and annoying.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:43 am »

I'm sort of glad devs seem to do the wipes when they're necessary, not when some people are whining for it.

Yeah, decisions for wipe look like this:
a) engine change, wipe required - no dicsussion about it
b) if we have to wipe, let's do it when the gameplay also changes (like last time)

So it's always because we NEED to, it's just we're trying to do this in best possible time (given the circumstances, progress, upcoming updates etc...)

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 11:18:10 am »

With the differences in the crafting mechanics I dont think well see entire teams of people equipped with rockets and miniguns for at least maybe 2 weeks instead of one :p.

Last time it was two days for a certain faction and there was a massive ammount of butthurt generated in the process. Wipe doesn't make it equal for everyone, if anything it gives the better factions a massive tech/level advantage allowing them to totally dominate the server until the rest manages to catch up. It's way easier to get in the first league when hi-tech stuff is generally out in the streets, which is the way it is right now.

And FYI no one was "whining" for a wipe, they announced it and some people say yay and some people said ney, theres nothin you can do it about it, its going to happen one way or the other. so just suck it up and stop trolling.

Get your facts straight. It was supposed to be an economy wipe, it turned out to be a total wipe at least partially because of all the whining. And I know that it's going to happen when the devs need it - not when you think it's going to do the community any good. So actually you're the one trolling by asking for it here.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 11:24:40 am »

It was supposed to be an economy wipe, it turned out to be a total wipe at least partially because of all the whining.

Nope, as above. It was supposed to be technical wipe, which we delayed till we rework some economy for "better" effect.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 03:40:25 pm »

@boat
wow just wow, the king of misquotes strikes again, no one asked or as you like to put it "whined" for a wipe the devs announced and people responded, i dont think youll find a thread anywhere asking for a wipe. So you sir get your facts straight and start reading what your quoting cause it had nothing to do with what you said.
plasma nade your face off!

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »

Hm, id actually love to see a total wipe. Could make a poll wether the majority of players want one or not.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »

This problem still persists, but we have some automated solutions to guarantee that downtime is less than it would be otherwise.

This issue is very complicated because it's caused by memory leaks in either the game code or in the engine, we have no been able to locate them (or it) yet, but are working on it.

DJ Bulva

• Ego Slayers
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2010, 10:36:43 am »

im for wipe.

Many new people know how to play.....

And Pkass must start from shovel....
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31:08 pm »

Sounds very... communist utopic.

Some people still play better (and more) than others, so there will always be a runaway difference =) Stop claiming stripping everybody from everything would change anything =)
  Use your brain!

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 08:07:45 pm »

Raengar = Conlan ?
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2010, 08:00:08 pm »

Are these memory leaks fixed ?
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2010, 07:47:29 pm »

what the hell is happening?
it goes down every 20 mins or so...
it is becoming impossible to play on the server
ĐαгҲ!Đ٤™
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.