"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:24:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An alternative to Doctor in Turn-based  (Read 1212 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
An alternative to Doctor in Turn-based
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:12:23 pm »

Okay, so since the last wipe, you couldn't use First Aid or Doctor in turn-based combat, for obvious reason that the cooldown should have only applied to real-time, etc.

But, of course, there are alternatives to First Aid you can use now. Stimpaks and Super Stimpaks are great to use now in Turn-based. But there isn't any alternative for Doctor. If you get your limp torn off in Turn-based, there is no way to fix it until combat ends, which, by then, it might not matter because you are dead.

My suggestion is to make some sort of way to use Doctor in Turn-based, or, and this would make more sense, have a way to use an item, just like First-Aid items, that have the chance to fix a body part based on your Doctor skill.

This item could be crafted with the Doctor profession, and it could allow Doctor to be available the same way First Aid now is in combat, but it wouldn't get rid of the Doctor skill for those who could just afford these items, because it would still require your Doctor skill to use correctly, maybe with a little boost. These things could be adjusted, but the basic concept still could be implemented in some way, I hope.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

C47

• DeviantArt
Re: An alternative to Doctor in Turn-based
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 03:04:00 pm »

what about doctors bag?
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:27:03 pm »

Devs said, they're going to enable TB FA/doc once turn-based cooldowns are supported. Which means that instead of the seconds, the "CD" will be turns.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:43 pm »

Umm how about like it was in fallout 2, when there was meltdown, I think it was 1 AP = 3 seconds, that would make a wonderful way to delete the useless and bring in the useful!   :) Whad'ya say?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.