"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 10:54:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Harshing the nonharsh.  (Read 7288 times)

Menempo

• Keigoris
Re: Harshing the nonharsh.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 11:44:23 pm »

THIS IS MY OPINIONS!

I am against the idea of the restart to level 1 after Death, Making this game "too" Hardcore will kill it. If you want a Restart to level 1 after Death , then make your own dedicated Hardcore server. This is all.

Theres no reason to whine about being a low level all the time, the reason why there's so many low level its because peoples dosen't want to work together, and also dosen't want to do anything they just wait for other peoples to get high level then exploit stuff to get their stuff. Doing so is, No Exp , Countless waste of time and also making the game poor. Theres a big lack of creativity , just look at the massive amounts of thieves in the game.

Look there's plenty of ways to level fast, like daily quest like Dogs of LA or Ants quest at San Francisco, both of these quest have a moderate but handfull reward.

Perhaps the biggest problem might be because many players dosen't understand English and thats why they relay on grinding mobs with stolen weaponries.

And the Wasteland dosen't need to get harsher as its already as mean as hell since theres no law.

Imprezobus imaginate that a gang dominate the server and they are all levels 21.... and they Dominate like BIG PKs and they try to make sure that no other players get some levels by killing them. Think of this.

Like some said and i said... making the game too Harshes will result in peoples getting tired of it faster at least 10 times more faster.

AND a big Notice.....  I noticed that FOnline 2238 is the kind of game that require a strong cooperation tactic... alone its hard.. but when you work in team its getting fun and easier and theres waaaay more action then being alone. Its cool that you are an RP player but please peoples for the love of the Brahmin god! don't point yourself in a Town that is currently under TC you get killed because SOME believe that you are a spy of some rival factions and don't come under the single motivation of "Looting Like a Vulture" it won't work. If you want to get involved try contacting a Faction leader on the IRC or simply form up a gang with peoples that you trusts. The best way to RP in the wasteland is Gang RP heh i know its sounds funny but its like an insurrance.

And don't Forget.... North Towns = PVP    South Towns = Training Towns

If the devs could add more quests with excellent reward in the South Towns it would better the gaming and more quest like the Tanker Quest from Klamath in the south it would make the game more interactive.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2iiwffo.jpg
Keigoris - "So what?! I'm a Deathclaw in human disguise! that dosen't mean i cannot be an addict to nuka cola!"

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 12:07:11 am »

THIS IS MY OPINIONS!

I am against the idea of the restart to level 1 after Death, Making this game "too" Hardcore will kill it. If you want a Restart to level 1 after Death , then make your own dedicated Hardcore server. This is all.

Theres no reason to whine about being a low level all the time, the reason why there's so many low level its because peoples dosen't want to work together, and also dosen't want to do anything they just wait for other peoples to get high level then exploit stuff to get their stuff. Doing so is, No Exp , Countless waste of time and also making the game poor. Theres a big lack of creativity , just look at the massive amounts of thieves in the game.

Look there's plenty of ways to level fast, like daily quest like Dogs of LA or Ants quest at San Francisco, both of these quest have a moderate but handfull reward.

Perhaps the biggest problem might be because many players dosen't understand English and thats why they relay on grinding mobs with stolen weaponries.

And the Wasteland dosen't need to get harsher as its already as mean as hell since theres no law.

Imprezobus imaginate that a gang dominate the server and they are all levels 21.... and they Dominate like BIG PKs and they try to make sure that no other players get some levels by killing them. Think of this.

Like some said and i said... making the game too Harshes will result in peoples getting tired of it faster at least 10 times more faster.

AND a big Notice.....  I noticed that FOnline 2238 is the kind of game that require a strong cooperation tactic... alone its hard.. but when you work in team its getting fun and easier and theres waaaay more action then being alone. Its cool that you are an RP player but please peoples for the love of the Brahmin god! don't point yourself in a Town that is currently under TC you get killed because SOME believe that you are a spy of some rival factions and don't come under the single motivation of "Looting Like a Vulture" it won't work. If you want to get involved try contacting a Faction leader on the IRC or simply form up a gang with peoples that you trusts. The best way to RP in the wasteland is Gang RP heh i know its sounds funny but its like an insurrance.

And don't Forget.... North Towns = PVP    South Towns = Training Towns

If the devs could add more quests with excellent reward in the South Towns it would better the gaming and more quest like the Tanker Quest from Klamath in the south it would make the game more interactive.

Yeah, Imprezobus' idea is just a sketch of what he would like to discuss, balance, brainstorm...

