"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:56:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Permament Death Era  (Read 7309 times)

Janusz2238

• forum.newfmc.pl
Re: Permament Death Era
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:19 pm »

Maybe other idea no.2: No alts, or max 2 characters per player ;)
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl/

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:40 pm »

Don't know why they will use high tier equipment less often... really don't know why, but even if it's as you're saying, that it's even better! Fighting with 10mm pistols and throwing spears and wear jacket is real Fallout ^_^
Real Fallout, but remember, were playing a game, that should have large variety of items, so i wont get bored after 10 hours of fighting with rocks.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »

Maybe other idea no.2: No alts, or max 2 characters per player ;)

There is no "simple" way to do that.

Real Fallout, but remember, were playing a game, that should have large variety of items, so i wont get bored after 10 hours of fighting with rocks.

Remember that there are players that loves chalanges, right now "large variety of items" mean mk armors, bos, bg, granades and sniper rifle/smg.
How much more would be your BA if it would be one of 50 not one of 2000 on server? A little more epic, a little more harsh and people would behavior in other wayys [in bad or good meaning]. Think about it not as a "suggestion that is going to take my all precious items away from me" but as a suggestion that brings other way of gameplay. right now you can get everything for free - just spend some time for alts - and so you do not respect items that are ggiven to you for free.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

Geez, nothing is for free, I spent lot of time gathering all mats for every item I got stockpiled. I miss every item I lose in combat.
I dont know nothing about your whereabouts, but it seems to me, that you have no combat experience, you just like to hang in NCR. If you want challenge, make a lvl 21 character, load it with full  stuff and drugs and fight with us. Well see, how you enjoy losing stuff worth thousands of caps every day.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

Ragequits. Ragequits everywhere.
Everything for a naught.

You know what happen to rare stuff?

It stays at base. Same with characters, the miner/crafters won't get out, except for getting a profession (very late at night).

So the fighters with tendency to die will be mostly low-level with high-tier stuff.
Those who made it somehow without dying will be in advantage.

But you know what? The manner of excited writing about crafter sufferings and actually wanting to grief them makes me thinking some things about you.
Perhaps it's not excited, but provoking manner of speech?

So, in this special case, i'm endlessy happy, that THIS won't be implemented on 2238. EVER.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:59:39 pm by Alvarez »

Avoral

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »

Geez, nothing is for free, I spent lot of time gathering all mats for every item I got stockpiled. I miss every item I lose in combat.
I dont know nothing about your whereabouts, but it seems to me, that you have no combat experience, you just like to hang in NCR. If you want challenge, make a lvl 21 character, load it with full  stuff and drugs and fight with us. Well see, how you enjoy losing stuff worth thousands of caps every day.

Change of topic means that you do not have anything worthy to say and start trolling how hight and mighty you are?

each day you lose 10000000000k caps and earn 10000000000k caps and for what purpse? what do it change? when you will wake up from "pro fighting slaugher" you will discover that it is.... boring?  But sure, have a fun!

Meanwhile i would like to come back to PDE idea and read some non-trol self proclaming pr0players posts.

You know what happen to rare stuff?

It stays at base. Same with characters, the miner/crafters won't get out, except for getting a profession (very late at night).
So the fighters with tendency to die will be mostly low-level with high-tier stuff.
Those who made it somehow without dying will be in advantage.
But you know what? The manner of excited writing about crafter sufferings and actually wanting to grief them makes me thinking some things about you.
Perhaps it's not excited, but provoking manner of speech?
So, in this special case, i'm endlessy happy, that THIS won't be implemented on 2238. EVER.

- Miners and crafters will have to be protected - whats will be wrong with that? Btw, sometimes there can be an outside assasin that will slaughter crafter that sitts safe in base and so on. It is just a matter of view.
- PDE would be about getting adventage and keeping it
- dont worry be happy as old ghouls says but only devs decide what will or will not be "implemented", and since they are searching a diffrent server ideas [this is a beta after all] it would be interesting idea to try something rather than ignore it. Even if people didn't like PDE it could be easy removed from server [just delete script from source] and as i written in first post, it is simple to make it install/uninstall it.
- And one more, i think that mos players dont like idea of losing junk resource from bases or getting HQ minerals but it is in game and people still are playing.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:45 pm »

It wasnt meant to be offensive, I just explained where my challenges come from.
Seems like we both have different opinon about having fun and Im really grateful that 95% of players see it my way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:29:16 pm by Sarakin »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »

It won't be implemented.

Mainly because of frustrating players too much. The game shouldn't be too harsh and developers too arrogant.

If a developer says "Shut the fuck up, lowly player, i can't hear you, my idea is great and ye shall enjoy it or get the fuck out from my game", (thankfully, they won't) the servers will either be empty soon or crashed down by an angry internet mob.

So i'm pleased with the actual situation, as it is.
And.

This won't be implemented and you know that i'm right.  :P

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:15 pm »

ITS IS BRILLIANT!

But only on some alternative, masochistic server.

It would be amazing to see those 21 level powerbulids dying! Now all high value stuff goes into bases/tents and lay there. It's like life have less value then that avenger which I found lately. It's just silly, losing armor and weapon is worse then giving up life.

