"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 12:51:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds  (Read 19806 times)

Re: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »

Only thing i hate is the absolutely horrible FoV with 1 PE, guess you could always put some + points in it but its still kind of an waste for
unarmed/melee. PVP is just REALLY hard when they can be shooting from outside of your fov with a pistol even.
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »

Only thing i hate is the absolutely horrible FoV with 1 PE, guess you could always put some + points in it but its still kind of an waste for
unarmed/melee. PVP is just REALLY hard when they can be shooting from outside of your fov with a pistol even.

Yeah the 1 PE is horrible, but in PVP you should be the one to hit first. If you fight against multiple targets (with guns) you're going to lose anyway.
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »

The way instakills work in fonline is you roll for crit, then there's a 1-100 roll on the crit table. If you have better crit perk its 21-120 on the table and any roll over 100 is an instakill. Technically if you have 100% crit its a 1/5 chance, but the reality is somewhat different. I haven't got an intakill in pvp since the wipe, might just be unlucky on my part but it seems to only happen in pve. It's great for farming if you have toughness x 2 and lifegivers as with the latent unarmed crit bonuses you can replace the 5% perks with more useful ones. Haymaker with faster hth means 4 ap for an eyeshot, with no perks thats  15% from haymaker, 30% from eye shot, 10 luck and finesse adds 20% and you can hit quickly in rt. The bonus is better crit makes disarming really easy as most possible crit effects on arms end up with crippling blows. just make sure you have 5 str minimum and 7 agi for haymaker. Finesse dr bonus gets bypassed by most crits so its not really an issue, but your non crits will be for like 3dmg. If you want raw damage you can always use mega powerfist, it's better than the ripper but harder to find/more expensive. Supersledge has good damage and doesn't deteriorate or use ammo, but it costs 3100 caps from vendors. If you are going high damage melee forego all crit stats and take heavy handed plus bonus hth dmg x3 and living anatomy that's +20 damage, 5 of which can't be resisted. With a ripper you're looking at 5 attacks with 10 ap per 5 seconds or 3 sledge attacks. Ripper would be 35-52 dmg a hit before dmg reduction and sledge is 38-56, but sledge has knockback which can be pretty intense and disables people for the duration of the slide. Only problem is you have to chase after them. You could try a melee crit build too but I'd lose finesse as without the super high unarmed crit rate you just too many shitty hits.

As for endgame melee you have ripper, cattle prod, super sledge and i can't remember if they added it yet or not but super cattle prod is total ownage. Pretty much nothing has electric resist but BA and even then it's really low. Plus awesome death animations.

FA is pretty much mandatory for a hth build, once you get strong enough to survive in rt it helps a lot for a quick heal in battle. 150 is ideal, but beware the new crit fails which happen too often for reliability if you have 1 luck. Doctor needs to be at 210% at 21 to have 100% success rate at curing weakness. It's awesome for never having downtime but also a huge point investment.

As for pvp you need to be on psycho and other drugs to ever have a chance, lots of stims/superstims is also required. But even then don't imagine you'll be rambo cutting your way through the enemy, BG builds/plasma nades/ sniper crits can all drop you quickly. Never go for aimed hits in pvp because once you select a part you walk to your target, and if they run you'll never catch up unless you run then re select, so it's hard to pull off. I mean i do it just to cripple and blind people on my unarmed char but i always end up dying, I just like trolling pvpers.

Hope that helped you out.

Hmm I have made my finesse unarmed char and slowly lvl it alongside my recent EW crafter, however i decided that id like to try experimenting
with the melee side also. Did you mean reducing luck to 1 by the forego all crit stats ? heavy handed doesnt indeed do wonders to crits, however
wouldnt losing toughnesses for example weight too much in the long run ?

if i were to think of a high dmg melee build with 1LK  and 1 PE it would end up something like:
10 ST
1 PE
10 EN
3 CH
6 IN
10 AG
1 LK

Heavy handed, small frame

Perks
<3> Bonus hth dmg
<6> magnetic personality
<9> HTH dmg
<12> lifegiver
<15> hth attacks
<18> living anatomy
<21> bonus hth dmg

Well i was just thinking that taking 2 IN away to get 3 CH and sacrificing 2nd lifegiver for magnetic personality allows you to have
2 mercs or slaves for your melee damage machine, to counter the lack of toughnesses. Of course those who dont like mercs
can just drop CH to 1 and pump IN but i like having decoys.

At lvl 21 i can still have decently enough of skillpoints, i tagged outdoorsman because im lazy to run...
in the char planner i ended up with 198 melee, 94 first aid, 80 doctor and 150 outdoorsman, i doubt i would make the stats like
that in actual game, maybe outdoorsman at 100-120 and would pump melee and first aid bit more. Doctor is 80 because i needed the 60% for LA perk.