Ok. I somehow feel that would be good, really, its not like one gang will become powerfull and other gangs will be lvl 1's. There would be alliances and to be honest? Everyone would die anyway, so lvl 21 is really much considering they would get to lvl 1 or loss exp in any case, so that factions would be varied, and no its not about doing quests, its about TC and shit. More people would participate in TC... THe thing is there wouldnt be lvl 21 in one gang and lvl 10-15 in others just every gang would have varied lvls in their gang.

More hp and less high end weapons would mean you would really need to want to die to actually die.... Thats the point, more tactics more variety, more dynamics involving everyone to TC - real gaming.

Imprezobus I thought about something. High-end weapons/armors would be obtainable after meeting lvl requirement that way big factions wouldnt dominate all time, so that youd need to hunt with mauser anyway ;). Maybe minigun, LSW should be lvl 12+ (just an idea), other weapons armors appropriately
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 12:08:10 am »

Restarting at level 1 isn't a good solution, but your right, there has to be a disadvantage when you die. I guess the developers have the same opinion, some of you might remember "the hell". :D

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 12:12:48 am »

Restarting at level 1 isn't a good solution, but your right, there has to be a disadvantage when you die. I guess the developers have the same opinion, some of you might remember "the hell". :D

The hell was (and still is) on TLA, which haven't the same dev team.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:24 am »

Prepare yourself,  I may have to make a new suggestion all together but...

Although I see where you are coming from, I am an older Fallout Fan (not old FOnline) and am much more interested in quality RP and PtP interaction combined with diversely balanced combat system (weapon weakness/strengths)  Right now its instant kill if you look away for 5sec at the wrong time.

Instead of restarting to lvl 1 when you die... I could see implementing cloning vats (images already available).  Charge about 2000 caps perhaps raising the cost for higher lvls (1k+ each lvl?)  Could say themely that you're charging more for the extended cloning process for older characters by taking into consideration their excessive physical or mental attributes.  More of a balance issue simply to make the game easier for n00bz and harder for pr0z.

Perhaps in the future there could be 2 or 3 tiers of players (or whole worlds).   1st being basic, normal slightly gimped.  2nd is my personal favorite, standard which would be more RP encouraged/focused requiring a brief history of your character which you would base your actions off of (no major hassel from admins checking you unless you are a key RPer who is hurting the RP atmosphere by ignoring your own characters background).  This would be extremely short, I am thinking 2 paragraphs, similar to what you would see when you recruit someone in fallout Tactics although there it was rather pointless, here it would be simply something for you to base your standpoint when RPing (interacting with players).
3rd, hardcore.  No clones.  (I don't know how much fun that is, just isn't quite my style too easy to go wrong as a pothead.)

Although I am a Fallout Fan (not to mention post apocalyptic/cyberpunk), I do not really care for the overall atmosphere here on FOnline which seems flooded with oversimplified EXP whores who belong on WoW since they must have forgotten the roots of Fallout which was in fact a true RPG

Sorry for the wall of text, it may seem a bit much but I come from a game which revolved around written theme/RP and developing your own storyline and playing it out with a complex yet balanced system (don't ask about the graphics)

Back on topic, with the cloning system you would also enjoy the new clone-failure possibility which means your stats/skills or new disadvantages could appear due to excessive cloning (nothing is perfect, after all).  This would not only eliminate rampant suicide bombers and ridiculous rich powergamers from raping the game to the point of causing the average player to giving up... it would mean you learn to appreciate your life since we all know the caps just never is enough.  Money is worthless unless there is a limit to it, as usual.

There is a large lack of creativity on the players part in this game and it is sad.  Problem is there is no requirement, encouragement or even much incentive to do so unless it is a completely personal mission (as I do, except I must whore myself to the point of being able to do so 1st, no its not fun)

Fast exp is a real shit way of improving the game, it would again oversimplify the game and only diminish variety, if anything it should be slower.

Faction vs Faction interaction should be a constant issue, allies, enemies, neutrality agreements.  Allowing them to track each others bases (only from your base?  by using the computer after sending a distress call from your factions designated radio channel? something)  Recon, infiltrate, back stab? :)

Surprisingly, I enjoy the harshness of any game, its more of a hardcore competition that would otherwise be too easy to be fun.  I actually believe the key to improving the game might actually make it more harsh but I would actually remove repetitive and utterly childish ridiculously out of theme WoW bullshit.  (Lots of lame shit goes on, constant random PKs for absolutely no reason other than complete paranoia that if they don't do it, it will happen to them.  Stalking n00bz by following them from NCR [remove allowance of follow without double tag or reduce chance to follow 50%), constant thievery in guarded towns is plain stupid, unless they have uber stealth.  Thievery should be reduced, real thieves don't like to get caught and real thieves don't waste their time on every little stupid thing they can possibly get their hands on.  That is more of a crackhead ordeal that usually is short lived and unfortunately isn't here.  By reforming the game to slowly progress back to its roots... we could bring back the theme.