It could be really well working server! But for now we can't do anything.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Avoral

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:44 pm »

It wasnt meant to be offensive, I just explained where my challenges come from.
Seems like we both have different opinon about having fun and Im really grateful that 95% of players see it my way.

I think you quite overdid with that 95% of players - or we do mean new players [?] becouse i keep on hearing that people taking some time "off" the game becouse they are bored and there is not anything worthy of doing, or just waiting - praying- for next wipe. Some of them are writting suggestions like that, some are working on events you must see that people want "more and more".

From my gameplay i must say that first kills were just "awsome", for some time it was quite nice fun and then it was less and less interesting - as i told ya, next armor, next gun, next thousand of ammo. I suggest that you think more about it between your hard mining/crafting job. Gameplay now is interesting till some point that is reached too fast [imo]. Will PDE change it? Probably no, but i strongly belive that 2238 will become far more chalange than it is now.

It won't be implemented. Mainly because of frustrating players too much. The game shouldn't be too harsh and developers too arrogant.
If a developer says "Shut the fuck up, lowly player, i can't hear you, my idea is great and ye shall enjoy it or get the fuck out from my game", (thankfully, they won't) the servers will either be empty soon or crashed down by an angry internet mob.

I do not know and you do not know, since devs do not say any clues [from some time] what is going to be. I do not know what is idea of their world - it might be that after war the human race is growing stronger but it can also be that we are dying.

Since "suggestions" is not about "who got right and who is wrong" then we may just come to facts. You keep repeating that PDE would be frustrating, how many people will not like it and so on. People keep coming and moving away - the truth of living. Not all epople are thinking as I do,but i can also say that about your way of thinking. Devs are just humans, they are sometimes harsh and sometimes nice but overall they are busy and dont like when someone tells them what they should or shouldnt do :p

For now we got some pros written by me in 1st post, and some cons that are based on frustration when my precious char dies and i lost my last 12h of time, when i was non stop killing ants... Quest my friend! Devs are working on bunch of quests in each free city of 2238 so i think that there will be a good chance to rise from lvl 1 to 6-7 in something like 0.5-1h. Not enough?

sorry to dissapoint you but if those so proclamed by you 95% feeling better becouse they can get their ass safe kicked, come back to base and get next top equipment then and do it again and again... then soon we will got lvl protection, auto shooting scripts, and mutants that chit-chatting with you before fight "do you really want to fight us[BANG], oh you killed my friend - are you  really going to fight us? [Bang] Are you sure?" ond so on funny tricks.

It would be amazing to see those 21 level powerbulids dying! Now all high value stuff goes into bases/tents and lay there. It's like life have less value then that avenger which I found lately. It's just silly, losing armor and weapon is worse then giving up life.
It could be really well working server! But for now we can't do anything.

We just can show people that there are other changes with PDE, gameplay style, more player&player relations [work with someone to get something]. It is rare to see an player that ask some other player [not from his gang] to hunt together right now. in PDE it would habe sense becouse bigger team means less chance for player character to die. There will be bad asses that will lupe players to kill them and take them stuff but this is part of a game.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »

Permadeath is impossible to implement here. Why? Devs can't handle the amount of work required to introduce this. Balance is already screwed everywhere you go from crafting to fighting and this would only take it to the screwed 2238 era.

Avoral

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 11:24:50 pm »

Permadeath is impossible to implement here. Why? Devs can't handle the amount of work required to introduce this. Balance is already screwed everywhere you go from crafting to fighting and this would only take it to the screwed 2238 era.

I would like to hear more about this amount of work that you are talking about. I was thinking just about adding simple stuff like in quests [Delete=0/die=delete+1/delete=1 => deletechar]. But go on, share with us what you got on your mind.
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »

This should be on a separate server. Each IP gets two (live) characters.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »

I would like to hear more about this amount of work that you are talking about. I was thinking just about adding simple stuff like in quests [Delete=0/die=delete+1/delete=1 => deletechar]. But go on, share with us what you got on your mind.

And you honestly believe that people would be satisfied just with this? That it would work and everyone will be able to come to 2238 and enjoy playing it even noobs and casual players? Nolifers would rule the ruins more than ever and even NCR would turn into ghost town. Its simply impossible to introduce it through your easy way because that will only sentence 2238 to emptiness and fast death.

Something like permadeath or loosing exp on death requires perfect game balance and well designed core features. 2238 has none of these ergo its not possible introduce this. And even if it would be possible I think that permadeath/loosing exp has no place in good MMORPG. Or let me change the last one: Permadeath/loosing exp has no place in MMO that does not involve endless grinding.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:43:04 pm by Sius »

Avoral

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 11:51:22 pm »

And you honestly believe that people would be satisfied just with this? That it would work and everyone will be able to come to 2238 and enjoy playing it even noobs and casual players? Nolifers would rule the ruins more than ever and even NCR would turn into ghost town. Its simply impossible to introduce it through your easy way because that will only sentence 2238 to emptiness and fast death.

Something like permadeath or loosing exp on death requires perfect game balance and well designed core features. 2238 has none of these ergo its not possible introduce this. And even if it would be possible I think that permadeath/loosing exp has no place in good MMORPG. Or let me change the last one: Permadeath/loosing exp has no place in MMO that does not involve endless grinding.

And that is some nice post that i must think about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.