"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 05:49:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Why isn't the gathering timeout cumulative? / Sick cooldowns  (Read 1162 times)

NTR

Why isn't the gathering timeout cumulative? / Sick cooldowns
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:15 pm »

For crafting it works quite well, why won't you change it to cumulative in gathering too?

About cooldowns:

I have a doctor char and because of game bugs and PKs I haven't produced any drug since over a week, and I'm playing every day.
Every day I'm loosing few hours of my time to gather things just to finally loose everything I've gathered because of bugs/pks/encounters.
Aren't the completely sick cooldowns too much? And I would be grateful for dev response.

And yeah, I'm crying because it is supposed to be a game which you enjoy! Please understand it at last!

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Why isn't the gathering timeout cumulative? / Sick cooldowns
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 03:50:39 pm »

I'm a crafter myself and i don't have such a badluck as you - never (ok, hardly ever)

What are your exact problems with bugs(what kind, what they do)/pks(where exactly?)/encounters(what kind usually kills you!)?

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »

For crafting it works quite well, why won't you change it to cumulative in gathering too?

About cooldowns:

I have a doctor char and because of game bugs and PKs I haven't produced any drug since over a week, and I'm playing every day.
Every day I'm loosing few hours of my time to gather things just to finally loose everything I've gathered because of bugs/pks/encounters.
Aren't the completely sick cooldowns too much? And I would be grateful for dev response.

And yeah, I'm crying because it is supposed to be a game which you enjoy! Please understand it at last!

Im with this guy, the past three times ive tried to get hypos and money to vault city to make some stuff i always get shafted about half way. stupid caravan encounters, you watch them blast themselves apart at the same time as blasting you, the ai definetly needs tweaking and the timeout out on a caravan attack is wackiness.
plasma nade your face off!

NTR

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:46:32 pm »

What are your exact problems with bugs(what kind, what they do)/pks(where exactly?)/encounters(what kind usually kills you!)?
Actually the bug problem was solved (I lost my car today with crafting materials I've been gathering for a week but thanks to Lexx I've found it - see Bugs section) 
However processing meat in Modoc is still extremely risky (even if you go there with friends) due to PKs, same with MFC in Mariposa.
If you ask about encounters I must tell that usually I am not able to run from Raiders with me 10PE 25sequence char.
I accept that (that some people like to PK, I'm in gang too) I just mean that if you want the game to be enjoyable also for crafters you must
make it less time-consuming for them. It is extremely annoying when you are gathering materials for few hours and give your work
to some random people who've just killed you. You can't help that there are PK's on the server, but if craftingwas less time-consuming it wouldn't be so annoying when you loose everything, and you do loose everything very often.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.