"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 10:15:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need advice on getting a personal base.  (Read 3860 times)

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
Need advice on getting a personal base.
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:36:14 am »

So uh. Yeah. I've been saving money to get meselves a fancy underground lair. But I'm oh-so-scared to go into dem towns, risking my überloot and dignified boot. What should I do to buy a base, particularly from the Redding trader? I could go to Junktown... but I dig the economy up here near them fancy Klamath and Redding mines.

Go crazy, tell me whatcha know and what ye thinks best.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:39:10 am by Archaeon_dude »
Didn't, got killed.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Need advice on getting a personal base.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:47:56 am »

Your fucked, plain and simple ;D.

Gotta risk it if you want one of them bases round dem mines ye hear?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 05:55:38 am »

Arrr! I hear ye... THEN THEY SHALL CHOKE ON MY... uh.
Didn't, got killed.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 06:00:37 am »

But as a warning: 

READ CAREFULL:

"To buy a base you must have a number of three other players, they must be tagged to your char, and they must be within following range, only then can you buy the base as long as you have the caps."
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 06:05:33 am »

Sheeeeeee-it. But I dun wanna have to deposit my trust in an untrustable, smelly and horrible human being like me!
Yilkes. It seems like I'm to develop the best coordinated alting in the history of the world!

Did I let that slip?
Didn't, got killed.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 06:57:40 am »

lol getting your own personal base is a big pain in the ass, you will need friends. Sorry man but you can't legittely do this solo. Maybe you can buy a base from a gang? Might work but you can't trust most players unfortunately.

If you do happen to be ready to make your own base and have a way to do it then I will give you the best advice I can: Have a gang name ready that is not taken. Spelt correctly case sensitive. We had to go throught about 5 names until we found one that wasn't taken. Imagine the pressure we felt! "Fuck its taken!, Shit pick another, how about this one. Taken!. Fuck"  So check the list that shows the available faction names that aren't taken, i believe the post is called Faction Names. Anyways,

Me and my buds did this in klamath and got a 35k base a LONG time ago, we got lucky however and showed up along with another gang who happened to be cool and provide us cover while we bought the base. Lucky us. But no one gets lucky everytime. Soooooooo find a town. Scope it out for a while with Town Preview (Bottom right corner of the screen.) that shows you a screenshot of whats around the exits of the city, but its not real time. So click it and refresh it alot. Once your confident its empty go in and get your base. I recommend doing this at night tho... hmm I am in like -5 gmt so night time for me is like an empty wasteland past 12:30am it goes dead. Ncr is empty and shit too :P  so that is when I recommend buying a base. Do the math with your time zone and mine and make sure its roughly around past midnight -5 gmt. Thats your best chance at finding a safe unguarded town.

Well good luck!

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 07:22:18 am »

Now that is what I call "SOME HELPFUL STUFF". Thanx a lot, bud.
Didn't, got killed.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 07:22:52 am »

The whole base buying system is a totally shit , and its the fairest comment i can think of.

Suggestion: Prepare twice or tripe amount of money, cos definitely you will get killed when

1) Selecting the base name. The name list available is painfully never get updated.
2) talking with rubbish npc, or not ----cos the smart Game Developer failed to fix the bug of barter window disappearing. So you will get easily killed with thousands of caps when trying to log off and on.  

Good luck to you, i give up already. Enjoy the FunOops when being stupidly killed;)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 07:23:11 am »

The whole base buying system is a totally shit , and its the fairest comment i can think of.

Suggestion: Prepare twice or tripe amount of money, cos definitely you will get killed when

1) Selecting the base name. The name list available is painfully never get updated.
2) talking with rubbish npc, or not ----cos the smart Game Developer failed to fix the bug of barter window disappearing. So you will get easily killed with thousands of caps when trying to log off and on. 

Good luck to you, i give up already. Enjoy the FunOops when being stupidly killed;)

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 07:46:14 am »

D: And to think my perspective of the matter was so optimistic!
Didn't, got killed.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 10:59:59 am »

I'll help you get a base, once you get your own caps. My group just got its own, so we're all feeling pretty chill. Maybe someone else in my group will help, too.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »

I could sell my base to you fro 20k its a cave and its near modoc a perfect spot.Pm me if you want.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:36 pm »

I could sell my base to you fro 20k its a cave and its near modoc a perfect spot.Pm me if you want.

Yeah, and you still see "his" base after you sold it.  ::)
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

Use sneak to go undetected, or give a GM your monies to buy it for you.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 03:28:15 pm »

Or buy a private mine in NCR, they are near Redding.
Of course, you won't get a crafting bench, but a 75K worth of a tent with 1K low resources and a TABLE!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.