"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:50:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 'Slavers Guild' entrance is being blocked.  (Read 2850 times)

JeDDyD

• Wasteland Warrior
'Slavers Guild' entrance is being blocked.
« on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:30 am »

Just as the title reads, the entrance to the Slavers Guild building (in the Den) is being blocked by two mercenaries and pushing them does nothing, are these sorts of tactics allowed?

I want to enter the building to be able to complete the quest for Lil Jesus Mordino of New Reno but alas, there is no way to enter the building to talk to Metzger...

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: 'Slavers Guild' entrance is being blocked.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:04:37 am »

Fixed.

Just as the title reads, the entrance to the Slavers Guild building (in the Den) is being blocked by two mercenaries and pushing them does nothing, are these sorts of tactics allowed?

It isn't. All militia used to block doors to town leaders already was and will be killed without warning until it will be fixed. Besides, i am not sure if we should use word "tactic" here.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:20:45 am »

Fixed.

It isn't. All militia used to block doors to town leaders already was and will be killed without warning until it will be fixed. Besides, i am not sure if we should use word "tactic" here.
As much as I hate to say it but isn't that a little.... wierd?

I mean if you wanna keep a player from your town Leader by blocking isn't that... kinda normal?  I mean if they wanna get in they can try and kill them, its not impossible or anything...  I mean think of Bouncers of a building, if the boss says dont let em in, they're gonna block the door.

Dammit.. I don't even do TC and I'm defending this shit...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:37:56 am »

As much as I hate to say it but isn't that a little.... wierd?

I mean if you wanna keep a player from your town Leader by blocking isn't that... kinda normal?  I mean if they wanna get in they can try and kill them, its not impossible or anything...  I mean think of Bouncers of a building, if the boss says dont let em in, they're gonna block the door.

Dammit.. I don't even do TC and I'm defending this shit...

So basically you want to allow blocking Metzger quest -> joining Raiders -> making SG[3] proffesion for whole server cos ~10 players want to get some caps and entry in PipBoy?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

JeDDyD

• Wasteland Warrior
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:52:38 am »

Fixed.

Thanks heaps ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 05:53:54 am »

So basically you want to allow blocking Metzger quest -> joining Raiders -> making SG[3] proffesion for whole server cos ~10 players want to get some caps and entry in PipBoy?
Maybe make another npc give the quest?

I mean surely Metzger has ranking men to do this shit for him?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

RJ

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:53:00 am »

It's because of newbs or rather noobs that visit Metzger building and can't move their ass out of doorway to let militia go first - observed many times.

"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 03:00:57 pm »

If you want this feature accessible to all , I suggest to put a Npc at Vortis that enable it, easy.
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 03:35:14 pm »

Up this topic because this is the same issue : local militia is in the way to metzger and this is still not possible to move them away (non-violently i mean ;) ).

Is this possible to solve this please ?

Thxs
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »

It happened to me yesterday. Someone is exploiting here..

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »

try to push them away, 3 or 4 times, if that don´t works,
send "+requesthelp (and your text)" in game and probaly a gm will burn them away.
justice! and spam..

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

try to push them away, 3 or 4 times, if that don´t works,
send "+requesthelp (and your text)" in game and probaly a gm will burn them away.
justice! and spam..

Nah they're completely wedged in, doesn't matter which one you punch none of them will budge just gotta wait until a gm gets on.
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:44:37 pm »

I'll take care of that. It is very easy for us to see if the militias are blocking the path on purpose, or because or some sort of bug. If it is on purpose, we of course don't solve the problem the same way we do if it's due to a bug.

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:48:07 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 04:51:47 pm »

Thank you for helping us out

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:23 am »

I'll take care of that. It is very easy for us to see if the militias are blocking the path on purpose, or because or some sort of bug. If it is on purpose, we of course don't solve the problem the same way we do if it's due to a bug.

Edit: Done.

Not purpose (probably, even if it's exploitable), in fact, when i buy militia, I am very often blocked INSIDE because of militia and have to kill one to be able to get out. It's because when they move, if they are blocked by a player/the door close at the same time, they will be bugged and won't move even if pushed. Very annoying.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.