"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 05:42:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Idea to nerf drugs, anti-powerbuilding  (Read 12523 times)

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
Re: Idea to nerf drugs, anti-powerbuilding
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

Drugs also should have immediate side effects, so you're not able to beef yourself up on Jet, Psycho, Mentats, Buffout, Nuka Colas and cigs all at the same time. Instead, they should be sorted by their effects and paired up, fe. Psycho should also reduce action points, while Jet would drop physical resistance. No long-term addictions should apply then, since drugs would be buffs usable by any character instead of powerbuilds. Lower drawbacks and less drugs used at the same time would make them more accessible to less hardcore players.

Plus, drugs should lower your max health for a duration longer than the first set of drawbacks(by a small amount), thus preventing people from running on drugs most of the time. The effect would stack naturally and if it would be a set amount, drugs would be no longer a tool for rich people to level up quickly aswell.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »

Use energy psycho or grenadier with plasma nades. If biggunner is wearing tesla, use long-range big gunner with a bazooka. Use range. PvP is now pretty well balanced, compared to what we had before.

you are so theoretical, go away from home and than, with more experience, give us real feedback ;)

Now its ok, dont swap it.

I like my psycho, double jets, double nukas, double cigars sniper build. But i like more that this, previous era, where this was not neccesary.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »

I still maintain a one-drug-only system would put the focus back on the character's build. Drugs would be a bonus, rather than a main part.

I mean, let's say you've just snorted cocaine. Is having a coffee really going to add to that?
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 05:39:46 pm »

Well  buffout is hardly OP, It's pretty useless for anything but upping your stats to get a profession so I don't know why you would start with that. Psycho is already well balanced, not all damage is physical and it cuts your range down to a bit more than melee and does nothing to prevent crippling or knockdown. Jet needs some nerfing as 6 ap is a lot. Usually that doubles how many shots you can fire(more or less) making you twice as effective as a non jet char.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 06:37:39 pm »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 06:55:17 pm »

Well  buffout is hardly OP, It's pretty useless for anything but upping your stats to get a profession so I don't know why you would start with that.

Buffout gives you +2 agility so if you have say... 7 agility and take two you get +2 action points, also it allows you to carry more loot, and with 10 Endurance from it sniper builds have a harder time taking you down and so does everything else in general.

Anyways I say leave minor drugs alone like nukas n cigs.

Although I want to say I agree drugs need a nerf I am also going to say with this system it will make everyone's drug builds useless
so all its going to do really is make ALOT of people pissed off and not really solve anything in the end as someone already said, there will be new drug builds eventually.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:59:23 pm »

Maybe we could add immediate side effects so drugs should be administrated by a doc or a medic to avoid these side effects. But it will become very complicated  :-\

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 07:05:38 pm »

Maybe we could add immediate side effects so drugs should be administrated by a doc or a medic to avoid these side effects. But it will become very complicated  :-\
Buuuuhhhwuuuut?

There are frikkin dumbasses everywhere with almost no medical knowledge shoving needles in their arms everyday and now in the wasteland you need a doctor to prevent the side effects?  :o
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Pozzo

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:23 pm »

Man this is the wastelands. Knowledge is more rare than guns :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 07:25:30 pm »

Man this is the wastelands. Knowledge is more rare than guns :)
There are frikkin dumbasses everywhere with almost no medical knowledge shoving needles in their arms everyday

:P

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:25 pm »

Pozzo, that would just lead to Medics running around applying drugs for everyone before combat. More alts, a lot of stupid micromanagement etc. It'd be cool if drug side effects could be eliminated by using some kind of medicine, sort of "flushing" the organism. This would make you weakened, but allow you to take another full dose. Because really, drugs aren't that bad - the only real problem with them is the fact that you can't play without breaks using them, which sort of screws up the dynamics and introduces rather silly tactics.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 07:29:03 pm »

as long as it doesnt change Jet, i dont mind changes...

Pozzo

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 07:37:32 pm »

Because really, drugs aren't that bad - the only real problem with them is the fact that you can't play without breaks using them, which sort of screws up the dynamics and introduces rather silly tactics.

Yes drugs aren't that bad. But I think they are overpowered because of high-tech stuff we can use in the game (tesla + psycho + jet ). Drugs are fun and I would like to see more kind of them in the game but it doesn't fit with high tier stuff.
So you propose to have some kind of cooldown for drugs ? For example after losing jet effect you have to wait 20-30 mins to take jet again. If you take jet before that time you have effects but you loose hp minute by minute (like a poison). Yes it could be good I guess.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 07:42:15 pm »

Yes drugs aren't that bad. But I think they are overpowered because of high-tech stuff we can use in the game (tesla + psycho + jet ). Drugs are fun and I would like to see more kind of them in the game but it doesn't fit with high tier stuff.

Yeah, I agree that tesla + psycho + jet is a nasty combo, but it can still be literally blown to pieces by 2 bazooka shots or even 2 normal BG on jet up close and the perception is awful. I don't think there's any overpowered build/equipment set right now.

So you propose to have some kind of cooldown for drugs ? For example after losing jet effect you have to wait 20-30 mins to take jet again. If you take jet before that time you have effects but you loose hp minute by minute (like a poison). Yes it could be good I guess.

No, I'd say that there shouldn't be any cooldown (the withdrawal we have is acting as cooldown anyway :/ ), because 20 minutes fighting, 20 minutes waiting for jet to go off is not as fun as 40 minutes fighting. Also, current drug mechanics encourage alting - it's faster to relog than to be able to fight again.

JovankaB

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »

I am also going to say with this system it will make everyone's drug builds useless

That's not a really valid argument, because such big change in drugs (or any other big change) could be made with the server wipe (like it usually happens anyway)...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:48:00 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.