*EDIT* this is still all only in the char planner, havent tested out making actual char based on these.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:47:51 pm by Kardia »

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2010, 06:24:12 pm »

Well it all depends, i tried out both a toughness/melee dmg build and a pure dmg with 1 luck and I found the tougness build just didn't do enough damage. The thing is you pretty much have the choice of toughness and the inability to trade with npcs or 1 luck and the option to trade. Even with 1 luck you can get crits from eyeshots and even with heavy handed i was getting 70 dmg crits with a reg sledge. You need about 170 melee max for eyeshots, any more is a waste and points that would be better put elsewhere. Mag pers. is a good choice as the problem with solo melee is that against multiple opponents everyone hits you right off the bat and you can only hurt one of them at a time so it helps to spread the damage around. The only diff between your build and my latest is i took 2 action boys instead of lifegiver/mag pers. To get 4 supersledge swings a turn, but having 1 pe means you always go last in tb so I'm more of an rt player with this. I'd take 20 out of melee and up your fa, 150 is pretty ideal in terms of healing done/cooldown so the closer you get the better.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:15 pm »

Roachor, will you tell me please the special, tags and traits of a HtH crit build?

You said it was pretty fun to play and really usefull in pve and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Care to share? ;D

Don't fuck with Brahmins.

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »

Roachor, will you tell me please the special, tags and traits of a HtH crit build?

You said it was pretty fun to play and really usefull in pve and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Care to share? ;D

yeah sure

my calculator is from tla so it doesnt have awareness, cautious nature is just a placeholder for it.

4 ap eye shots with haymaker (80% chance to crit)
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »

Well it all depends, i tried out both a toughness/melee dmg build and a pure dmg with 1 luck and I found the tougness build just didn't do enough damage. The thing is you pretty much have the choice of toughness and the inability to trade with npcs or 1 luck and the option to trade. Even with 1 luck you can get crits from eyeshots and even with heavy handed i was getting 70 dmg crits with a reg sledge. You need about 170 melee max for eyeshots, any more is a waste and points that would be better put elsewhere. Mag pers. is a good choice as the problem with solo melee is that against multiple opponents everyone hits you right off the bat and you can only hurt one of them at a time so it helps to spread the damage around. The only diff between your build and my latest is i took 2 action boys instead of lifegiver/mag pers. To get 4 supersledge swings a turn, but having 1 pe means you always go last in tb so I'm more of an rt player with this. I'd take 20 out of melee and up your fa, 150 is pretty ideal in terms of healing done/cooldown so the closer you get the better.

Hmm i was also considering same but taking out lifegiver and one of the bonus hth dmg perks, having 2x female trappers with rippers sounds like a useful aid
for rt combat so im kinda tempted towards keeping the magnetic personality.
Even without lifegiver i will still get 185 hp at lvl 21
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »

I have a 10 luck build (without finesse) with

toughness(2)
more criticals (3)
bonus hth attack
action boy (1)

and it works great to be honest.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »

yeah sure

my calculator is from tla so it doesnt have awareness, cautious nature is just a placeholder for it.

4 ap eye shots with haymaker (80% chance to crit)

I think I might do a similar build but I'm done with finesse, I have sniper with it and whenever I don't do critical the damage it does is ridiculous...

Don't fuck with Brahmins.

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 02:04:45 am »

The reason i use finesse is because punches with 5 str don't do much damage to begin with, and on bypass crits the 30% is ignored plus you get the equivalent of 2 crit perks. I'd rather get 1 hit kills more often then do a few more damage every time, but that's just my preference.
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2010, 11:08:30 pm »

Yes but you bypass a lot less often as you would crit on 3x more crits.
I have both a finesse and a non-finesse 10 luck build and I can tell you that I do a lot more damage on the non-finesse. (taking I have 3x more criticals)

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2010, 11:57:50 pm »

It was purely a pve build, cripple them and keep smashing them in the eyes till you instakill.
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2010, 09:02:50 pm »

hi, i have never played pure HtH in any fallout game so i think i could try, since im still pretty new to Fonline i have serious doubts about my 'builds'

if you guys could give me some inisght on this thing:

yeah im tryint to get the crit/instakill build, now, how hard it would be to start such char w/o acces to any supply like armors/drugs etc... i mean would it be much harder than trying any other "regular" char which could for example speak to npcs and use ranged weapons, and more important is this build solid? id ranther like not to realize "oh this shit aint gonna do well" after few days;P im not really interested in pvp, just some fun game, to be able to travel (almost) anywhere and kill most creatures
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:39 pm »

you should be fine, but you might was to take 2 from int and add to cha so you can trade and get armour and stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.