"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:10:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll your own Cigarettes  (Read 2956 times)

Roll your own Cigarettes
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:35:47 am »

At some point, Tobacco is going to be added in to the game.  And when it is, we will be able to craft it.

Problem is, it's a Doctor Level 2 professional craft.  That's ludicrous.  It's right up there with steroids and radiation chelation therapy (Buffout & Rad-Away).

I can roll my own cigarettes in real life, and I don't even know how to make a simple healing poultice.  Cigarette crafting should be far easier than requiring 115% First Aid, 80% Doctor, 8 Intelligence, and a total of $4500 to learn.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Roll your own Cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:40:43 am »

Total support, this really doesn't make any sense...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:59:17 am »

At some point, Tobacco is going to be added in to the game.  And when it is, we will be able to craft it.

Problem is, it's a Doctor Level 2 professional craft.  That's ludicrous.  It's right up there with steroids and radiation chelation therapy (Buffout & Rad-Away).

I can roll my own cigarettes in real life, and I don't even know how to make a simple healing poultice.  Cigarette crafting should be far easier than requiring 115% First Aid, 80% Doctor, 8 Intelligence, and a total of $4500 to learn.
Then we would have to nerf cigarettes in the first place to balance out that change. I'm pretty sure healing powder is just made from grinding up the herbs with a mortar and pestle..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:05:57 am by Sephis »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:48:02 am »

Obviously, players with 0 professions can already craft Cigarettes, as it is on the Fix list no matter what professions you have. All that needs to happen now is updating the Wiki and implementing Tobacco.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:56:14 am »

I don't see how +1 PE for 100 minutes is that ridiculously strong when compared with:

Buffout: +3 ST, +2 AG, +2 EN for 6 hours
Rad-Away: -150 Radiation Level over the course of 4 hours.

Possibly if they added a shorter duration and a harsher addiction, like -1 PE (due to the craving), and -1 EN (bad for your health).

Edit: Is it Abe?  Jesus strike all that.  Tho Cigarettes still could be worse for your health.  When they implement tobacco, people are gonna kill each other over those damned cigs...

EditEdit: inb4 "wasteland iz harshz"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:58:11 am by Jeoshua »
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:05 am »

addiction should be -1 cha, people who haven't had a cigarette usually act like assholes.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:36:35 am »

There could always be the possibility of hand-rolled cigarettes and filtered cigarettes. Hand-rolled could be made by anyone and have a higher chance for addiction (probably less realistic) and filtered could be made by doctors (even though it seems more like a job for Mordino's druggist) and have less of a chance for addiction.

Hand-rolled would be made with wood (or paper crafted from wood) and tobacco and make 5 at a time. Filtered would be made with the same things, plus chemical component? for the filter and make ten.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:27:55 am »

don't kid yourself, everyone would be smoking weed. It's a lot hardier plant than tobacco.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:13:51 pm »

Doc 2 is an old requirement. When Tobacco is in game it will be able to be made by anybody.

Of course tobacco will only be available on one unguarded map, however.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 01:20:41 pm »

Of course tobacco will only be available on one unguarded map, however.

Good news! Soon we'll all be nicotine junkies not only in "real life"....  ;D
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »

addiction should be -1 cha, people who haven't had a cigarette usually act like assholes.
This  ;D

Good news! Soon we'll all be nicotine junkies not only in "real life"....  ;D

It's just not a post apocalyptic work unless everyone is wearing leather jackets, driving around junk-buggies, and smoking on mysteriously pristine marlboros.

Anyone for a cee-gar? Smoke em if ya got em!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:24:37 pm by Jeoshua »

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 03:48:10 am »

Cigars? Awesome Idea, should post it in the suggestion board, then I wouldn't have to RP one of my characters smoking cigars...

I'll cross my fingers in hope they look like the ones My Hero smokes.

Edit: A Million edits later I learn what HTML format this forum uses.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:51:23 am by BurntAluminum »

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 03:18:26 am »

Yup. Cigarettes are relatively easy. I am just concerned about botany ¿Will there be a particular tobacco plant? The gathering of the ingredients for the cigarette might proove the hardest in real life. Forget about those fancy filters, you'd first need to be able of producin' polymers. I dunno. Stuff.
Didn't, got killed.
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 03:50:07 am »

Wow... kind of a gravedig, eh?

The 3d era is approaching boys and girls.  It would be nice to have a "helmet" that shows you smoking a cigar, wouldn't it?  It needn't have any effects or armor value.  Just coolness.

NOW!  Someone get to modeling it.  Presto, cause the devs won't include it unless they're given it first!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »

what about another model, mirrored (asshole) sunspecs with a cigar and a sombrero, would be the epitome of coolness.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.