And no, the easter egg hunts are retarded and way out of theme... I'll suggest a much better Halloween replacement later that is more themely.

Key is simplicity, easy steps first.  I could go on for a while but I doubt I would get anywhere.

The fact everyone talks on MiRC, or other messenger systems makes it hard to keep RP, In-game, hence why people say radios are useless besides distress calls (which is lame).  Bars should be built up bigger for large RP hangouts (guarded even in some unguarded towns, only in bars. add turrets?)

I really hate the idea of players cooperating mainly with people they can trust OOCly instead of ICly testing them and RPing it out.  I would actually support any ideas that promote stabbing each other in the back and making it worthwhile to go solo or stab your friends in the back more often (not overly crazy but its ridiculous at this point).  Its not the end of the world, zero-day was actually quite some time ago.  Fuck fellow mankind.

After beta I suggest, limiting characters to 2-3 also per account.

I actually have a great idea for improving PtP interaction when it comes to dialogue to differentiate from the usual short msgs over chars...

Bring up the actual dialogue menu when you click on a character, skip the barter down the slider, just use the button here... (bars, trading mainly?)

There you may talk or /emote freely allowing creative RP between characters/players.  (I actually would love a new pose command but that is futuristic)

Improving solo/small group possibilities is cool, that way people won't group up too much and it is a reasonable option not to follow the bandwagon.

I think faction bases should be attacked by GMs and or other factions once identified on their base channel on a regular basis (Bi-weekly?)  That way factions must defend themselves (not just handed gear they may actually lose and enemy may bail with whatever loot they can get if they feel that way.)

The more people you have to trust, the more paranoid you should be.  Currently its the other way around, harsh enough to forget about trust but not in a lame way so this doesn't turn into a post apocalyptic EXP/questing game instead of one of the greatest oldschool RPGs we all loved.  (Fuck WoW)

Sorry, hope that helps.  I think you had the right target but you needed a scalpel instead of a hatchet to carve out your masterpeice.   ;)

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 08:56:31 am »

The cooldown system is fine for the most part, its just inevitable.

*Rethink profession system, make it based more on quests than getting money. (For example junktown SG trainer should for start let you know how to make simple guns, achieving possibility of making more complex things should be... More complex. What I mean that one guy shouldnt tell you EVERYTHING bout every weapon, one npc should be able to teach making 1-3 things. The knowledge what you have earned with your life should be "saveable" in cloning factilities (needs implementation too :f), what I mean if your character was once able to make assault rifle, after lvling up and getting skill requirements - should be able to make it once more, without repeating same quest. Saving your memories shouldnt be free too, but not extremally expensive (500 per recipe you can keep after death?). That would lead to characters being able to craft EVERYSHIT ingame, but after hard times of working (and additional time spent on training it back after death). That would benefit playing one character even more than making few alts.

I don't think PvE quests are so much important for fallout Online, more of a single player deal if you ask me.  Online we should focus on PtP interaction and allowing mini storylines to build that would eventually produce good posts of screenshots/logs of quality RP and explosive combat events.

I prefer to call it 'updating' your clone.  So you will update frequently as you feel necessary in order to retain stats/skills but also to remember  players/events/anything really if you are true to your RP.  I know it seems complicated, but simply adding a short description to each character (@ registry) by having players choose a height/weight (nothing overly general, average average is stupid).  Then implementing a memory system that would allow chars to save nicknames to chars at free-will.  Remembering them after death would only be possible if you updated for instance.

Yes, it is complicated but there is quite a few simple fixes and simplifying the complicated ones will make programming them much easier.
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 09:25:30 am »

[Snip]

Interesting read, and I definitely interesting ideas. However, I'm afraid you will unfortunately find that to a better part of players here FO is pretty much an extremely competitive substitute for, say, Diablo. With the added benefit of having a gang-supporting system in place.

Take a moment to read this http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5804.0, in particular point four. Especially, in fact, point four. Just to clarify, I mean the observation the paragraph begins with, not the proposed method of dealing with it.

