Poll

good ideea?-comment please

yes,good
- 10 (66.7%)
no,crapy
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awards | Achievements  (Read 2811 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Awards | Achievements
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:44 am »

some in game award for personal players to give them a purpose to play,no external rewards like xp,only the knowing of completing that award

i think is easy to implement

if(thing_happened)   // somethink like "killing 1000 rats
    gained_award_thing_happened    // like the "Rat Killer" award

so again, no external prize(no caps, no xp, no special skinn unlocked) only the fact that you complet it
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:33:04 pm by Izual »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:08 am »

No thanks, I'd rather see awards for achievements viewable in Pipboy like "most kills" or "most successful steals" etc.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »

No thanks, I'd rather see awards for achievements viewable in Pipboy like "most kills" or "most successful steals" etc.

Well thats bad. Because you cannot achieve them all. Its a good idea IMO. In Borderlands for example there were hundreds of such achievements. Gives a reason to play. I can think of some. They should have about 3 ranks

Partygoer - drink 100 beers
Alcoholic - drink 500 beers
Bum - drunk 1000 beers etc

Shovel amateur 500
Golden shovel (w/e) 1000
Excrement Expert Exterminator (obvious) like 2000 shits

Moo Moo fighter - kill 500 brahmin
Brahmaggeddon - kill 1000 brahmin

Shopper - 100 items bought/sold
Shopping maniac - 500 items bought/sold
Master trader - 1000 items bought/sold

Sniper - kill 20 enemies from above 30 range (humanoids)
Sharpshooter - kill 100 enemies from above 30 range

Crippler - cripple 50 body parts
w/e
w/e

w/e
w/e
Fallout millionaire - earn 500,000 caps

Badass award - 200 BB gun kills

The possibilities are endless here. Id rather see that faster than quests. Its easy to do ranks (ok maybe their names not :P) The question is it easy to record such things. Well at least kill count is recorded in F2

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:26:21 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »

how about they give you set ammounts of experiece as well once you earn them?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 04:04:37 pm »

how about they give you set ammounts of experiece as well once you earn them?
Nope, I see no point for giving exp for example drinking beer. Alien swarm has them too. Even in Counter-strike: Source Beta (a new version of CS) has achievements like ''Have 4 friends of yours playing in one server and make you all have the same gear''. There should be such "fun" achievements which don't require any skills. The only problem is that a BG wouldn't be able to get an achievement like ''Kill a player from 50 hexes'' Because BG doesn't have any weapon that could shoot farther then 40 hex (Bozar doesn't count). Still, great idea, and please no actual rewards (exp, caps, items etc.)
Badass award - 200 BB gun kills

YAY, I got this one already! (I'm killing mutated molerats with it to get lvl up )
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

kraskish

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 05:12:54 pm »

YAY, I got this one already! (I'm killing mutated molerats with it to get lvl up )

What % skill do you have? Its pretty hard against scorpions and bigger ones is pretty useless (no dmg, btw I got low skill so its maybe the thing).

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 05:15:37 pm »

Fallout millionaire - earn 500,000 caps

You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

kraskish

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:48:48 pm »

Hahaha ok maybe I borderlandized too much  ::)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 06:53:24 pm »

you can easly kill molerats if you shot them in the eyes

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »

What % skill do you have? Its pretty hard against scorpions and bigger ones is pretty useless (no dmg, btw I got low skill so its maybe the thing).
From max range - 22 hexes the hit chance in the eyes is about 70%. I have 25 critical chance + shooting in the eyes, critical rate is almost doubled + rats (including MR and PR) have very high % that a shot will be critical or even crippling. With all that, I get about 75% that the shot in the eyes will be a critical and about 74% that it will be insta-kill. You as a BG don't understand it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

kraskish

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »

From max range - 22 hexes the hit chance in the eyes is about 70%. I have 25 critical chance + shooting in the eyes, critical rate is almost doubled + rats (including MR and PR) have very high % that a shot will be critical or even crippling. With all that, I get about 75% that the shot in the eyes will be a critical and about 74% that it will be insta-kill. You as a BG don't understand it.

Well I got 10 L 8 PE and I know eyes give you +60% so for now I got 70% crit chance :p and btw my all chars are SG :F

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:42:43 pm »

k,but still a dev shoud come to comment the ideea, is no big deal,will give a reason to play,nothing will be earned, it will not affect GamePlay,so, good ideea?

kraskish

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 07:50:30 pm »

k,but still a dev shoud come to comment the ideea, is no big deal,will give a reason to play,nothing will be earned, it will not affect GamePlay,so, good ideea?

Yes, this is a very good idea as I said too. You could get the awards/achievements in your character menu (C button :p) where the F1/F2 such awards were (or maybe after perks?) the kill titles are easy (based on count) Im interested is it possible to record particular weapon stuff like 100 headshots/eyeshots and so on. That would be nice too! I guess its better than quests. it would be a challenging end game fun

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 11:11:19 pm »

Achievements are totally the best bonus feature about current games starting with Borderlands/WoW and ending with TF2. Especially if the game has linked achievement and item drop system as it is in TF2. Its hell of a fun to compete in various ways and it certainly bring some motivation to play.

BUT:
- its kinda tricky to create because of technical stuff since the game is supposed to recognize that you have done something to get the achievement
- maybe some graphic will be required
- if the achievements should be worth it they should be well designed = it takes more than 1 brainstorm
- possible additional work if the achievements should be linked with some rewards such as ranks/items/new npc dialogue options etc.
- its hell of a low prio so the optimistic ETA is about 1/2 to 1 year (if it finds its way to TODO list)

I would love something like this but to be honest FOnline has not even began with basic and elemental stuff such as item balancing, more user(+ noob) friendly environment, game content and so on. And until then, well we can only hope for a miracle.

kraskish

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 09:42:57 am »

Achievements are totally the best bonus feature about current games starting with Borderlands/WoW and ending with TF2. Especially if the game has linked achievement and item drop system as it is in TF2. Its hell of a fun to compete in various ways and it certainly bring some motivation to play.

BUT:
- its kinda tricky to create because of technical stuff since the game is supposed to recognize that you have done something to get the achievement
- maybe some graphic will be required
- if the achievements should be worth it they should be well designed = it takes more than 1 brainstorm
- possible additional work if the achievements should be linked with some rewards such as ranks/items/new npc dialogue options etc.
- its hell of a low prio so the optimistic ETA is about 1/2 to 1 year (if it finds its way to TODO list)

I would love something like this but to be honest FOnline has not even began with basic and elemental stuff such as item balancing, more user(+ noob) friendly environment, game content and so on. And until then, well we can only hope for a miracle.

Well killing is recorded as in original so its there. I wonder if some not-based-on-kill-count meter is possible in fonline? like shooting headshots, using particular gun or gathering something.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 26 queries.