"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 22, 2024, 05:19:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A communications hub for teams  (Read 2001 times)

A communications hub for teams
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:46 am »

Hi. I am having trouble keeping teams together when we get booted off the server while it is down. To remedy this problem I was wondering if the fine folks who run this forum would be interested in opening a new subforum where players can go to when the server is down to regroup, plan their next meeting place, talk stategies for hunting partys, etc. So that as soon as the server is back up we can more quickly get our team or hunting party back together.

Thanks
The Mutated Toe

PS: ANYONE ELSE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA PLEASE SAY SOMETHING.

PSS: And if anyone is worried this will be used by pkers to hunt you/us. Dont worry we can always agree on our own teams codewords for certain places. Or just accept the risks as with anything in the wasteland. I doubt many would want to travel too far just to take out a small hunting party anyway.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:18:57 am by Tennessee »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: A communications hub for teams
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:09 am »

The easiest way in doing this, would be creating an own IRC channel, where every member of your gang has acces. ;)
If there was subforum, it would be flooded with messages in a short while, where no one has an overview.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:55 am »

Hmmm, you do realize everyone would be able to read your posts about strategy and where your going to meet up though. just sounds like a good way to get caught out at mariposa or somewhere
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:21:46 am »

I have no idea how to set up or use IRC. I've tried and failed many times. Guess I'm not that network savvy when it comes to IRC. I like the idea of a forum section because then we all know right where to look and can easily see what the latest posts are. Its simple enough if there is a forum for it, for each team or gang to start their own thread and only post there. and like I said each gang has their own lingo.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 03:33:40 am »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=247.0

Easy to follow instructions to join the fonline2238 IRC channel, and from there its 2 clicks to make your own channel.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 04:20:33 am »

Excellent - thanks! Which client is the most user friendly - and smallest footprint?

BTW: If anyone was out hunting with Mutated Toe and wants to meet back up again when the server is back up PM me ASAP! And that is also an open invitation for anyone else who would like to join our gang.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:26:45 am by Tennessee »
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 05:20:45 am »

Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or any other VoIP program is great for keeping in touch with friends.

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:52:59 pm »

Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or any other VoIP program is great for keeping in touch with friends.
skype very easy use for it also
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.