"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:43:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds  (Read 19838 times)

Re: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 05:21:31 am »

I was looking into doing a HtH build, and had a few questions. Assuming that HtH Evade works someday (it's at least marked high priority), and that it's either + 1/8 or +1/12 Unarmed to AC, will it really make a difference, against any non-sniper player to have the extra AC? From this thread http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=309.0 it seems like it's more than likely that most players would have a gross overabundance that should all but cancel out even incredibly high AC.

For instance, if you attacked a heavy gunner with 6 PE and 100% HW , while you have 300% Unarmed and BoS armor and 10 AG, his chance of hitting you (when you're right next to him, as you should be) is 91% with 1/12 and 55.5 with 1/8, or 71% and 35.5 percent respectively at 5 hexes away. While you would pretty much be invincible if you were 23 and 14 hexes away, an HG isn't going to be shooting at you from that distance anyway.

So my question is, is my assumption right?
Is this perk not at all useful for PvP, even in the most ideal situation (1/8) or am I overestimating how much damage HGs do?
Am I even overestimating how much HGs put into their Heavy Weapons skill?

It just seems like this could have epic potential for fixing unarmed (maybe melee too if they decide to make it work for them as well) in terms of game balance without the devs having to rework the run + attack issue, but that the fraction of AC/Unarmed is just too small to do that right now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:29:04 am by pagemaster »
pagemaster(9)
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:14 am »

Well it's not working, but even if it did you're looking at a bonus of 25 AC if you invest 300 points into unarmed, which is about double the amount of skill you need to be effective and won't leave you with much else to invest in. Not to mention the high int requirement associated with that many skillpoints. But with 10 agi, dodger and evade that's a -40% chance to hit, wearing CA mk2 for the max ac boost of 25 giving you 65% total reduction, snipers will be able to shoot you normally from med-close range and miniguns I think still have the accurate perk which eats up 20% of the ac so minor help there. Probably help most against hth/ builds with low weapon skills required to be effective like throwing. Be great for pve too, most critters would rarely be able to hit you.

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »

Why do mini-guns have the accurate perk? That seems super counter-intuitive.

Oh well, I figured it was a long shot, if anything. I did manage to look into a build similar to what you talk about there, and you actually can put enough points into becoming a doctor (lvl 3), but you'll have nothing in science, which I'm guessing would be important for gathering the materials needed to craft.
pagemaster(9)
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2010, 11:04:41 pm »

Why do mini-guns have the accurate perk? That seems super counter-intuitive.

Oh well, I figured it was a long shot, if anything. I did manage to look into a build similar to what you talk about there, and you actually can put enough points into becoming a doctor (lvl 3), but you'll have nothing in science, which I'm guessing would be important for gathering the materials needed to craft.

with high dodge you could disarm a lone super mutant, take his weapon, beat him down, heal him and repeat for easy xp.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2010, 09:26:03 am »

Dude,Fast shoot affects only ranged and trowing wepons,not unarmed and melle
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2010, 01:08:55 pm »

Dude,Fast shoot affects only ranged and trowing wepons,not unarmed and melle

This was made last wipe

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »

Ive been trying to look around but havent managed to find anything explaining the instakills,what are they and how do they exactly work in melee/hth builds
and do they include for example finesse (which i so far hate like mad on my gimped crafter/7cha slaver)

Interested in trying out hth build because losing days worth of gathering all the time is bit boring, and having alternative character to cool
with sounds fun.

PS* FA and doctor are quite recommended skills, but how about sneak for pvp ? heard it got somehow nerfed
but while im not interested in pvp only...i would like to atleast have a chance.

PSS* would a similiar critbased build work with melee weapons also, i used to like swinging super sledge around in fallout 2...though only melee
weapon ive heard mentioned here is ripper. If ripper is only viable later stage melee weapon then ill just stick with unarmed.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:38:11 pm by Kardia »
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2010, 09:07:40 pm »

Ive been trying to look around but havent managed to find anything explaining the instakills,what are they and how do they exactly work in melee/hth builds
and do they include for example finesse (which i so far hate like mad on my gimped crafter/7cha slaver)

Interested in trying out hth build because losing days worth of gathering all the time is bit boring, and having alternative character to cool
with sounds fun.

PS* FA and doctor are quite recommended skills, but how about sneak for pvp ? heard it got somehow nerfed
but while im not interested in pvp only...i would like to atleast have a chance.

PSS* would a similiar critbased build work with melee weapons also, i used to like swinging super sledge around in fallout 2...though only melee
weapon ive heard mentioned here is ripper. If ripper is only viable later stage melee weapon then ill just stick with unarmed.

