"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trade/Barter timeouts not good.  (Read 3482 times)

Trade/Barter timeouts not good.
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:45:45 pm »

The trade/barter timeouts is not a good idea imo. I tried to trade in a near deserted town San Francisco, and tried to sell bunch of stuff to trader, having to micro-manage what u want to sell and what u want from the trader in the alloted time given is insane. After more than 3 tries I cant trade anymore with any trader, even traders from other towns? Is this a bug or a feature? In this way, the game is actually forcing people not to trade, but to craft and than find the npc with the most caps and go do a simple trade which would be faster and within the time limits.

Example, I will save a bunch of BB's than go find trader with bunch of caps and juz do this simple trade. While traders with lots of junk in their inventory will get overlook.
Re: Trade/Barter timeouts not good.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:05:23 pm »

Yeah i had the same happen to me it's stupid they should only limit the amount of time you can speak to them as the time taken for that is usually constant for each player.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:53:04 pm »

You can use several ways to restart the timer during a transaction, because it restarts after any successful offer. Do your shopping in 2-3 offers, instead of 1 too long. Good luck )

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »

The trade/barter timeouts is not a good idea imo. I tried to trade in a near deserted town San Francisco, and tried to sell bunch of stuff to trader, having to micro-manage what u want to sell and what u want from the trader in the alloted time given is insane. After more than 3 tries I cant trade anymore with any trader, even traders from other towns? Is this a bug or a feature? In this way, the game is actually forcing people not to trade, but to craft and than find the npc with the most caps and go do a simple trade which would be faster and within the time limits.

Example, I will save a bunch of BB's than go find trader with bunch of caps and juz do this simple trade. While traders with lots of junk in their inventory will get overlook.

Its a bug I guess. It happens when you run out of time twice. If you want to barter again you need to restart the client. And while trading if you have a couple of seconds left you can always hit ESC and start barter again, also increase your barter skill and barter time will be LOOOOOOOOOOONG :)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:48 pm »

Yah but why make barter time long with increase in barter skill? Isnt barter skill support to get you a better barter deal instead? You go out to shop to buy something in a shop, does the shop have a timer for the questions u ask before u make a purchase? Its more like you using your negotiation skills to get a discount from the shop! So how is this so different in Fonline 2238?

I still dont understand the reason designing this in this game? Maybe Developers or GM can share their insights further....

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:54 pm »

Why is the timer?
1:
50 players bartering with the same vendor. You want to sell shotgun for caps. Clicking to barter - and there is no caps = no exchange. You need to start again, and again and again, because sth you want to buy is already sold
thats why only 2 players can barter at the same time

2:
and then, if only 2pl can barter so we don't want to wait for possibility of barter when one person enter bartering and go for example for a dinner

Rise your barter skill.
Sell things first for some ammo or even rocks (if there is no caps) and then sell that for what you want
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 06:02:07 pm »

To C47,

Than set a standard time for it max 2-3mins for trading with trader since only 1 person can trade with trader at a time. Than make the barter skill to get better deal from trader, not this current situation where u alway in a rush to do a trade or increase your barter skill which I dont think anyone does anyway cuz it juz a waste of skill pts.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

Current 30-second system only promotes a barter alt.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »

Why I don't have problems with bartering even in alts with 1 charisma (there are for example 2 vendors in NCR trading with characters like that) and very small bartering?!

Why you want to sell 100 items in one time or want to have everywhere big ammount of caps to trade? It's part of a game. If you don't want to trade to don't need to. You can kill caravans, patrols etc and loot them to have ammo, weapons, stimpacs etc.

And what's wrong with barter alts? I don't have any but if someone wants it so why not, bartering will be simpler for you?

little edit:
Bartering skill isn't just for extending a bartering time. You have better prices too.
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:01:38 am »

little edit:
Bartering skill isn't just for extending a bartering time. You have better prices too.
only with vendors that dont deal with a good your trying to sell.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 12:07:38 am »

guys u dont get it, this mechanism is a turn-off for new people coming into the game. Also the timeouts is not helping casual players that cant make barter alts(cuz they r new to this game). I agree that there should be a timeout for bartering with traders, but not this crazy 30secs thingy that increases with barter skill!

The argument about being self sufficient by farming mobs to get the stuff u need, than why do we need traders at all, juz scrap them, and let the players do the barter trade amongst themselves.... than u have the power players with all their alts, so they are self sufficient, so the noobs get shafted again....
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 12:08:49 am »

Current 30-second system only promotes a barter alt.

with the new filters its really easy to do your shopping in under 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:36:17 am by Roachor »

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:25 am »

Timer is there so people don't grief by keeping the barter window open and leaving their computer.
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:09 am »

Really the Default barter time should be at least 1 min so that players can have a look at what the traderrs have in return for their items. With one trader in Vault City I clicked and held the down button to scroll through his items and I didnt even get through all his items by the time 30 secs were up so that makes this timer look even more stupid. Yes they should have a timer to stop people going off and doing something else whilst the trade is going but for gods sake it can't be that short otherwise its just going to keep driving players away from this game.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 10:40:37 am »

Really the Default barter time should be at least 1 min so that players can have a look at what the traderrs have in return for their items. With one trader in Vault City I clicked and held the down button to scroll through his items and I didnt even get through all his items by the time 30 secs were up so that makes this timer look even more stupid. Yes they should have a timer to stop people going off and doing something else whilst the trade is going but for gods sake it can't be that short otherwise its just going to keep driving players away from this game.

Just put one cap on your trade menu and when the timer is about to run out, then give him the 1 cap and it will re-new your timer.  I think the time should be extended, but it's a decent solution in the meantime.
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 27 queries.