"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:26:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Radio detonator plastique  (Read 4005 times)

Radio detonator plastique
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:27 am »

To give radios more use in game and to have something worth taking the demolition prof for, I suggest having craftable C4 that can be set to a radio frequency and will detonate if someone talks on that frequency.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Radio detonator plastique
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 03:55:35 pm »

I can already see a horde of numbered centaurs invading NCR at once and simultanously exploding seconds after  :D

It has great potential to improve playability with demo expert as well as with ruining game balance

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:00:50 pm »

hahaha i love this idea, and honestly as far as im concerned the game is woefully unbalanced, anyone not sporting more then 150 hp and some metal mk2 AT LEAST, is fucked running into any caravan. Anyways i support this idea,  ;D
plasma nade your face off!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:02:20 pm »

Well. In normal, caravans don't attack you. So it's a bit silly to take this as an argument.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:40:09 pm »

I can already see a horde of numbered centaurs invading NCR at once and simultanously exploding seconds after  :D

It has great potential to improve playability with demo expert as well as with ruining game balance

Games need carefully made combat systems to have balanced combat with different weapon types. It's hard to do, just look at wow. That game had to balance all the classes and in order to do that they had to constantly buff and nerf skills over the years and it still will never be perfect. Since fonline is based on a game where multiplayer was never considered balance was never a concern. NPC's don't even use the same combat system, a deathclaw with 2 broken arms and can hit you 3 times despite having 6 ap. They also have 7 int which is pretty strange for a giant lizard.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:31:13 pm »

Games need carefully made combat systems to have balanced combat with different weapon types. It's hard to do, just look at wow. That game had to balance all the classes and in order to do that they had to constantly buff and nerf skills over the years and it still will never be perfect. Since fonline is based on a game where multiplayer was never considered balance was never a concern. NPC's don't even use the same combat system, a deathclaw with 2 broken arms and can hit you 3 times despite having 6 ap. They also have 7 int which is pretty strange for a giant lizard.

Please, don't tell me to look in WoW - i'll never do so... Instead tell me important info without word "wow" ^^ Fallout and wow are completely different

That's true that critters' stats (as well as NPC's) are twisted - they aren't based on chracter sheet... They are different (and often annoying f.e. Deathclaw with 35% chance of crit hit =/... insane)

There could be some test with radio bombing wheter if it'll ruin game play or not - but preferably not in the game itself xD
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:34:12 pm by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »

WoW and Fallout is obviously not the same, but he is right.
It's about balancing the "classes" to each other. In every MMORPG there needs to be balance, if not some players will be very unsatisfied dying permanently or be "über". And despite the fact that WoW really is shit - they did and do balance the game very well. And that's why this is an Open Beta here, eh? ;) To test things out and balance them.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 09:16:16 pm »

The Fallout has no classes though.

Back to the topic. The idea is neat, but it would demote the current requirement for high demo skills for exact timing. However it is a fun idea and may be quite "balanced" (this word is a main killer of many cool suggestions) if the demo skill required to craft such explosive would be high enough.

But I see lots of people changing channels and typing "asdf" to occasionally explode someone's channel. Also it would be fun to trade such explosive to some random player with "1337" channel set and tell him: "Let's meet in NCR, send me "I'm here" on 1337 freq. when you're there".

Or play russian roulette. One player sets a frequency and puts the bomb down, other players pass it and start to say something on random channels.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:17:52 pm by Deon »
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:26:07 am »

considering there are thousands of possible radio channels I doubt it would be an issue. As for fonline not having classes, it does. Big guns, small guns, throwing and energy are the only serious combat classes. Like the balance in fallout between energy weapons and small guns was how quickly you'd have access to them. Energy weapons were rare and that's what balanced them with small guns. Big guns were mid level weapons that had scarce ammo. With those two factors missing in fonline small guns become less useful. That's what I meant about balancing classes. I wasn't endorsing WOW I was using it as an example.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.