"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 09:08:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: training ground for factions  (Read 1056 times)

training ground for factions
« on: January 08, 2010, 04:15:10 am »

The idea is that every hideout (130k or more) will have a training ground for faction members. This will allows members to practice pvp before going to real actions. What I've realized is that many factions practice by going into unguarded towns and which results in getting in combat with another gang already there first, of course the inferior gang will lose  because they dont have good pvp exp which is very discouraging . So how this work is when a faction leader buys a hideout (not a cheap one, 130k+) he will get a base and a training ground custom made by devs , 1 designed map is enough for all factions, no need for redesigning. It doesnt have to be as big as an actual town like modoc but golgotha with houses you can hide in and do ambushes . In my opinion this will make the game more fun as it will enable newer gangs with the experience of pvp so that they wont get owned by fonline veterans so easily in a war.
What do you guys think?

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Re: training ground for factions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:30:44 am »

Id have to say this is completely un-needed. pvp isnt about what map your on, its about what skills you have and how big your goddamn guns are. Thats the rule of the wasteland bub, he with the rockets makes the rules. There really isnt any tactical advantages in fighting in town, its the same as fighting on a big giant plain, so instead of dragging a gang out to pvp "practice" in a town how bout you find yourself a nice big open space in the desert and beat the crap out of each other there and let people use a town for something besides a killing field.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:09 am »

i dont think you read the whole post, i never said anything about pvping in a town with players. i simply suggested that factions should have an empty map of their own to do pvp (only for gang members). Also, i disagree with your statement of "whoever has the biggest gun wins" it is true in some cases like a 1v1 but in a gang fight u have like 10+ and not everybody is the same class. you have snipers that will try to break your arms/blind you and demolition/doctor going around planting tnts at exits and blind spots/cure broken limbs. so in the end unorganized team that just pvp without team work will always lose against organized teams. And hows fighting in a open plain the same as fighting in a town with exits/covers? if gang wars are fought in open plains then whats the point in making a sniper? why not max str, en and max your hp?. Like i said i know many people that tag traps + small guns and they can use both a sniper and a TNT in a real gang war very well..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:16:41 am by Candy »

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:59:20 am »

ive never seen a gang war like you speak of take place, its always grid camping with rocket launcher and miniguns, ALWAYS. and hence the biggest gun rule, if they grid camped with a bunch of people with assault rifles and that kind of stuff it wouldnt work. and usually no matter your hp your dead in about 3-6 hits due to rockets and miniguns, even with 250 hp at a max this is still inevitable. even then your talking about people placing demolition in blind spots like this would ever work? its on a timer and even then for this to be effective it would have to be timed just right, or enemies led to the trap because theres no proximity mines or anything. i think for traps to be an effective weapon or at least usuable in a situation other then suicide bombing you would have to find a way to make the bombs more like a claymore mine, or remotely activated.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 09:36:31 pm »

what i am talking about is organized pvp where 1 faction starts from east and the other starts from west (broken hills) it is for fun only and no items will be dismantled from dead bodies. About explosives again, you have no idea how many people try to rush to the enemy sniper and give him a rocket thus eating tnts as he runs around corners (i am a victim of it...twice) so it is useful..only if you know how to time it just right. Also i like the idea of buffing the demolition class and add remote mines, land mines and such. It will make the class more useful
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 18 queries.