"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 02:48:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question about weapon deterioration...  (Read 3201 times)

Question about weapon deterioration...
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:04:30 am »

I have two rifles. One has been used a lot but has been repaired back to 0 but has the tag "Has seen a few repairs". The other rifle is brand new and has never been used.

Are there any draw backs to the rifle that has been repaired compared to the rifle that has not been used. I'm talking damage wise. Does the repaired rifle not do as much dmg as the new one.

Thanks.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Question about weapon deterioration...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:17:52 am »

No it will be just as reliable as long as it doesn't get to 98% det.....

Its seen a few repairs just means it'll degrade faster.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Little tip about weapon deterioration...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:24:13 pm »

Hey, check this. Maybe you already knew, but im just sharing some free info, so... :P

Try this. For example. you have a 80% deteriorated hunting rifle and you say to yourself :"oh, sh**t"

Dont cry! Just craft a Scope (or look for someone who could craft it) and use your more damaged rifle with the scope. You will have a totally  useful and 0% degradated new weapon. (i dont know if you were talking about Huntig rifles but it also works with Assault rifles and expanded magacines.)

I hope you can use this info or share it too! ;)
Re: Little tip about weapon deterioration...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 01:51:24 pm »

Hey, check this. Maybe you already knew, but im just sharing some free info, so... :P

Try this. For example. you have a 80% deteriorated hunting rifle and you say to yourself :"oh, sh**t"

Dont cry! Just craft a Scope (or look for someone who could craft it) and use your more damaged rifle with the scope. You will have a totally  useful and 0% degradated new weapon. (i dont know if you were talking about Huntig rifles but it also works with Assault rifles and expanded magacines.)

I hope you can use this info or share it too! ;)

That may sound nice, but there's a drawback.
Those weapons deteriorate rapidly.
Re: Little tip about weapon deterioration...
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:04:46 pm »

That may sound nice, but there's a drawback.
Those weapons deteriorate rapidly.
No, if weapon got no break counts.
If this weapon is bought from NPC who generated it, or crafted, and it has high deterioration %, then you can upgrade it and have no problems with fast weapon deterioration.
If weapon was picked up from encounter or was repaired atleast once, then it'll have breake count(s), so it'll deteriorate faster, even after upgrade.

So, if you've crafter your own weapon, then it became >90% deteriorated, you can upgrade it to scoped hunting rifle/assault rifle (ex. mag.)/deagle (ex. mag.)/fast reloaded magnum revolver/laser rifle (ex. mag.)/FNFAL HPFA/etc. and it'll deteriorate with the same speed as before, because it hasn't been repaired yet.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 04:15:14 pm »

Guys, get some informations before you talk :p

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Deterioration
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:22:18 pm »

Guys, get some informations before you talk :p

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Deterioration
So what? ;p
Everything I said is true. ;p
Btw wiki lacks this:

Items after upgrading leaves it's break count, so it'll deteriorate with the same speed and have penalty to thier price at vendor. So upgrading weapon from encounters/broken weapon will cause only resource wasting, because you'll get more caps by selling this broken/deteriorated weapon and resources separately.

And:
Be careful when buying upgraded weapon from players, they can see to you Laser Rifle (Ext. Cap.) which was made from broken million times old shitty laser rifle, and it'll deteriorate with every shot and cost few caps at vendor. So you would kill that player after that everytime you meet him at NCR selling these rifles.

Edit:
Any if possible to save borken counts after upgrading an item, why don't devs want to save deterioration too?
Because crafter upgradable items have two lifes, and it causes to act unnormal, because first you need to get your deagle to 90%+ deterioration, and only then upgrade it to exp. mag., so it'll become 0% again. I understood that, if it was impossible/hard to code to make to save deterioration of old item, but if broken counts are saved, then deterioration can be too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:29:27 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

hmm so if i repair a almost broken assault rifle into an AR with an Extended cap; brining it down to 0%... this actually means that it will deteriorate 2x quicker then if I used a brand new guy?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:07:45 pm »

hmm so if i repair a almost broken assault rifle into an AR with an Extended cap; brining it down to 0%... this actually means that it will deteriorate 2x quicker then if I used a brand new guy?
Didn't totally understood what you meant, but:
Deterioration = nothing when you upgrading your weapon.
Broken count = the only thing that affects speed of weapon deterioration.

