"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:19:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Caravans and thieves/lockpickers.  (Read 1389 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Caravans and thieves/lockpickers.
« on: June 23, 2010, 01:54:27 am »

Ok so everyone who ever uses a caravan in a gaurded town is uber pissed at the lockpickers being able to take their shit without gaurds giving a damn right?

Solution, make even so much as touching the caravan an offence for stealing and becomes unprotected in town.

Simple idea, I'm sure the script is already made just not implemented on caravans yet, and no there shouldn't be a OMG UBER SNEAK NO WONDER HE WAS ABLE TO STEAL MY CARAVAN AND SHIT IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOWN!  

NO! This is no the way to do it, it should all depend on your reaction time to shoot the thief before he takes off with your caravan.  Since he fucked with your cart in the first place he is already unprotected so you have a fair chance to save your caravan before the thieves take off with it, also Mercenary AI should immediately shoot the lockpicker/thief if he fucks with the caravan, whereas the gaurds simply watch.

Also thieves who try to pickpocket your key is easily as fuck avoidable by simply putting it in your hand in case anyone was wondering....

I think I about covered everything except bombers bombing you and everybody getting your key and taking off which is complete bullshit, but oh well wasteland is harsh, trade in the Hub or Junktown or something.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
Re: Caravans and thieves/lockpickers.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:36 pm »

I agree that personal mercenaries or slaves should be able to protect your caravan in towns.
There is another solution more realistic : create a NPC in every town that can take care of your car if you pay him (like in gas station of New Reno but instead of appearing a car he makes it disappear until you come back to take your car).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.481 seconds with 22 queries.