"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 18, 2024, 05:12:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #3  (Read 119138 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #3
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »

Ugh, there are literally hundreds of things to try and work out.  My first character is probably already a mess but... I haven't found any tables/forumula for deciding on how much you need to spend on your chosen Gun skill.

In my case I have Finesse/One-Hander and Perception of 6. I intend to use the .223 pistol as my main weapon. Any idea how much I need to invest in Small Guns to allow for good targetted shots at 25-30y range?

Also, is there any good reason to push my Repair past 120% (for SmallGunsProf3) up to about 150%? Or are my points better spent elsewhere? I might need those points for Small Guns depending on the answer anyway..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:48:24 pm by Baptiste »
In Russia, MMO plays you.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 10:21:12 pm »

In my case I have Finesse/One-Hander and Perception of 6. I intend to use the .223 pistol as my main weapon. Any idea how much I need to invest in Small Guns to allow for good targetted shots at 25-30y range?

Also, is there any good reason to push my Repair past 120% (for SmallGunsProf3) up to about 150%? Or are my points better spent elsewhere? I might need those points for Small Guns depending on the answer anyway..

Your going to want about 220, possibly a little more to get max-range eye shots. Experiment with your pistol as you level up, if you want exactly skill levels. Of course, if you plan to fight people in BA or metal armor, you're gonna have to raise what you would have had to meet the Armor Classes.

Don't bother raising it to 150%. It is either the minimum for profession, or 180%+.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:49:03 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 04:28:46 am »

I have a quick question about tents. The time stated for one to remain before disappearing is four weeks, but I'm curious if it means four weeks outside the game or in the game?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 04:30:27 am »

I have a quick question about tents. The time stated for one to remain before disappearing is four weeks, but I'm curious if it means four weeks outside the game or in the game?
outside.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 04:33:33 am »

outside.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 11:55:49 am »

specially since the .44 magnum JHP ammo is bugged when critting in the eyes, and the head, and any limbs asides the chest, even if you by any chance get an armour bypass critical it'll still do 0 damage, never got it, it is -80% damage, therefore, the critter has some form of magical ward on his eyes because torso hits and crits do normal damage, more or less, about 33% less than without finesse, so apparently, the small guns JHP ammo +DR doesn't count if you have finesse when doing torso shots...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

Do the mines that are available for purchase contain HQ ore/minerals?

John Hancock

• Yippie Ki Yay!
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »

Do the mines that are available for purchase contain HQ ore/minerals?

In the Q&A #2 thread, several people stated that they do (as of 2-3 months ago), but apparently the HQ deposits are a bit tricky to locate within the mine map.

I'm embarrassed to ask this question, since I've been playing Fallout for 13 years, but it may be different in FOnline anyway: Can I save my Lv. 3 perk and use it once I hit level 5 (but before 6)? Or does it need to be used before I hit level 4?

I ask because Survivalist would actually be useful if I could activate it with Outdoorsman already over 100%.
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:03:12 pm »

specially since the .44 magnum JHP ammo is bugged when critting in the eyes, and the head, and any limbs asides the chest, even if you by any chance get an armour bypass critical it'll still do 0 damage, never got it, it is -80% damage, therefore, the critter has some form of magical ward on his eyes because torso hits and crits do normal damage, more or less, about 33% less than without finesse, so apparently, the small guns JHP ammo +DR doesn't count if you have finesse when doing torso shots...

I've swapped to exclusively using .44 FMJ ammo and the improvements are dramatic. Brahmin take damage as they should, and so do humans and a couple of other tougher things.  Knowing about the JHP bug is useful thanks.

It's still a mystery why I could kill Brahmin at an early level, but not a later level. But nevermind.
In Russia, MMO plays you.
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 06:43:42 pm »

In the Q&A #2 thread, several people stated that they do (as of 2-3 months ago), but apparently the HQ deposits are a bit tricky to locate within the mine map.
tight, thanks. Can slaves mine HQ minerals/ore? I feel like this is a stupid question but I need to be totally sure.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »

I'm embarrassed to ask this question, since I've been playing Fallout for 13 years, but it may be different in FOnline anyway: Can I save my Lv. 3 perk and use it once I hit level 5 (but before 6)? Or does it need to be used before I hit level 4?

I ask because Survivalist would actually be useful if I could activate it with Outdoorsman already over 100%.

yeah, you can save up the perk until before you get your next one, if you want to save up several perks it aint gonna work. *whispers* balancing issues

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 08:18:44 pm »

Harold in Gecko doesn't want to trade with me, even though he is on the merchants list in the wiki. Is this because I fail a speech check, a CH check, a reputation check, or a level requirement?

Same question for getting the BoS quest and and being able to buy a VC day-pass.
Join the new traders organization. Check us out here and here

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »

tight, thanks. Can slaves mine HQ minerals/ore? I feel like this is a stupid question but I need to be totally sure.
APPARENTLY, they can only "accidentaly" mine hq ore and minerals at the gecko mine where there is normal and hq.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 06:20:19 am »

APPARENTLY, they can only "accidentaly" mine hq ore and minerals at the gecko mine where there is normal and hq.
I think this is very dumb. I tried it and I get very very few resources that I actually need. Can this be fixed? Like being able to choose which rock you want he slaves to kill?

John Hancock

• Yippie Ki Yay!
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 10:24:44 pm »

It seems like I get fewer encounters (whether automatic or avoidable) with 150%+ Outdoorsman than on a character with low Outdoorsman. It can be 2-3 minutes between finding something occasionally, just killing scorpions, molerats and the like. Of course, my first character got encounters every five seconds, seems like.

Is there a better way to get encounters than wandering the world map? Or is there perhaps some other factor I'm unaware of?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.