"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:59:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need advice on getting a personal base.  (Read 3852 times)

Re: Need advice on getting a personal base.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 03:44:25 pm »

Or buy a private mine in NCR, they are near Redding.
Of course, you won't get a crafting bench, but a 75K worth of a tent with 1K low resources and a TABLE!

but that table is a pretty good deal

how long will a private mine last till they are deteled they work the same as tents ?
Wasteland radio phone number: 52822

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 04:29:18 pm »

but that table is a pretty good deal

how long will a private mine last till they are deteled they work the same as tents ?

Last time i checked, you can't use this table as a workbench. (what would be great)
And you can't invite anyone, just transport followers.

If you mine alone, you could get 500 Minerals and 500 Iron Ore or 200 Minerals and 800 Iron Ore, etc. After the resources are depleted, the location will remain, i think.
Otherwise, it's basically your second own location besides of a tent with a tool shack, and a water pump as the extra. There's Gecko Mine-sized maze inside the mine, which you could use for PvP training.

Not such a great investition ATM, if you ask me.

Don't know if the game deletes the old mine if you buy new one.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:45:21 pm by Alvarez »

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 05:26:08 pm »

Hmm. only 1000 minerals/ore? Comes out to $60,000. So I guess you're paying $15,000 for the pump and tool shack. No workbench is two thumbs way down.

Do you know if the abandoned mines are any different if bought from different mining sites? Ex. NCR versus Junktown, San fran, Klamath?

Alvarez

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 05:38:35 pm »

Hmm. only 1000 minerals/ore? Comes out to $60,000. So I guess you're paying $15,000 for the pump and tool shack. No workbench is two thumbs way down.

Do you know if the abandoned mines are any different if bought from different mining sites? Ex. NCR versus Junktown, San fran, Klamath?

I wish i had that much money to test it out.
I bought mine in NCR, it turned out it's in Redding, i guess they are placed either randomly or far away from the buying place.
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 08:01:33 pm »

Nope i let him kill me in the base after he gives me the money

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 01:47:07 pm »

Hire me and Ill guard You! ( I Wont backstab fucking K33L# Youre ass and take the monies, Promise :3)
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 02:56:54 am »

So uh, all my questions were answered. But I'd certainly would like you to go on, sharing yer fancy info about mines and the other stuff. Also making this post an underline for the phrase "BASES AND MINES SUCK A LOT OF BALLS CURRENTLY" so maybe devs will notice.

Did I mention that once I touched a hairy boob?

PERSONAL BASES SHOULD NEVER DEPLETE. PLAYERS SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY ON THAT STUFF FOR IT TO JUST FART AND DIE EVENTUALLY.
Didn't, got killed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »

You don't need to write everything in caps, we understand you good enough without them.

To the depleting: If everyone would have such a base sooner or later and the minerals don't deplete, no one would go to the public mines anymore. If you don't want to spend lots of caps for a private mine - then don't buy them.

Alvarez

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »

So uh, all my questions were answered. But I'd certainly would like you to go on, sharing yer fancy info about mines and the other stuff. Also making this post an underline for the phrase "BASES AND MINES SUCK A LOT OF BALLS CURRENTLY" so maybe devs will notice.

Did I mention that once I touched a hairy boob?

PERSONAL BASES SHOULD NEVER DEPLETE. PLAYERS SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY ON THAT STUFF FOR IT TO JUST FART AND DIE EVENTUALLY.

Who the fuck talks about "private bases"? More one - if you want undepletable private mine, get 500000 caps, pay good to some immobility guys up to convoy you to Necropolis, take the quest and buy a bunker, the immobility guys leave the faction, paid and satisfied. Then you have a "private base" to mine.

Also, ranting about hairy boobs and what the shit wouldn't change anything. So get used to it, or wait for the SDK and start learning Angelscript, so you can get your own FOnline with Blackjack and hookers.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

Uh-oh. I mean "MINES".
Didn't, got killed.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 06:04:12 pm »

What is the total amount of ore and minerals that can't be obtained from a personal mine? It should be quite enough to justify those painful 75000 caps. I get the idea that they run out pretty quick.
Didn't, got killed.

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 08:21:50 pm »

What is the total amount of ore and minerals that can't be obtained from a personal mine? It should be quite enough to justify those painful 75000 caps. I get the idea that they run out pretty quick.

Dude, you really need to read the replies that people put. Scroll up and you'll find your answer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:57:56 pm by Retrogator »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.