"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:24:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armour Reskinning  (Read 1731 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
Armour Reskinning
« on: July 20, 2010, 11:43:20 pm »

I mean, the overall suggestion is here because of the fact that CA Mk2 has a completely original style, so, what about BA, i've been surfing through the NMA forums and found what I see is a suitable replacement.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50693&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200
The Blue combat armour as seen on NMA, and made by Ursa (and i guess x'il too)
would be sweet with some variation, Ive also seen a Leather Mk2 there also, not sure if the Male ones are done though...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:14:22 am by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: armour reskin
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:48:15 pm »

Blue isn't really a colour one would associate with military, and BoS is the closest thing aside from the Enclave. The reskin itself is nice, but I just wouldn't like to see all those blue guys running around in TC. Maybe make it something else, like the yellow one that NCR Rangers use?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »

I agree with Nice_Boat. I believe the blue CA critters were made to replace the ugly NCR policemen critters, not the actual players armor.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:54:24 pm »

How about making it a Vault City colour? It sort of makes sense, since they all walk around in vault suits, so they could have their patrols and caravans wear similarly themed suits of armor. What do you think?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:58:58 pm »

would be quite cool, but still, I've seen that the armour had all the animations, therefor I proposed to have this to add variety to the existing limited amount of variation when it comes to looks without asking for a new armour, but it would be sweet if you'd get a vault city combat armour if you join em, would give some reason to join the faction asides from geting the med module.
 The only two variations are the blue and black one appraised to the Hero sets.

There's this one, but only has a few anims.

Here's what I've found on the LAmk2: (warning, it's hot, a few days old only.):
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=793322#793322
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:04:19 am by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Re: Armour Reskinning
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:01:06 am »

Looks Cool, a Few different armours should be added ( Player-Used Ones ) Like you should be able to get the Orange CA, the Blue CA And heaps of the Other Upgraded Skins. But This is Pretty Pointless since the 3d Models will be released Some time soon, ( 5-7 Months? ).

But I Really do want a Variety of armours for the players
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:52:03 am »

Pretty senseless to do that when 3d era is coming "soon".

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:01:17 pm »

soon, ranging from two months from tow to two years from now, and besides, the sprites have way more of a badass look than the 3d models, although I'm all for the 3d era it shouldn't stop new content from coming in, really guys, I thought you knew better...

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:02:50 pm »

If you look at X'il's topic, a lot of new critters are done and could be implemented to FOnline. Could be seriously great :) But I don't know if devs want to implement new 2D critters, when they're working on 3D era.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 12:14:09 am »

how do people do those reskins? I've read this:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Greyscaling_and_manipulating_FRM_sprites

But the one .FRM file I did took about an hour to do. Do they seriously do them all by manually or is there a batch colour conversion program you can use?
20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:10 am »

It's all done manually by hand. Sure there are some automatic photoshop action files, but with that the critters look like shit.
So you have to edit frame by frame. If you want to do every weapon animation one player can make, it's ~53.000 images to edit. Now, take it for different amor types etc. It's a very tedious work.
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 05:25:26 am »

thanks, after reading more of the link i have a better understanding of how to do it. X'il posted up a .psd that explained a lot.

But 53,000? geez some people are dedicated
20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:11 am »

But 53,000? geez some people are dedicated
More like obsessed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:35:40 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 08:11:02 am »

I'm gonna love these threads on NMA, their models look great..
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.