"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 01:56:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Faction for traders / crafters  (Read 2867 times)

New Faction for traders / crafters
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:54:16 am »

Hey,

I'm planning to start a faction for (would be) crafters/traders of all professions. Being a casual player, I've been going solo so far but I figured being in a faction has its advantages and I want to see how it works.

Requirements to join:
- timezones: all timezones are welcome, I'm in GMT +1
- languages: must be able to speak English
- maturity: no trolls, griefers, or other idiots. Basically, I want members to be 18+, or in any case to behave mature
- level / experience: not important, as long as your character is well thought out.
- activity: both casual and regular players are welcome. For a smooth cooperation, members are required to check our forums regularly though.

Other info:
- Faction name: a name has not been decided on yet. The first few members will officially start the faction and decide on the name.
- Faction base: as soon as we get a few members online at the same time, we'll create it.
- Communication: I created a forum to discuss the faction start-up and to keep the trading administration here. In game, we usually use radio channel 20.

About myself:
- I'm 26, I've been playing some months ago and have recently returned. I'll probably restart my character for this faction. I'll decide on its profession based on the profession of other members, so we cover as many professions as possible.

If you are interested:
- post in this thread and provide: your age, character name, profession, lvl, timezone and why you want to join this faction.
- register on our forums at http://wastelandtraders.freeforums.org/
- try to contact us in game on channel 20
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:34:41 am by Hitan »
Join the new traders organization. Check us out here and here

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: New Faction for traders / crafters
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:38:40 am »

Dude I don't think there are any faction names left you might have to buy any name you can get on trade part of forums. Which at this point is going to cost a lot depending on the type of base.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:53:02 am »

Thanks for the info. I've got quite some caps though, so I'm hoping to buy a name. So if anyone is selling a faction name, please check http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:55:20 am »

Thanks for the info. I've got quite some caps though, so I'm hoping to buy a name. So if anyone is selling a faction name, please check http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0.

Hitman, I can help your faction get started with a Cave base under the name "Pyromaniacs". I'm with the The Lost Children, and you can see our thread for credibility.  As names are short though, this would not be a business transaction involving caps, more like a handout with mutual benefits.

Contact me via PM, or radio station 19345.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:27:16 am »

It sounds interesting enough to put 1 of my 2 crafter builds to use.
They're mostly inactive.

Character name: not posting those on the forums
Level: both are level 21
Profession: 1 with doc level 3, 1 with armorer level 3 and SG level 1. If it's just 1, pick 1.
Timezone: GMT + 1

My doc and armorer both have some pros and cons.
If you have questions, PM me.

No offense to any base seller, but for obvious reasons I won't store items in a bought faction base.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:31:04 am by HertogJan »
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:45 am »

So... Let me see if I got this right, a faction for crafters and traders!? So you will take all the members and... craft? And, then... craft some more? And maybe, after a while, some more crafting... And finally sell the items! Damn, that sounds fun, let me make a crafter!
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 02:28:51 pm »

It sounds interesting enough to put 1 of my 2 crafter builds to use.
They're mostly inactive.

Thanks for your interest, but this faction won't be a place to store alts. We'd rather have you join with your "main" character, and not to have alts in other factions. Also, we will use the base and store stuff over there. What's the point in having a base and not using it? Besides that, Caviano appears trustworthy enough.

So... Let me see if I got this right, a faction for crafters and traders!? So you will take all the members and... craft? And, then... craft some more? And maybe, after a while, some more crafting... And finally sell the items! Damn, that sounds fun, let me make a crafter!

You know, there are people who consider crafting and trading to be a part of the game, and not just some necessary evil to delegate to dedicated alts. Furthermore, I think it's more fun to have a team of cooperating crafters than to level 3 crafting alts and do everything by yourself. Also, being able to craft items doesn't mean you can't do anything else. Teaming up allows us to do more, not less.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 03:25:40 pm »

Not all players only play to kill or to use the game as chatbox.

Thanks for your interest, but this faction won't be a place to store alts. We'd rather have you join with your "main" character, and not to have alts in other factions. Also, we will use the base and store stuff over there. What's the point in having a base and not using it? Besides that, Caviano appears trustworthy enough.

I didn't mean storing alts.
At the moment I hardly use them, except for occasional crafting and/or trading.
It would be nice to actually have a reason for regularly using them.

My main character isn't a crafter. My doc build was intended to be that but it was an experimental build that didn't work out quite that well.
As it already had quite some stuff gathered I kept it and leveled it to 21.

Being screwed over once with joining a faction and having lost stuff after joining other factions, I prefer to be careful and see how things work out before using it to store items.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.