So, it's better to you to sell almost broken <=99% deterioration items to vendor, than repair it and sell, because with broken count it'll lose it's worth.
And it's better DO NOT repair an item before upgrade it, you'll get 0% det item anyway, but if you'll repair it, it'll have on 1 broken counter more, so it'll deteriorate faster.

Total:
Use repair only if you have repair alt with uber repair skill who can critically repair an item without making it "seems like it seen few repairs" (I did it only once with 120% repair, tools in hands, and I repaired "looks little broken" 10mm pistol).
Use repair if this weapon isn't upgradable and >100% deteriotation and you want to use it, if you want to sell it, better sell without repairing.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 04:38:46 pm »

And it's better DO NOT repair an item before upgrade it, you'll get 0% det item anyway, but if you'll repair it, it'll have on 1 broken counter more, so it'll deteriorate faster.

I dont understand. brokenCount counter should be increased only in case of 100% deterioration, so if you have never repaired item with 99% deterioration, and repair it sucessfully to 0% deterioration, brokenCount counter should be still 0. So if you repair your item regularly, rate of deterioration should be same as when item was new.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »

I dont understand. brokenCount counter should be increased only in case of 100% deterioration, so if you have never repaired item with 99% deterioration, and repair it sucessfully to 0% deterioration, brokenCount counter should be still 0. So if you repair your item regularly, rate of deterioration should be same as when item was new.
Broken count is when you repair your weapon and doesn't get 40 XP for it (critical success).
So repairing an item before it gets 100% deterioration is a waste.

For example your CA is 20% deteriorated. You repaired it and now it's 0% but seen few repairs, so 0% and has 1 break count.
Your CA is 100% deteriorated, gives 0 DT/DR, you're wearing it just for fun. You repaired it to 0%, now it's 0% and has 1 break count.
So, the only difference is repairing an armor from 100% to 0% requires repair alt (or high repair skill), when from 20% to 0% doesn't... almost. Also critical success is of couse possible mosty only on repair alts.

So repair item only if you want to use it, and only if it's totally broken and unusable. OR if you have good repair alt who's repairing everything to 0% without adding to it break count.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »

Broken count is when you repair your weapon and doesn't get 40 XP for it (critical success).
So repairing an item before it gets 100% deterioration is a waste.

For example your CA is 20% deteriorated. You repaired it and now it's 0% but seen few repairs, so 0% and has 1 break count.
Your CA is 100% deteriorated, gives 0 DT/DR, you're wearing it just for fun. You repaired it to 0%, now it's 0% and has 1 break count.
So, the only difference is repairing an armor from 100% to 0% requires repair alt (or high repair skill), when from 20% to 0% doesn't... almost. Also critical success is of couse possible mosty only on repair alts.

So repair item only if you want to use it, and only if it's totally broken and unusable. OR if you have good repair alt who's repairing everything to 0% without adding to it break count.
So if I understand it right, when I have a weapon with 80% deterioration, and I will be repairing it in 4 steps: 80% => 60% => 40% => 20% => 0%, it will have 4 broken count then?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 06:44:57 pm »

So if I understand it right, when I have a weapon with 80% deterioration, and I will be repairing it in 4 steps: 80% => 60% => 40% => 20% => 0%, it will have 4 broken count then?
Yes.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 09:04:55 am »

i have 180 repair skill and a little plasma pistol.
ive repaired it maaaaany times even if det was 1% (once a gun exloded in my hands with 15% det,,, so im afraid :P)

its "seen a few repairs" and has 0%, but the price in batrer is same... deterioration is rising relatively in the same speed
the 'critical repair' from my experience is only possible when a gun is broken some how (det 100)

i dont see why a minor repair marks as a break down - thats stupid, it should be like cleanig a gun after i shoot some bastards so it wont get jammed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.