"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 11:34:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Idea to nerf drugs, anti-powerbuilding  (Read 12559 times)

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
Re: Idea to nerf drugs, anti-powerbuilding
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 07:46:33 pm »

Yeah, I agree that tesla + psycho + jet is a nasty combo, but it can still be literally blown to pieces by 2 bazooka shots or even 2 normal BG on jet up close and the perception is awful. I don't think there's any overpowered build/equipment set right now.

In fact this build is not overpowered in TC or big PvP fights because each side usually have 1 or more rocketers. But TC is not all the PvP in the game. In the small gang fight or in a duel almost nobody can win against tesla+psycho+jet.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:11 pm »

Psycho and Jet taken at the same time should automatically kill a person.  Both are highly addictive, strong drugs that mess with the body.  How does taking both of them not totally FUBAR a person's biology?  

Anyway- The drugs effects should not be static, as in you will get a boost but depending upon luck or stats, it may be minimal or a surge
-The drugs duration should also be random and not static, as with static, you use it and then go do your thing knowing you'll be fine indefinitely for so long.  Sometimes, you just won't get your boost.  I believe the duration should even lower when you are addicted.  You're an ADDICT, your body is used to the substance, how does using it constantly always give the same benefit?  Bodies build up resistances, which would explain the progressively lower bonus as well as the randomized effects and duration.

-There are some minor drugs, nuka and cigs, which really don't need altering though they should be considered anyway.  Not sure at hand what that would be for them, though maybe someone else does.  Jov's idea about lower gains if the stat is already high might be enough of a change to those, however.

-Progressively worse withdrawal and addiction perhaps?  The more you have used, the worse your stats are lowered when you are not riding your horse, which would in effect make drug-use casual, as only  tactical use of them would give you the best use, with prolonged use bringing your char down to the point where you have to take it just to be normal.  

-They are Drugs.  They destroy the body from within.-
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:19 pm »

-Progressively worse withdrawal and addiction perhaps?  The more you have used, the worse your stats are lowered when you are not riding your horse, which would in effect make drug-use casual, as only  tactical use of them would give you the best use, with prolonged use bringing your char down to the point where you have to take it just to be normal.  

In the end this will cause all Characters addicted to jet to literally become useless and only have the adverse affects totally destroying it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 08:00:34 pm »

Ahem... isn't that what Happens to people who are addicted to Jet...?
And now...
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 08:02:39 pm »

In the end this will cause all Characters addicted to jet to literally become useless and only have the adverse affects totally destroying it.

Yeah, Jet is shit (I mean in fallout games).
But.... antidote exists :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »

Yeah, Jet is shit (I mean in fallout games).
But.... antidote exists :)
So lets say you are only suffering the bad effects of jet after taking how ever many times, if.. IF the antidote was reimplemented maybe if you took the antidote and there was a cooldown.. of maybe 3 days Real Time then you could become readdicted with full effects, balanced no?  It would give others a chance not to get mowed down 24/7 by those builds because they will have to take long breaks eventually.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

NTR

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »

There are three possible solutions for me:

1. You throw out all drugs with bad effects from the game, leaving Nuka-Cola and Cigs - that is what we definetly should test, it is a BETA right?

2. You rework drugs to give a player possibility to play without bad effects.
For example by moving all craftable 3rd lvl drugs to 2nd lvl, and adding drugs without bad effects to 3rd lvl.
There are many possibilities to balance it, it is just an example.

3. You leave drugs like are they now, or rework strenght of drugs, bad effects timeouts, stats added or strenght of bad effects. It doesnt matter, it won't change anything.

As long as there is a possiblity to farm drugs in game, people fighting in TC will play using drugged chars.
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »

you are so theoretical, go away from home and than, with more experience, give us real feedback ;)

What about some real reasons why I'm wrong, Mr. Fighting-For-New-PvP-On-Forum-And-Not-Present-In-Any-Battles-In-Game ?

