"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:59:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anti thief zones  (Read 1762 times)

Anti thief zones
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:51 am »

After few days playing, I'm really pissed off by only one thing. Wastelands are really harsh, thats good, makes every achievement satysfying, but the thiefs...thats obviosus that they have to live in such society, but bigger trading spots should take care about their own business. Noone wants to loose clients, isn't it possible to make some spots like ncr traders more aware of thiefs? Everyone can see them, sometimes it isn't possible to talk to merchants even for 10 secs, becouse there's already few blue shirts trying to take out your shit.

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Anti thief zones
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:30:33 am »

and that's why there are tents, after you get a tent the PvE becomes ridiculously easy, therefore, you'd get plenty of items stockpiling in there and only go when necessary, but the shit quality of those items will stop thieves from wasting their time on you, for example combat knives from the vault 15 squatters, i've amassed a fortune from em.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:32:42 am by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:52:10 am »

I do use my tent, lov'em when it comes to make a personal vault, but I'm talking about those punk who will steal your last pair of stinky, dirty socks, they're like plague, new players who want to earn as much as possible that way stealing stuff even from each other. I saw today when  some guy was robbing someone, the third guy came and started to steal from thief who didn't even finished his job. Thats madness, they sould be impaled or sth :P

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:15 am »

maybe try moving out of ncr.... cause whole ncr is one big thief zone..
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 01:01:12 am »

I can do that, why not, I can even travel to the north to sell my shit. But what about the others, the newcomers? As I experienced, being robbed few times at the begining can be very demotivating and causes people to leave fo before they can fancy wastelands.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 01:06:31 am »

I can do that, why not, I can even travel to the north to sell my shit. But what about the others, the newcomers? As I experienced, being robbed few times at the begining can be very demotivating and causes people to leave fo before they can fancy wastelands.

what about newcomers? who forces them to stay in ncr? you dig a grave to yourself on your own and after that you keep complaining and making silly suggestions.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:22:13 am »

what about newcomers? who forces them to stay in ncr? you dig a grave to yourself on your own and after that you keep complaining and making silly suggestions.

Most populous city invites most players :>

I agree with OP... Its shit that the transparent UI doesnt work yet after adding barter filters. thieves paradise, If you play on bigger resolution try to position your screen so that your player is on the left side or right (I prefer left) and then drag the barter window to the right if someone comes up press ESC
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:24:45 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 05:22:33 am »

Naw, That would put ALOT of People Out of a Job :P
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:33:12 am »

There is no city without thieves and if there will be more players so there will be more thieves too and they will go to city like Audytum (where they are not very offten now).

Moving from NCR to avoid a thieves isn't a long term sollution.
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:20 pm »

and that's why there are tents, after you get a tent the PvE becomes ridiculously easy, therefore, you'd get plenty of items stockpiling in there and only go when necessary, but the shit quality of those items will stop thieves from wasting their time on you, for example combat knives from the vault 15 squatters, i've amassed a fortune from em.

Really?
A low level thief, claiming to be a doctor, kept trying to steal the only thing I had in my inventory.
A 1 caps shovel ...

Thieving is a problem and is out of control.
The stealing countdown should be increased, I would suggest equal to FA and doctor.

I do use my tent, lov'em when it comes to make a personal vault, but I'm talking about those punk who will steal your last pair of stinky, dirty socks, they're like plague, new players who want to earn as much as possible that way stealing stuff even from each other. I saw today when  some guy was robbing someone, the third guy came and started to steal from thief who didn't even finished his job. Thats madness, they sould be impaled or sth :P

New players aren't the problem, they have low thieving skills and will hardly steal anything.
Some players create thieving characters only to steal from thieves.
It's a good way to annoy thieves in the same way they annoy you.
I have such a character, it's fun.
Most thieves are so stupid you can see them coming from far.
Let them come and walk away.

We're coming close to a point where people need friendly players to block thieves.
At some points it's impossible to trade at NCR traders or to craft there.
Thieves are also regularly in Vault City and San Francisco.
In Vault City they like to hang around the medical terminal from time to time.

I know the opinions from some about NCR, but for new players it's a good starting point.
Better than The Hub where they're more likely to get shot near the workbench or in stores.
There are also plenty brahmin hides available at traders.
You can also buy armor and doctor level's 1 and 2 rather safely.
Nevertheless you would expect a trader like Sha Enin to have his own bodyguards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.