The way instakills work in fonline is you roll for crit, then there's a 1-100 roll on the crit table. If you have better crit perk its 21-120 on the table and any roll over 100 is an instakill. Technically if you have 100% crit its a 1/5 chance, but the reality is somewhat different. I haven't got an intakill in pvp since the wipe, might just be unlucky on my part but it seems to only happen in pve. It's great for farming if you have toughness x 2 and lifegivers as with the latent unarmed crit bonuses you can replace the 5% perks with more useful ones. Haymaker with faster hth means 4 ap for an eyeshot, with no perks thats  15% from haymaker, 30% from eye shot, 10 luck and finesse adds 20% and you can hit quickly in rt. The bonus is better crit makes disarming really easy as most possible crit effects on arms end up with crippling blows. just make sure you have 5 str minimum and 7 agi for haymaker. Finesse dr bonus gets bypassed by most crits so its not really an issue, but your non crits will be for like 3dmg. If you want raw damage you can always use mega powerfist, it's better than the ripper but harder to find/more expensive. Supersledge has good damage and doesn't deteriorate or use ammo, but it costs 3100 caps from vendors. If you are going high damage melee forego all crit stats and take heavy handed plus bonus hth dmg x3 and living anatomy that's +20 damage, 5 of which can't be resisted. With a ripper you're looking at 5 attacks with 10 ap per 5 seconds or 3 sledge attacks. Ripper would be 35-52 dmg a hit before dmg reduction and sledge is 38-56, but sledge has knockback which can be pretty intense and disables people for the duration of the slide. Only problem is you have to chase after them. You could try a melee crit build too but I'd lose finesse as without the super high unarmed crit rate you just too many shitty hits.

As for endgame melee you have ripper, cattle prod, super sledge and i can't remember if they added it yet or not but super cattle prod is total ownage. Pretty much nothing has electric resist but BA and even then it's really low. Plus awesome death animations.

FA is pretty much mandatory for a hth build, once you get strong enough to survive in rt it helps a lot for a quick heal in battle. 150 is ideal, but beware the new crit fails which happen too often for reliability if you have 1 luck. Doctor needs to be at 210% at 21 to have 100% success rate at curing weakness. It's awesome for never having downtime but also a huge point investment.

As for pvp you need to be on psycho and other drugs to ever have a chance, lots of stims/superstims is also required. But even then don't imagine you'll be rambo cutting your way through the enemy, BG builds/plasma nades/ sniper crits can all drop you quickly. Never go for aimed hits in pvp because once you select a part you walk to your target, and if they run you'll never catch up unless you run then re select, so it's hard to pull off. I mean i do it just to cripple and blind people on my unarmed char but i always end up dying, I just like trolling pvpers.

Hope that helped you out.

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2010, 06:17:50 am »

Ahh yeah thank you, it helps a lot for sure. Now i just have to decide which way to go for, high damage super sledge smashing does have its own charms,
but so does crippling pker trolling, im not really expecting to be rambo but with high crit and bluesuit i could always troll some pkers who lurk in towns by crippling
their hand for example.

Thanks a lot again, now i just gotta decide on the route to go for.

PS* do bonus hth attack and bonus hth damage perks also affect melee weapons ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:52:13 am by Kardia »
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2010, 10:50:24 am »

Ahh yeah thank you, it helps a lot for sure. Now i just have to decide which way to go for, high damage super sledge smashing does have its own charms,
but so does crippling pker trolling, im not really expecting to be rambo but with high crit and bluesuit i could always troll some pkers who lurk in towns by crippling
their hand for example.

Thanks a lot again, now i just gotta decide on the route to go for.

PS* do bonus hth attack and bonus hth damage perks also affect melee weapons ?

Yup, anything that says hth is both.

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 10:42:22 pm »

Latest update, hth instakill crit builds work great and are fun as hell to play. PVP is possible if you are lucky/they are noobs.

So this would mean a build with 10 luck? What about the perks, I know fast shot doesnt work anymore for unarmed.

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 03:42:22 am »

So this would mean a build with 10 luck? What about the perks, I know fast shot doesnt work anymore for unarmed.

Read 4 posts up it answers your question
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 08:09:16 pm »

I ment traits and not perks sorry

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2010, 08:13:23 pm »

I ment traits and not perks sorry

finesse, small frame works good for hth
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 08:39:20 pm »

Yeah i figured small frame was the way to go.
I'm trying jinxed know, kind of fun to play with a jinxed char :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.