Ideas attempting to introduce certain degree of "realism" as understood within the definition of the world of Fallout are very likely to be met with strong opposition - from a perspective of a player disinterested in the RP aspect of Fallout such changes would produce no desired effect whatsoever. On the other hand, because of such high competitiveness requiring constant practice to hone particular elements of the game, each change has a likelihood of requiring reinventing approaches to the competitive side of the game.

Frankly, this seems to be the core aspect of stonewalling any discussions about issues that tangentially affect the real-time combat part of the game, as you may have noticed in the discussions about suicide bombers, added repercussions and considerations for stealing, and use of arguably exploitative tactics. That aside, there is also the fact that, from a standpoint of a player treating FO in Diablo-esque way, there is no need for such changes.

I am also of opinion that FO would greatly benefit from a shift toward representing the RP side of the game to a greater degree, but have low hopes of that happening precisely for the reasons above.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:32:08 am by Sheepify »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 10:06:23 am »

in particular point four.

I am also of opinion that FO would greatly benefit from a shift toward representing the RP side of the game to a greater degree, but have low hopes of that happening precisely for the reasons above.

I'm struggling to think of anyone who is "good" in Fallout 1 or 2. :P

As for the OP.

Resetting to level 1 is just not an option. We want people to go out and do stuff, if they had the potential to have most of their efforts wiped on each death it would cause most people to exist only where friends are. Ie bases or encounters. Can you imagine what TC would become with this?  :P

Don't see the need for removing cooldowns, under any cicrumstnaces really. Ideally we get to the point where most players don't notice them.

Restricting 3rd tier, sure. Via unguarded specific locations where these things are unguarded. Increases the travel required and increases the risk of crafting such items. Also make them more rare at traders, so its not just a matter of camping them. Net effect is a redutionin numbers.

Best idea here is the profession givers. However this requires dialogue work, so we will see how out upcomimng contest for dialogue writers goes. (There are many things which need dedicated dialogue writers to spend time on them).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 10:21:10 am »

Interesting read, and I definitely interesting ideas. However, I'm afraid you will unfortunately find that to a better part of players here FO is pretty much an extremely competitive substitute for, say, Diablo. With the added benefit of having a gang-supporting system in place.

Take a moment to read this http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5804.0, in particular point four. Especially, in fact, point four. Just to clarify, I mean the observation the paragraph begins with, not the proposed method of dealing with it.

Ideas attempting to introduce certain degree of "realism" as understood within the definition of the world of Fallout are very likely to be met with strong opposition - from a perspective of a player disinterested in the RP aspect of Fallout such changes would produce no desired effect whatsoever. On the other hand, because of such high competitiveness requiring constant practice to hone particular elements of the game, each change has a likelihood of requiring reinventing approaches to the competitive side of the game.

Frankly, this seems to be the core aspect of stonewalling any discussions about issues that tangentially affect the real-time combat part of the game, as you may have noticed in the discussions about suicide bombers, added repercussions and considerations for stealing, and use of arguably exploitative tactics. That aside, there is also the fact that, from a standpoint of a player treating FO in Diablo-esque way, there is no need for such changes.

Screw Diablo.  Treating fallout like it should be WoW or Diablo simply so you can retain a large number of players who actually care nothing about theme not to mention have no sense of actually RPing a character...  You can either market a game to sell by repeating processes that work or create something new and accept the loss in players as the cost.

No Pain, No Game.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother to continue playing if it doesn't return to its roots eventually.  I'm sure many already have quit due to this, which probably were the best RP'er FOnline had to offer unless we can manage to bring it back.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 10:30:48 am »

I'm struggling to think of anyone who is "good" in Fallout 1 or 2. :P

Out of the top of my head? Tandi (F2 - NCR is as much a power play as a genuine intent to help people) and Harold. There was a particular dialog from somebody among Children of Apocalypse that rings faint bell. Hm, Marcus, and the paladin he befriended, arguably.

It's not so much about "good" but rather "not a ravening lunatic." There were definite repercussions for going all gung-ho on every NPC encountered.

Without repeating what one of the Cats wrote too much, right now there is absolutely no in-game incentive to not consider taking advantage of every player encountered, even if it means, in game terms, shooting a non-hostile stranger.

Even considering the history of the Wild West (actual history, not the movie-presented, gunfight-filled farce), there was little tolerance toward such personalities, even if the individuals were not actively presenting them toward inhabitants of a settlement. Bounty hunters were more often than not reviled for the work they did (although, admittedly, this was also because of the cultural conditioning of Christianity that disapproved of it in general).

