"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 10:38:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Food and water  (Read 11818 times)

Food and water
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »

What about making it so that players have to consume food and water or else risk reduced stats/skills until they consume? Not sure if this would work with the game engine-- but I have read before that it was a consideration for Fallout 2 that was never implemented. It would add an additional challenge to the game as well as make it viable to have other in game options, such as investing in bars or Bob's business. Plus it would introduce another avenue of making money by trade-- perhaps players with high science can convert dirty water to clear water and so on. If something like that were implemented players could also buy moisture farms in order to 'harvest' water-- and sell water to towns or other players. Thoughts?

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Food and water
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:31:09 pm »

I would say - this will destroy alting - but it wont be inplemented ever on Faction mod server (which needs alts to working in normal pvp in there)

If it would be normal server (not only pvp) there can be a chance to get this idea implemented - thats all from me

And something - meat should be took from Geckos , Brahmins or other animals - even rats :P

Water could be taken of new encounter type (as i saw near Klamath Falls) or from the city- for pay 5 - 10 caps - of course Hub and NCR would have clean water - but not Vault city (cuz gecko's plant makes it baaad)
h
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:48:50 pm »

this idea sucks

we have all ways of stupid clicking already, we dont need any moar
life goes on...
JayDoom

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:51:57 pm »

I would say - this will destroy alting

nothing bad in destroying alting... it is bad feature... powerplayers with dozens of imaginary friends sucks  :P
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:56:34 pm »

Hmm - and Hub's Water Caravan - new quests - new missions/ mercs /items to do by Developers - i would better buy my own server and have my own forum (but i don have cash) Also we will need some noabs - newbies , old playerz Xoen Cow etc etc......
h
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 06:58:18 pm »

"Sucks" means it makes the game more of a challenge-- which in my opinion is good. :P

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »

It doesnt matter because when you die you'll just come back, basically:

"Oh shit Im low on water and im REALLY thirsy, I might die soon, better go put my stuff in tent and wait for my replication with all the water I need."

And Surely you don't mean that you also lose water even if your not online?  If you do this idea would fail anywyas, wait for Fallout Vegas.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:11:57 pm »

This has been sugggested before.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:13:02 pm »

This has been sugggested before.

Thats one hell of a time ago :P

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »

This suggestion seems like it would just make the game seem like chore, having to make sure your character is always well-fed, having to hunt stupid critter to get food, while you could be using that ammo to actually do fun stuff, like fighting other players.

On the other hand, having food be another HP item would be fine. Being able to prepare food as an alternative to crafting drugs would be nice. But not any of this "if I don't give my character enough food, he'll die" ideas. That will just take the from this game, and it isn't a simulation game, it's main focus is on combat, not making sure my character has enough sleep and eats well.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:46 pm »

Yeah, but are you going to want to die everytime you are thirsty and hungry? Just saying it would help the in game economy some as well as add an additional challenge to the game.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

Ok, ok... I can see people are more worried about having their pvp builds and alts fragged than surviving the wastes. :P

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »

Just because there is not enough content YET does not mean that 2238 is based on combat rather than survival...  ::)
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 12:52:13 pm »

Just because there is not enough content YET does not mean that 2238 is based on combat rather than survival...  ::)

Absolutely true.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »

This idea could work if food would be only for hp recovery purpose AND if stimpacks (basic ones) would become very rare. So we can be various kind of food (with different hp recovery) for trade.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.