"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 08:50:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Guard Loot Delay  (Read 1344 times)

Guard Loot Delay
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »

Many, many a-times have I killed a thief to reclaim my stolen goods, or to get his goods.  What happens every time?  A guard (particularly the brahmin guard in the bazaar in NCR where he doesn't belong) speeds in with bullet-time reaction and loots the bodies before you can even click on the corpse.
What's worse?  We have to click the body, look at the interface, then click "take all".  This requires our characters to bend down twice.  Once to check the corpse, another to take the stuff.
Not only does the guard start running THE MILLISECOND that the person dies, he only has to bend down once to get all of the gear.
Come on.  Give them a five second delay or something.

I know that many people feel this way, and this topic has probably already been created... But something's gotta be done.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:13:56 pm by Dylan Fraser »
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
Re: Guard Loot Delay
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:42 pm »

Yeah its damn irritating, one thief managed to grab mah caps while i was spaced out, shot him and then some stupid guard
picked up all of it before i even got close.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:55:32 pm »

It IS possible to get your shit back because if anyone has been paying attention the NCR Gaurds actually walk to the corpse for some reason instead of run but the brahmin gaurd feels like running so yeah if you could just move him back to the shit pens ;D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

rax

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »

This is my opinion too. A 5 to 15 second cool-down would be appropriate. This way I am constantly thinking of creating an alt to steal back from these quick-looting guards. Besides hwere do those goods go? They are effectively out of game although still there. When I die in random encounter with NPC-s I know wasteland reclaimed goods into which someone invested their time, a pure loss for wasteland economy. But in public area... come on. Chef of police should hold auctions for reclaimed goods, just like in real life or transfer those to most favored merchant of the city.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:19 am »

This is my opinion too. A 5 to 15 second cool-down would be appropriate. This way I am constantly thinking of creating an alt to steal back from these quick-looting guards. Besides hwere do those goods go? They are effectively out of game although still there. When I die in random encounter with NPC-s I know wasteland reclaimed goods into which someone invested their time, a pure loss for wasteland economy. But in public area... come on. Chef of police should hold auctions for reclaimed goods, just like in real life or transfer those to most favored merchant of the city.

Those are all good ideas, albeit probably very hard to implement.  With that said, I don't know jack shit about game developing, but it sounds complex  :)

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 09:01:51 am »

Those are all good ideas, albeit probably very hard to implement.  With that said, I don't know jack shit about game developing, but it sounds complex  Smiley

awww come on... in classic Fallout there were no looting guards, so they must have implemented this one... I understand that the guard loots the body of someone, whom he has shot, but why is he looting someone he didnt kill? When you try this for example in wasteland (to loot corpse killed by guards) they shoot at you... but if they do the same to you, you can do nothing...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:34:28 pm »

awww come on... in classic Fallout there were no looting guards, so they must have implemented this one... I understand that the guard loots the body of someone, whom he has shot, but why is he looting someone he didnt kill? When you try this for example in wasteland (to loot corpse killed by guards) they shoot at you... but if they do the same to you, you can do nothing...
Good point, Enzo.  It does often seem that this game is geared against you..  Like NPCs always have a huge advantage over you.  Like how if you play in real-time, there is no delay for their aimed shots, yet our aimed shots will take at least two seconds to execute.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

Looting guards does enhance the griefing aspect of bombing.

So that's one redeeming point.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:04:56 am »

Ok the gaurds dont walk/loot anymore....

Oh well.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 22 queries.