If you think that psycho bg with tesla is overpowered or invincible, then it only shows how a bad player in PvP you are. I forgot to mention shots bypassing armors, causing knockouts, using frag grenades to throw him on the ground, make false attacks which force him to take drugs, then wait till withdrawal... really if such methods to deal with psycho bg on jets are too difficult for you then I don't know what you have learned by fighting in PvP fights during last year.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 08:55:12 pm »

Psycho and Jet taken at the same time should automatically kill a person.  Both are highly addictive, strong drugs that mess with the body.  How does taking both of them not totally FUBAR a person's biology?  

All PVP players of TC gang have more of 1 PVP powerbuild, we will just relog another one. Cooldown is a bad idea to, when we are in down we do nothing or we change char, so at the end is not really a malus, only a waste of time.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:00:02 pm by LeMark »
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »

again people who dont fight pvp want to do some changes, drugs are good as they are, if a guy takes lets say 2 psycho and 2 jets which is 1400+ (lets say 2* 350) =2100 and he still can be instakilled  or kept on the ground with knockdows while u wear ur leather armor and a hunting rifle worth 3k ....

srsly no matter how much i spend, no matter what i wear i still can be killed by a noob with a shitty tier 1 gun, it must be changed, unless we want to see swarms of noobs during TC, atm the best tactic is get as many people as possible, stuff even drugs is not so important
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03:21 pm »

Anyway- The drugs effects should not be static, as in you will get a boost but depending upon luck or stats, it may be minimal or a surge
-The drugs duration should also be random and not static, as with static, you use it and then go do your thing knowing you'll be fine indefinitely for so long.  Sometimes, you just won't get your boost.  I believe the duration should even lower when you are addicted.  You're an ADDICT, your body is used to the substance, how does using it constantly always give the same benefit?  Bodies build up resistances, which would explain the progressively lower bonus as well as the randomized effects and duration.

This would just encourage people making more PvP alts, so that once one of the alts becomes useless due to too much drug use, they will switch to a new alt.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 01:46:01 am »

You say that like people are Not going to make alts anyway.  "Don't do this, it'll cause people to make more alts," but what... they aren't making Alts NOW?  You could look at this as a char-sink as well.  You wanna use drugs, then you'll have to make another lvl 21 alt for when you drive the other one into the ground.

There are some who really don't like to constantly have an alt for every little thing and try to stick to something.  And then there are those who breed like rabbits.  This won't change what anyone is, but will put an actual cost to using drugs to boost yourself above others.  In a pinch tactically, don't wanna lose that town, use your drugs.  But expect to pay for it in doing so, and I don't mean wealth.

-For your advantages, consequences.-
And now...

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 12:04:24 pm »

i do not think that powerbuilds is teh problem,i think is alting
i do not wanna start a war, bu i think that the players from big Factions(like The Rougs)have combat-druged base alts that have the same base, you play whit 1 for TC/PK, go at base, leave stuf there, log in whit other and w8 a day-2 for the adictions to ware off,in that time they play whit other alts.The big problem is not drugs but alting

I suggest 2 things:1. drugs will kill you periodacly for 3-4 game hours and the adictions will ware off from active playing hours, not RT hours
                        :2. make drugs ilegal and uncrafteble:easy, drugs means lack of originality,i can make a BG powerbuild whit LSW to kill every guard in NCR whitour taking    dmg,but i do not wanna

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 12:06:51 pm »

you forgot that some of them have bozars and plasma rifles as well as laser rifles...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 01:07:44 pm »

Drug should add small bonus to your char for short time (not for whole battle time)
If you use drug and drug effect is gone, you will have little penatly and you will not able to get more drug..

I.e.: fight in den, you start attack, you take jet, it will give  you + 2 AP in fight for one minute, then you will lost -1 AP for 2 minutes and you will not be able to take another jet for cca 5 minutes (it will not have any effect)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 18 queries.