"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:09:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Radio comunication while radio in inventory  (Read 7515 times)

C47

• DeviantArt
Radio comunication while radio in inventory
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

Mostly while we are on the wasteland we have two weapons in hands (close combat/long range, fast shooting/slow shooting etc.) so we can't have radio on.
Why we can't hear comunicates while radio is in invetory? For example we can hear "'sh..whe..shh..r you..shh' instead of 'shh..where are you..shh' because of the backpack - but we can still hear sth, that someone is talking on the radio, then we can take radio in hand and respond
We will hear only radio that was in hand last time (so while we have 4 radios with different channels we can still hear only one)
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
Re: Radio comunication while radio in inventory
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:10:32 pm »

Deffinitely a good idea.

Maybe every other letter would have a chance of being replaced by a "." or "#" or something to simulate static.  That way you could whip it out and say "Say again, over"
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:42:35 pm »

No, this idea suck. Radio should be swapped to ""'sh..whe..shh..r you..shh' instead of 'shh..where are you..shh'" when got it in hand.

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:17:07 pm »

No, this idea suck. Radio should be swapped to ""'sh..whe..shh..r you..shh' instead of 'shh..where are you..shh'" when got it in hand.

lol.

Hm I think this is a bad idea, yeah I know that it would be easier but Fonline is not about things getting easier. You talk you have a possibility to chat in the damn wasteland and for a wastelander its an honour to hold it in his dirty hand.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 04:03:47 am »

It's a pain in the ass wasting a slot

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 04:15:37 am »

And the only thing radios are really necessary for are for distress calls. I think you should have to put it in a slot to do a distress call, but just talking should not need a slot as it only takes away from combat.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 04:25:30 am »

I concur, you should be able to listen to the radio as long as it is in inventory and turned on.

Communicating, though, should require it being in hand at the moment the message is sent out.

Actually, another thing that would be interesting to have in-game is a separate "band scanner" item, giving a percentage chance to detect radio transmissions on different channels.

On the other hand, with VoIP being a far superior communication method... yeah.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 08:55:28 am »

I think you should be able to listen to the radio (and perhaps even talk to) while it's in the inventory. The catch? you have to talk louder than normal, and have to turn the volume up. The result is that you still whisper. but other people can hear what you whisper in the radio or what people say on the radio itself when close enough.
(lets say 2x normal whisper distance amount)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 08:59:48 am »

ooh but what if you had several radios on different channels ehh? it'd eventually get all fucked around since you dont get the names of the people talking.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 09:18:42 am »

I think you should be able to listen to the radio (and perhaps even talk to) while it's in the inventory.

If you look at the in-game model, I'd say it's one of those chunky late-WW2 radios (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCR-536) that definitely required a hand to operate ;)

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:35:37 am »

ooh but what if you had several radios on different channels ehh? it'd eventually get all fucked around since you dont get the names of the people talking.

We will hear only radio that was in hand last time (so while we have 4 radios with different channels we can still hear only one)

A sugesstion is only for hearing a radio while in inventory, not talking.
In real world if we have walkie-talkie we don't have it always in hand, its on the belt and only when we hear sth or want to talk we are getting it to hand.
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 10:50:52 am »

If it will be only possible to "hear" something from inventory, but not talking and distressing, then it's OK idea.
But this suggestion should be somewhere in the bottom of to do list.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 11:05:52 am »

Good Idea! There should be also some reserved channel. For example -Trade channel: 1
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 11:33:45 am »

This is a good idea, definitely. Like in the real world, when you have a walkie-talkie in your pocket you are still able to hear if someone shouts a message to you. I also agree that the message should be a little unintelligible.  +1 for this suggestion :)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 12:31:56 pm »

If we could communicate through many channels, the channel number should be displayed before the message.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.