This is actually what the Karma system in F1 and 2 simulated - the inevitable spread of rumor and gossip that, sooner or later, would pin an individual as either a hero or ruthless villain.

Current reputation system, since it does not protect players until certain conditions are met, makes them logical targets when considering game mechanics.

Just thought I'd clarify my stance a bit more.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:32:23 am by Sheepify »
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:35 am »

Screw Diablo. Treating fallout like it should be WoW or Diablo simply so you can retain a large number of players who actually care nothing about theme not to mention have no sense of actually RPing a character...  You can either market a game to sell by repeating processes that work or create something new and accept the loss in players as the cost.

I think you are confusing this game with... well. That one http://www.interplay.com/

This is a mod developed by fans in their spare time. Personally, I am grateful for it even existing, though it probably seems quite the contrary. The proverbial "grateful player," for a non-commercial project, seems to be a mythical beast which can be very rarely spotted  8)

If it turns out not to be my cup of tea, I already had plenty of fun treating it as extended single-player game. Hard to hold this against anybody just because it could have been different. If I want to play my very own vision of Fallout, I better start cranking out the code  ;)

Of course, that will not stop me adding my suggestions - until it is indicated by one of the developers they do not share my view of a particular feature, and even then I'll probably try at least one more argument. Or I give up on this project as being something that would suit my interests. Or, most likely, take a break and come back to try the official final release.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother to continue playing if it doesn't return to its roots eventually.  I'm sure many already have quit due to this, which probably were the best RP'er FOnline had to offer unless we can manage to bring it back.

Very likely, since anybody trying to RP in FOnline is going to get the short end of the stick promptly. Applied in no uncertain terms without any lube. A shame.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 11:11:59 am »

I didn't mention anything realistic, clones are futuristic.  My aims are reasonablism.  If you want to follow the crowd, sure you'll get some votes but sometimes leaders have to understand that people don't know whats good for them until you force them to at least try it.

As a player interested in the RP aspect of Fallout, I understand that letting the RP aspect go literally kills the game.  Literally.

To tell the truth, it becomes just a an online version of Fallout modded to suit Diablo/WoW players needs.  Like I give a shit that those games weren't enough for you and this shit had to be marketed on the classic which I'd like to think couldn't be matched.  Certainly changing it to market this younger crowd of hack&slash, exp whore and give a shit besides clicking...  Sides, anyone who plays this game simply like they play Diablo isn't here to stay, they're just here until they find another hack&slash that distracts them for a while until they find another.  The # of players I've heard are bored and admit the game is rather boring after you realize the repetitiveness involved caused by this 'belief'.  This belief that Fallout will still be Fallout if we market it right and forget about its roots which makes no sense considering this is a revision of a classic that is now being turned into a modification of MMO that attracts people, not necessarily the right people but at least you have your numbers.  Which are quite noticeable if you count jackasses.

Something tells me I will just be beating a dead horse, I completely support dropping tons of players if they think by slowly progressing toward being more RP focused... that we would ruin the game.  I just doubt admins or those players would accept it.  Although I don't see them losing much besides changing graphics and still clicking, oh yeah, you'll have more mods/cheats for Diablo which is only another reason why you don't want a large # of power/lame gamers on here... they're known to create more work for the Dev/GM team only delaying otherwise productive process.

Fallout was more the type of game to enjoy, not to win.  RP is the same way, its never ending.  Until you give the game away to market MORE PLAYERS, that you WON'T interact with.  Interaction is so rare, I'm confident Diablo-esque type players are the ones to thank.  Oh yeah, thanks.

Sheepify:  You aren't a player.  You are a tester and you are telling them what you think.  Problem is you think about marketing the game when its not even for sale so although you may want another WoW/Diablo, I honestly know anyone who put in the effort to rebuild Fallout into an online MMO... built it because they knew this classic was still unmatched to this day.  But converting it to suit kids market will just kill it.   I mean sure it will sell, but it will go to shit.

The fact that this game will more than likely never be for sale is all the more reason NOT to market it and hurt the game because of it.  (Donations from kids suck anyways, admit it.  Probably from hack&slashers in general since they could just find another easy enough)

I can be an EXP whore for a moment, but within a month I'm confident I will bore of repetition if RP is forgotten.  So although you claim you are grateful, you are grateful for them marketing 'your' crowd, not the original roots which was obviously the reason for investing time to bring back the classic.

That is fine, I have no interest in another hack&slash click clacker.  Just not my style.  Although I don't see why you want writers/more quests/dialogue.  All you need is job systems since RP has no matter.  Quests are a weak very simple type of RP with little options.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27:25 am »

Mate, I'm a.. uh, about week-old player. And, as somebody who spent the last fifteen years working on various RP multiplayer projects, I share your pain. It was very much the lure of Fallout that brought me over here when it was mentioned on slashdot.

So far, though, I'm having fun simply losing myself in the Fallout illusion. Given that the mechanics alone are being worked on with detail and consideration, I sincerely doubt this mod will have problems with maintaining its population - for somebody treating it as action-RPG (oh, how doth I hate this term), coupled with Fallout settings, it is a very entertaining game. Given the competitiveness level here, it's pretty much guaranteed to maintain a core group of players until at least some time after the official release, since mechanics will be tweaked and adjusted in the meantime. After? I lost my crystal ball to a party that, as usual, completely derailed the adventure I had in store for them  ;D

tl:dr version: Preaching to the choir. I'm the one with the squeaky voice on the left side.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 12:02:01 pm »

I don't really see how Marcus, Harold or Tandi were inherently good, but I was more meaning organisations.

The fact that this game will more than likely never be for sale is all the more reason NOT to market it and hurt the game because of it.  (Donations from kids suck anyways, admit it.  Probably from hack&slashers in general since they could just find another easy enough)

I can be an EXP whore for a moment, but within a month I'm confident I will bore of repetition if RP is forgotten.  So although you claim you are grateful, you are grateful for them marketing 'your' crowd, not the original roots which was obviously the reason for investing time to bring back the classic.

It will never be for sale. Donations are by players for the continuation of their server (for other players to use) it makes no difference to us what size of donations we recieve outside of the costs of the server being met. We have no particular interest in making it either for PvP players or RPers or marketing it at all, indeed. If its interesting it gets done.

Although I don't see why you want writers/more quests/dialogue.  All you need is job systems since RP has no matter.  Quests are a weak very simple type of RP with little options.

Then RP is player led and needs nothing from us.  ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 01:27:52 pm »

As for the OP.

Resetting to level 1 is just not an option. We want people to go out and do stuff, if they had the potential to have most of their efforts wiped on each death it would cause most people to exist only where friends are. Ie bases or encounters. Can you imagine what TC would become with this?  :P

Don't see the need for removing cooldowns, under any cicrumstnaces really. Ideally we get to the point where most players don't notice them.

What would it make to TC? Players/Gangs wouldnt be equal and depend what bigger gun you have but the levels would be different. HP would be boosted, that way there would be more tactics, surprise (some big lvl coming to TC) and it would be harder to die. I already wrote:

Ok. I somehow feel that would be good, really, its not like one gang will become powerfull and other gangs will be lvl 1's. There would be alliances and to be honest? Everyone would die anyway, so lvl 21 is really much considering they would get to lvl 1 or loss exp in any case, so that factions would be varied, and no its not about doing quests, its about TC and shit. More people would participate in TC... THe thing is there wouldnt be lvl 21 in one gang and lvl 10-15 in others just every gang would have varied lvls in their gang.

More hp and less high end weapons would mean you would really need to want to die to actually die.... Thats the point, more tactics more variety, more dynamics involving everyone to TC - real gaming.

Imprezobus I thought about something. High-end weapons/armors would be obtainable after meeting lvl requirement that way big factions wouldnt dominate all time, so that youd need to hunt with mauser anyway . Maybe minigun, LSW should be lvl 12+ (just an idea), other weapons armors appropriately

I support this idea, theres some reason in it. Hmm, I like no cooldowns, HP and so on. THe problem is in Exp loss... it shouldnt be all I guess...
1) maybe half exp of the person killed goes to you or
2) maybe you lose half of hp when you die and killer nothing or
3) person killing stronger would get some part of its hp and exp loss when killing a lvl lesser than your own....or just one of them ( but then the lvls would need to be visible)

That would make the game more dynamic, what about skills? Someone will get lvl 21 then get killed and be lvl 1 and still have 200 SG? or the skills would reset?

Id like to see 3 in fonline, imo its in every mmo I guess, there would be some reason not to grief people and the stronger would you will need to defend more (assuming there would be self-defence system that would work like this: higher lvl gets attacked by lesser lvl, then without exp penalty Higher exp player can kill lesser lvl player without any reward (or maybe some part?) That would make the game interesting  But its a mere fantasy seeing devs steps anyhow close to this

Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 22 queries.